Do you think that DNA machines are biological nanobots?

Discussion in 'Intelligence & Machines' started by UKJoy, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UKJoy Registered Member

Hi.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Please look at the vids on YouTube to see animations of the machines that make DNA, RNA and proteins in animal cells if you don't know what these are (a search finds lots of vids).

If you know what these machines are/do (or after you look) please tell me if you think these are biotech nanobots, because they sure look like it to me as they translate and replicate code.

Then of course the next question is how did these biotech nanobots evolve, or if that's impossible (seeing as they make protein, but are also made from protein), then who made them and put them here in the first place?

Thanks!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

I think sometimes people get so caught up in metaphors and analogies that they forget they are just a literary communicative device instead of a literal defining trait.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Nobody's sure...and they are not biotech, just because they look like little robots.

I've even referred to ribosomes as "printers," that work off of an RNA pattern...likening them in my mind to the 3-d printers that are the hot new thing...

What messes with you is the absolutely enormous stretches of time life took to refine itself into advanced structures...and keep in mind bacteria have really short lifespans, so we're talking hundreds of millions of generations of bacteria since they became structures that could reproduce themselves before we saw any evidence in the fossil record, most likely...basically, until a skeletal structure became part of the template, nothing generally got left behind-fossils of soft-bodied critters are unusual.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.