Do you support the DREAM act?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Saven, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saven Registered Member

The USA can't house the minority trash of the whole world, pjdude. There isn't enough for room for anyone who wants to come here, to come here. If we just opened our borders and let illegals with a wage difference of like 800% lower start running rampant in this country, then the economy of the USA would be no better than the foreign shitholes that these people came from. The reason this country is good is because we DON'T open our borders.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

If all of your janitors, babysitters, and farm workers are white, then you don't live in an area that is overrun by illegal aliens. Employers don't want to hire citizens to do these jobs because then they have to pay them minimum wage and give them benefits like heath care or disability. Jobs like those go straight to illegal immigrants, I know because I was in the same looking for the same type of work and they beat me out everytime. Was it frustrating and unfair, yes it certainly was, but to say there is no demand is just ignorant. If people actually followed the law and never hired illegal people, there wouldn't be a large influx of illegal immigrants over here. They come for better work opportunities, if there weren't any jobs to be had then I'm sure they would rather have a job to support their families back home, than to be here all alone and homeless with no income whatsoever. The illegal people get deported and the company hires new illegal people to replace them. This is a two way street, if Americans hate having illegal immigrants in the country so much then they need to stop hiring them and boycott all of the places that do. Personally I think the immigrants who fall into this particular category should be given temporary citizenship after they turn 18 and they have so many years to complete all of the paperwork and test required to become an actual citizen or they have that many years to arrange something else if they don't want to stay or don't want to be citizens. Point is government knows who they are so they can't hide for long once their time is up.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I hadn't noticed you before Saven, so my response has been somewhat delayed while I cleaned up the vomit.
    You are making an unwarranted and certainly unsubstantiated judgement that these individuals are trash.

Let's see what it entails to qualify as trash. You have to leave your home, your family, your friends and your familiar environment. You travel thousands of miles, often at great physical peril. You then work long hours, perhaps in dangerous conditions for a pittance of a wage, with the constant threat of discovery and deportation and the virtual assurance of exploitation. And you do this because you hope to improve the lot of yourself and your family.

It rather seems as if being trash involves taking a hard road and is deserving of admiration rather than condemnation.

Right. I see. Have you done much travelling? Or do just have poor skills of perception?

The reason your country was at one time great, economically, scientifically and morally, can be found in these words:

"Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Shame on you.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Saven Registered Member

You aren't making any sense, cutsie.

The DREAM act isn't going to help free up jobs for legal citizens -- at all. They will still be here in droves, taking our jobs. But if the DREAM act were passed, a small percentage of them will be taking our white collar jobs instead of our blue collar ones, and we'd call them "conditional legal" instead of illegal from that point on. Some solution. That is like saying that if we just legalized all the illlegal aliens in the USA at once, then we wouldn't have an illegal alien problem anymore -- because they would be legal. Oh wait... that's retarded.

Don't be dumb by quoting me as saying that there is no demand for illegal work. I said there isn't a *high* demand for illegal work -- which is true. Most companies except the low-down ones that pay under the table won't hire illegal immigrants, or else they will be fined. Illegal immigrants are a liability, not an asset. Illegal immigrants do not find easy work here in the USA cutsie. Most of them get by on temporary odd jobs and lawnmowing. They struggled to find gainful employment in their old country and they struggle to find it here as well. And now that more and more companies are using e-verify (look it up), it is becoming harder than ever before to work here illegally -- and thank God!

In the meantime, why don't you explain exactly why you feel that these illegals deserve to be put ahead of legal applicants in the line for green card? After all, that is what the DREAM act does. It also crowds up our already overburdened state colleges with non-taxpaying leeches. Those are issues you clearly don't want to touch... because you seem more concerned with the benefits this will give to illegal aliens, than the damage it would to actual Americans in the long run. And how do you propose that such an act would do ANYTHING to help stop illegal immigration, when the next generation of kids who come here after the DREAM act passes will be stuck in the same place, the same situation, as the current beneficiaries of the act. Should they just keep being legalized forever? If anything that will just attract even more.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  8. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Take your racism and shove it. they aren't trash they're human beings.
    Well not with people trying to destroy our econmy.
    800% really can you say full of shit.
    Um no not really. the reason they woirk the dirt jobs is because people like you don't believe they should have access to good jobs.
    I suppose we(the us) would have been better off if all those inventions that immigrants gave us were developed elsewhere. you know like the modern electrical system(Based on AC)

9. Saven Registered Member

Get well, soon.

Were your parents illegal? Thieves often have to work in dangerous conditions at physical great peril too. We don't admire thieves though; we punish them for breaking the law and potentially hurting other people for their own greed. Well, I see no reason for illegal aliens to be an exception to that. They are a burden on the American people, they broke the law by coming here, and they knew full well that what they were doing was wrong. There's nothing honorable about greed, ophiolite.

That applies to legal immigrants.

Illegal aliens didn't make this country great, you nutcase. Legal immigrants did. Do get with the program.

10. Saven Registered Member

Where is the racism here? Illegal aliens don't just come from Mexico, you unbelievable twit. And yes, the average wage in Mexico is something like two dollars an hour. Here it is like seventeen dollars. So the wage difference is actually a little more than 800%. Obviously just opening our borders to a whole bunch of unbelievably poor people would turn our lower states into living hellholes, just like good old mother Mexico.

