Do you talk to GOD?

sculptor

Valued Senior Member
Do you talk to GOD?
That's it.
That's the question.

And, though I do not believe in nor expect an interactive god.
I do.

Of course. Someone has to tell her what is going on down here and how to fix it.
She does not listen very well that is why everything is snafu.

Talking to God tends to be a one-way conversation, unless one is hallucinating, schizophrenic or similar.

I ask the universe to explain itself all the time. Well... sort of... I turn my eyes towards the sky and say, "What the fuck?".

It's never chosen to answer my query.

Talking to God tends to be a one-way conversation, unless one is hallucinating, schizophrenic or similar.

I disagree with this statement. In this country I have freedom of speech and religion. If I can’t be a telepath why don’t you prove it, but if I am telepath then you shouldn’t confine us.

I disagree with this statement.
Are you telling me that you talk to God and God answers back?
In this country I have freedom of speech and religion.
Okay...
If I can’t be a telepath why don’t you prove it, but if I am telepath then you shouldn’t confine us.
I said nothing about your being allowed to be a telepath. In fact, I didn't mention telepathy.

If you claim you're a telepath, why don't you prove it to the world? It's not up to me to disprove your implausible claims.

When I was young I made a bargain with god that if he did something for me I would believe in him.

I was "granted" my wish but couldn't be arsed to fulfill my "side" of the bargain. :biggrin: ;)

My "faith" in common sense told me there was only one party to the agreement,and I have not heard from my imaginary party since (ever ,actually)

Has talkin to God made you a beter person.???
I'll reference Kierkegaard
(roughly) I am resigned to an infinite difference between man and god.
Acknowledging that, then:
Talking to god is a form of humility.
Does humility make me a better person?

I do not know!
Perhaps, It helps to keep my tendency to arrogance in check?

Last edited:
Listening to God might make people better people.

The problem is that too many people are getting conflicting messages from too many gods.
Yep... an ive been a part of the 5 true religions that turned out to have major prollems:::

Catholic
Methodist
Baptist
Church of God
Pennycost

Many people these days try an copy what i started 20 years ago (NACA)... an most of 'em call it Spiritualism to avoid the obvous peollems wit "religion".!!!

Okay...

I said nothing about your being allowed to be a telepath. In fact, I didn't mention telepathy.

If you claim you're a telepath, why don't you prove it to the world? It's not up to me to disprove your implausible claims.
James why should a telepath have to prove to you that they are a telepath? It is enough that they know what they are capable of doing. They have no obligation to enlighten you. There could be a lot of telepathic conversations occurring that you have no knowledge of. If you want to hear them learn to be a telepath.

Okay...

Faith in life makes trees glow, but no one can possibly see it unless they practice inner peace and calmness.

Back