Do you believe god communicates with me?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Lori_7, Apr 7, 2011.

?

Do you believe god communicates with me?

1. yes

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. no

23 vote(s)
    71.9%
  3. i don't know

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. i don't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

there was a time when you would have thought that was my job. i apologized to god once for being such a bitch and he said, "well at least you're yelling at me." :shrug:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

if everybody loved each other we wouldn't have any enemies.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. birch Valued Senior Member

but unfortunately selfishness is the easiest way and nature allows it.

so some people will take advantage of others or hurt others unless there is backlash.

8. SciWriter Valued Senior Member

That's not possible, but, don't worry, for we are killing them as fast as we can.

9. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

10. drumbeat Registered Senior Member

Only if we loved everyone equally, including our own mothers, children, and random people from the other side of the world who we never meet.

In reality, despite the fact that someone might love everyone, they probably love their own family more, and therefore would help their family before someone they've never met.

11. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i believe it's possible.

12. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i don't think that nature is ultimately allowing it. i think we're headed for an apocalyptic backlash.

13. wellwisher Banned Banned

Inside the brain are personality firmware, which are called the archetypes of the collective unconscious. These firmware are common to all humans and define natural human propensities; human nature. These firmware are empty at birth, but like seeds, develop into a neural structuring, using individual external and internal data to fill in the deveoping scaffolding of the firmware.

The easiest example to see is falling in love. This is very collective human, occurring independent of culture and even time in history. On the other hand, since the firmware collects realtime data for the scaffolding, falling in love also has an individual and contemporary aspect. We can spot someone in love since it is collective, but they have their unique space since the data collected is individual to them.

Falling in love, in a deeply moving sense, is not something the ego can choose. Often circumstances are needed to induce the firmware. Once induced, the firmware can become very compelling as it gathers data. It is the compelling nature of the launched firmware which is considered the premium aspect of being in love.

When someone is in love, or when this firmware is induced, one may see the world through rose colored glasses. The firmware adds a projection effect onto our conscious perception. If you are in love, the beloved may seem like the nicest person in the world. This is not objective, but a composite of conscious perception and firware projection. Other people, not under the projection spell of the firmware, can see the other person is a bad seed, for example. But the one in love, can't see this reality since the firmware is shining the love light. They need to wait for the program to terninate, then they can see fine.

The firmware of love, although the easiest to see, is not the only firmware. There are other typesof firmware which are less conscious. Instead of projecting rose colored glasses, some firmware project more in line of intuition and information. These types are called archetypes of meaning and relationship (human, object, and ideas). This compulsion and projection may be the voice in the head.

It is an acquired skill that allows access to the natural scaffolding of the firware which organizes ideas in the scaffolding of the long history of human nature. But like the archetype of love, the data input also has personal and social data components. It can be tuned for today yet reflect eternal truth (scaffold). The composite may appear like from god.

14. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Lets reverse the question, why did you survive before you knew he existed?

According to your standpoint, its because G-d was watching over you 'protecting' you.

15. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i do feel like i've been protected now but i couldn't have realized that before i knew about god. i was always too afraid to off myself, though interestingly enough not too afraid to have an abortion. figure that one out.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

what else is there to do but survive? it's what everyone does.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  16. SciWriter Valued Senior Member

That's the brain's job. Nothing else required.

17. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

but that's obviously not all there is.

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Why not?

19. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Not those that commit suicide.

Lori, you should have the common sense to know that your body was made to live, and to resist dying.

Just an example, if for whatever reason your brain were to stop sending a signal to the heart to beat the heart has a small piece of tissue ontop of it that will make it beat, sort of like a mini pacemaker.

And if for some completely weird reason that the backup fails there is another one located at the bottom of the heart that can function for a decent amount of time.

If for some reason your lungs are not breathing your brain can force them to respirate temporarily.

Your hands have five fingers each, you can lose two of those fingers before it even becomes a problem, and you can still maintain some functionality with just one hand and two fingers left.

Did you know that if I were to sedate you and cut out two thirds of your liver that you would survive? And that it would actually begin to regrow itself.

You can lose a kidney and your other kidney can still function well enough to filter the blood.

Lori, your body and your brain are made specifically to keep you alive. Do you think it completely unreasonable that there is some sort of fundamental instinctual command in your brain to do whatever it can to survive? And that you can only ever bypass that command under the most extreme of circumstances?

That is the sort of thing that increases the rate at which your heart beats, its the sort of thing that releases adrenaline when need be.

Lori, if you actually believe that the only reason your alive is because B-d is watching over you because your so much more special then the other 6 billion people in this world then you must be delusional. Especially because 1.7 billion of those people are desperately clinging to life in their impoverished state and almost all of them are smart enough to not want to bypass the instinctual need for survival.

Lori, 1.7 billion people out there need G-d's help infinitely more then you, if by some silly miracle you are right. Then it only serves to proves how screwed up god's priorities are. You don't deserve to have him 'communicate' to you.

20. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

because you're not a big brain in a jar. even then, there would be a jar.

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's called your skull and you are.

22. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i'm not sure if i understand what your point is. if we're suffering, then we're not surviving all that well. and i didn't say i deserved it. i said it happened.

23. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i meant that's not all there is in the universe and beyond.