Do you believe god communicates with me?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Lori_7, Apr 7, 2011.

?

Do you believe god communicates with me?

1. yes

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. no

23 vote(s)
    71.9%
  3. i don't know

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. i don't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. gmilam Valued Senior Member

It's that realization that makes it possible to learn how to accept other people's shortcomings... and, eventually, learn how to forgive.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. birch Valued Senior Member

what you think is communicating with you is mostly irevelant when it comes to issues of religion or concepts of god except to those who find your particular path or religion attractive for them. what's more important is what you learn.

a lot of what you state have been learned by others who may not have the same concepts of god or religion at all. some may have none
    whatsoever.

think about it. there are children born into this world who know that people should be nice to eachother and loving as well as respectful etc.

maybe it's all about getting back to the truth amidst all the layers of lies, crud and turmoil.

life gives us many experiences to decide our values just by the process of living and perhaps not losing sight of it or resisting corruption just the same. sometimes the truth was there all along, just need to recognize it and sometimes that is a process in a world full of so many distractions and different ways to corrupt.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

I don't think the content itself is so much the point here.
    I think what really matters is that she has received a kind of personal confirmation or verification of what was until then only theory to her.

Most of us have quite noble theories about how we should be, what is right and what is wrong; but we tend to have quite a degree of doubt about them and adhere to them poorly.

I imagine that a personal revelation from God gives those theories a new quality, a visceral inspiration to transcend our doubts and a new level of adherence.

A moment of insight is worth a million prayers.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Is this evidence for you -

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

-?

8. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

that's actually one of the first things god encouraged me to do..forgive somebody in particular. and when i did, and i felt the big black cloud that had been following me around for years dissipate, i realized how important and correct forgiveness is, and that's a major tenet of the bible. i truly didn't understand that until i experienced it.

9. drumbeat Registered Senior Member

So does that mean you think that its impossible for a crazy person to falsely think he's talking with God?

Are you saying that she made it up in her sub-concious?

10. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

Then your religion has done something good for you. That's good to hear.

11. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

because they aren't. i mean, who says we should? us? lol...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

and while i know what you mean, i really don't think "nice" is the word to use. a lot of times people are nice just because they want something. imo "nice" doesn't imply sincerity, but love does. and sincerely loving people is a hard thing to learn how to do in this world. i mean, if love were so obvious, then why don't more people do it?

12. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

it wasn't the religion that did it; it was god who said to me, "you should forgive your father". then he said something that changed my perspective regarding it so that it actually made sense to me to do it, and i did. then experienced the effect. it's only then that it occurred to me why forgiveness was so important and correct. it wasn't important and correct just because it was written down, or someone told me it was.

13. drumbeat Registered Senior Member

Why is it inconceivable to so many people that humans can see the benefits of love and being nice to each other without someone telling them?

You are underestimating us, and I can't decide if its pathetic or insulting.

14. gmilam Valued Senior Member

Because it's easier said than done. The Golden Rule makes sense in theory; in practice it's a little more difficult.

As Dylan said, "People don't do what they believe in, they just do what's most convenient then they repent."

15. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

repent means change. why do you think it's so hard for people be righteous?

16. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

that was a long time ago. 97-98 maybe? i had received a strong impression that the alien phenomenon was demonic. i had heard that many people were suffering from abductions and the like, and i felt compelled to tell everybody.

i happened across this site, where people were talking about aliens and such.

17. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i'm sorry; i'm not trying to insult anyone. it's not about someone telling them, but showing them. it's not being shown in this world to my satisfaction. i am not satisfied with my own ability to love. there's something wrong with us all.

18. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

yes. the most blatent example is the whole "chosen lady" thing. i don't even know what it means for christ's sake.

19. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

by "good" i meant enlightened, intelligent, creative, or whatever it would take for me to come up with this stuff on my own.

20. gmilam Valued Senior Member

Change is only one of the meanings. For most people it just means that they beat themselves up about it afterwords.

Why is it hard? We'are all selfish in one way or another, every now and again. After all, we're only human. :shrug:

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

If you don't know what it means, then it could mean nothing.

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Because we aren't meant to love everyone, it's an impossible expectation, and stupid besides. Do you really want to love me like you love your husband?

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I don't think she received anything, I think her own mind provided her with justification for believing something she wanted to believe anyway.