Do you love America?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by desi, Sep 11, 2007.

1. radicand Registered Senior Member

What a brilliant response!!! It would take another marxist to know exactly what the hell you are saying.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. radicand Registered Senior Member

Truly, I think you better think this stuff over. You have two points in here that are directly opposite and you say that you do not adhere to either????

Furthermore, you do not think that big business (a marxist buzzword) does not exploit????

You do not think that people are not shaped by the conditions of their lives??? Really!!! When was the last time you didn't cry foul about tax cuts???

Marx actually had a good grasp of some things, but he failed in his solutions. For an example, his alienation theory makes some sense. Though, I personally don't agree with all of it. However, that theory leads us to the Communist Manifesto as the solution to alienation.

-rad

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

What innocent Civilians?

No that is a Moslem on Jihad, and they aren't soldiers.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Insanity: doing the same thing for 60 years and expecting different results. :crazy:

8. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Insanity, doing the same thing for 41,270 post and never doing anything about it.

Still at Home, daddy's house in India.

9. Kusko Registered Member

America is as much of a joke as its so called peaceful mission in Kosovo/Kosova..

Nice little Guantanmo Bay they built up there, what's its name again, Camp Bondsteel?

Hahah, spreading democarcy my ass. America is all about self-interest, and hypocrisy.

Lets taint the Serbs image beyond recovery, and then top it off by taking their land and putting up a new Guantanamo Bay there.

In fact, America never goes to war unless its out of interest. They just fabricate reasons, and push for support right before they bomb the shit out of everything.

"In Money We Trust" - Tis the American way.

Gooo Canada!!! Screw America!

10. Vkothii Banned Banned

America is an idea.
    The idea is still waiting to be realised, of course, much like many other empires throughout history.
    Like Rome supposedly becoming a Republic again eventually, just that the emperor model worked so well, it's one of the things America has enshrined "democratically", by choosing a new Emperor now and then.

He's still more or less Imperator Rex for a while - they even give every one of their temporary emperors lifelong membership in the emperor's club. Cool huh?

11. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Or rather, not convinced by any of the opposing arguments for 41 270 posts.

Still trolling I see.

12. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

No country, does anything, unless they perceive it to be in their best interest.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah, like the Nazis. Should they be held accountable for their acts?

14. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

i will never understand why this paid anti american propagandist is allowed to write here.

but then again, most americans in this day and age lack patriotism.

15. Guru Registered Senior Member

Lack Patriotism

Come again - Do you mean blind patriotism in a country which believes in killing non whites in continent where 80% of americans will never set foot in their life. Occupying another country for their natural resources. What is there to be patriotic about ..well you mean be patriotic believe in your leaders read bible and blindly do the bidding of corporate america..then sorry I am not patriotic..

I am just wondering is there a decade in the last century when US was not at war with another country covert or other wise... and how many times was the US attacked on its soil by soldiers from other country??

Imperialism has been going on for quite some time till there are blind followers in name of patriotism ..your patriotism generates terror in minds of people in Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Puerto Rico, panama, guatemala, venezuela, argentina, columbia ... Early 1900 was when US was fighting "insurgency" in Phillipines ..wow that really made way for sweat shops for walmart and nike ..let freedom ring.

16. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Just because Buffalo and Spock and the lads are defending the indefensible, and deluded in ways that are clear to you, does not mean you understand things outside your experience related to them. You are wrong about the "good soldier", and you underestimate the sophistication of US military command.

Somebody's got to balance the Israeli agitprop.

17. John99 Banned Banned

You are just too ignorant. In the early 1900's the U.S predicted walmart was going to use foreign labor in 2008?

But Obama is going to stop the outsourcing.

18. Kusko Registered Member

As long as anything doesn't involve falsifying information in order to invade/bomb other countries then that's fair game. As for America, its not just anything and its never fair game. America is setting countries back, poisoning nations with bombing's (ie. Serbia), partitioning a nation against its will (ie. Serbia - Kosovo), and murdering innocent people with bombing's (ie. 1999 bombing of Serbia). This to me crosses the lines between whats legal, and more importantly what's moral. Are we not human beings anymore? A lot of Americans like to call themselves devoted Christian's yet they blindly follow, and support the illegal actions of their own government.. I cant even begin to tell you how wrong that is.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You mean all US troops are bad soldiers? Because they haven't learned to say no to the last 50 years of militaristic hubris?

Know any dog trainers?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obedience_training

20. John99 Banned Banned

So the U.N was wrong for getting involved?

21. iceaura Valued Senior Member

No. I mean you don't know what's involved in soldiering, and your description of robotic order-taking cannon fodder is silly, as is your apparent belief that US military command is very simpleminded.

Civilians who underestimate the nature of military operations, the complexities involved, tend to do lot of harm when an army is put at their disposal. It wasn't US military command that got the US into Iraq in this ugly fashion, for example.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

And the army couldn't refuse. Because they don't follow orders? Because they are independent thinkers?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. iceaura Valued Senior Member

If you want the army subject to civilian control, you get some bad with the good.

The alternative is generally thought to be worse, by those fond of freedom and democracy anyway.