Illegal aliens don't invent things in the USA pjdude. They just steal them. Dont' confuse them with legal immigrants, please. It's insulting to every legal applicant who applies from outside the USA like they are supposed to do.

11. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Not everyone agrees. And those who disagree are not all bleeding heart liberals. (You do know who Alan Greenspan is, don't you?)
    Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan said that illegal immigration makes a “significant” contribution to U.S. economic growth by providing a flexible workforce.

Greenspan, appearing before a Senate subcommittee today, said illegal immigrants provide a “safety valve” as demand for workers rises and falls.

“There is little doubt that unauthorized, that is, illegal, immigration has made a significant contribution to the growth of our economy,” Greenspan said. An overhaul of U.S. immigration laws is “badly needed” to create legal avenues for skilled and unskilled workers to enter the country legally, he said.

I can find plenty more like that one.

What if they were? My arguments are not based on their status, though they are based to a degree on their values of inclusion and fairness.

There is honour in trying to survive and prosper.

You made his categorical statement "The reason this country is good is because we DON'T open our borders."

You are now furiously backpedalling to say you meant we don't open our borders to illegal aliens. Well, duh! That's kind of how we define an illegal alien - someone who we have closed the door on (though not very successfully).

Back in a time when the doors were pretty well open in contrast with today when they are comparatively closed. Whether you like it or not it was an open door policy that contributed to the rise of America. Full stop. Period.

12. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

and i'm not going to repond to this because quite frankly there is no way I can without insulting your intelligence.
    and it has an inherent fallacy of they can get any job an the Us they get paid less than minimum wage so its really at best around 300% and that is pushing it.
    not really if we did something that based on your attitude you steadfastly oppose allow them to legally enter, help them, and quit being a racist.

So just because some one's an Illegal means they can't be creative. They just steal them.
    i'm not but I guess the only reason your not shitting on them is because than you can't pretend your not a racist.
    No it isn't because they just like anyone else can invent things pretending they don't is an insult to every decent human being.

13. Saven Registered Member

Most do. In what way could illegals possibly help to build our economy? By drug trafficking? Identity theft? Welfare fraud? Tax evasion? Criminal activities without consequences? Free ER visits? Free education? Do tell.

So are you the child of illegals or what? It's a straight question; why can't you give a straight answer?

There is honor in trying to survive without hurting other people. Illegals don't do that. Thieves and murderers try to survive too. Greed and theft are not noble concepts, however.

Backpedalling? Methinks you need to relearn what an "open borders" policy is, stupid. It means "unrestricted entry and exit." I know, it's hard.

We never had an open door policy. We did have looser restrictions, but it was never open borders or open door or whatever you want to call it. The difference was that back then our population was low, the West Coast was sparsely populated, and we needed laborers. That is no longer the case. We don't need blue collar laborers anymore, which is what most people who immigrate here illegally are. We need skilled workers; that is why we have tight restrictions. Obtaining a green card is a privilege we give to immigrants, not a right that they are inherently owed.

FACT: in Mexico the punishment for illegally immigrating to the country is far worse than what we have here. The little slimes over there will throw you in jail for years for doing it. So much for US being the racists, lol!

14. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

I dont see the problem with this at all.

15. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

So wanting a half way decent life for you and your family is greedy?

16. Saven Registered Member

Because you aren't thinking about the people it hurts: like legal immigrants.

17. Saven Registered Member

You can have a half-way decent life in Mexico. Most people are not starving in Mexico. They have clothes and an education system. They may not be as good as ours, but they are not living in straw houses and running around nude with nothing to eat. So yes, they come here out of greed.

And not only do they disregard our sovreign right to keep who we want out of own country, but they burden everyone inside of it and crowd it up for people who want to come here legally. Don't the dreams of the legal immigrants count too? They should count MORE.

18. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

No, because I find the idea helps eliminate cultural and political barriers that seperate us as a global society. At least its a start.

19. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

No they don't and the people coming here are the people that can't get a chance in mexico. So rather than spew your hate think and try being human. They come here for a better life and here you are being all high and mighty saying they should live in squalor.

Well i'd gladly exchange you for any of them.
    Illegal immigrants don't effect legal immigration that much. I'd explain why but quite franly i doubt you'd listen for thine hatred is blind and unyielding.

20. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

No, because these would be people who have proven that they are capable of becoming an asset to the country and they would be partly or wholly assimilated anyway. These are the people who we know add more than they take from the system, so deportation is just our way of sending productive human capital—capital built up in our school systems using funds we provided—away to foreign countries. That capital perhaps to be lost since these kids will mostly need to switch into "survival mode" when transplanted into what to them are largely foreign culture, foreclosing in many cases the possibility of college.

21. Saven Registered Member

Globalism blows. It destroys cultures, not protect them.

22. Saven Registered Member

Sucks for them. But they chose to overstay at 18, pandaemoni. As a kid they didn't have a choice. As an adult, however, they DID.

And there are plenty of qualified, skilled, and college educated legal immigrants who want to come here. They are the ones who deserve priority. After all, they're the ones following the law and so they deserve first dibs on the path to green cards. I can't imagine anyone arguing against that.

23. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

yeah fuck it you in no way or shape or form are benefiting from the crime in a way that takes from other but fuck it on the streets of the slums of latin america you go

AMERICA FUCK YEAH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.