Do you believe god communicates with me?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Lori_7, Apr 7, 2011.

?

Do you believe god communicates with me?

1. yes

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. no

23 vote(s)
    71.9%
  3. i don't know

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. i don't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Qualifying those tendencies as "codependent" already partly answers your question ...
    (And people who actually are codependent aren't likely going to be able to talk about it openly.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)

I believe you. Because I believe that anything anyone says about God is a reflection of that person's consciousness about God.

In order to answer these questions, I need to go back in time, to a state I was in about a year ago - and I'm answering them because it should be interesting to understand such a perspective, and because I doubt anyone else here will offer many affirmative answers:

It makes me think that you are special, one of God's favorite children - while I am not. I feel left out of the "cool crew".

Yes. I get the impression that even though we can talk to eachother, we are from totally different worlds. This is an extremely alienating circumstance of communication. Something like suddenly finding oneself at a royal dinner, except that this time, the stakes are infinite.

Yes. Because anyone who has superior knowledge could use it against me; this is a common experience.

It's more that by having this superb qualification and prilege of having God talk to you, you are in the position to be entitled not to care about others; but that we, the losers, have to care about others, while you, the winners, are entitled not to.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Who said they were?

Because people are different, live at different times, in different circumstances, are at different levels of spiritual attainment.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Indeed. The existence of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam is a fine refutation of the idea that all revelations of god were the same.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Your way of talking about God is extraneous to "official formal discussions about God".
    When someone speaks about God in a manner like you do, to an audience like Sci, they are likely bound to be discredited.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Has he communicated any knowledge to Lori_7 that she could not have known on her own?

9. Yazata Valued Senior Member

You may indeed be peaceful, compassionate and wise. But you certainly don't appear to be extraordinary in those respects. In other words, you don't show me what I'd expect to see if an infinitely benevolent and infinitely powerful being, the creator of entire universes, had actually reached out and touched you. I'd expect that to be an utterly transformative event.

(I haven't been touched by any gods either, so I'm not saying anything about you that I wouldn't say about myself as well.)

It's a pretty extraordinary claim.

When I said that your claims that you communicate with God alienate me, I wasn't saying anything about God. I don't think that God exists, remember. Nor was I saying anything about your intelligence.

What alienates me in this situation is the idea of somebody saying flatly, 'That's what God revealed to me!' My only choice then is take or leave it. Disagreeing would be like spitting into the wind. Regular two-way human conversation becomes pretty much impossible when people start claiming divine authority for their views.

Those are wonderful things. It might not matter all that much where the idea came from. What's more important is what we do with it.

10. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i think there is a right answer, and one that over time will manifest into our biology, and into our dna according to the laws that govern the universe, whatever they are.

11. SciWriter Valued Senior Member

Sensation, sensation, sensation…

The God believer may but the result of indoctrination, the sources of which may be geographical, sociological, or familial, but I shall move on, in a bit, to those who utilize introspection and/or felt sensation.

Either way, they want it that the zillion galaxies of the universe are all there for their mammal, sapiens sapiens cause—the beginning of wrong thinking, to which is added on that life requires Life behind it, but that, suddenly, Life does not. We can see that there can be some emotional comfort of being taking care of gained by this here and in an afterlife.

The mistake is to posit a Being as fundamental, which no being can be. They want not just any old Being, but even an infinitely advanced one. No go.

Nor does the eternal basis of stuff or even nothing admit to any creation, as it was forever; however, emotion trumps logic, for some, and they will neglect reason or not care, for they do want what they want as their own exaggerated importance in the scheme of things. They don’t wish to be humble material creatures who have even been shown to have evolved from little things over 4 billion years.

The right hemisphere of the brain is much more holistic than the left, and may even emit a felt sensation of a presence that is wordless, it being a felt sensation. The right brain itself is the presence. One can even feel the right brain side getting a bit warmer when, say, considering a piece of furniture as a whole instead of inspected its details.

All in all, experiences of presences or gods is but the “second story” atop the neurological first floor, but believers are prone to neglect science or even bash it to keep their notions safe.

The mythic ages will die out as new generations come along, as it already seen in Europe and in the once stable U.S. northeast.

There is nothing to show for God, as expected, and everything to show against, a double whammy, yet emotion from introspection strives on, the blind leading the blind. It’s only human to do so.

They grasp for unscientific proofs, such as in OBEs, which are but of sleep paralysis and can even be chemically induced, and also employing terms, right and left, like ‘spirit’ which are “just said”, having been invented just for the occasion of the God beliefs, and even then proclaiming them as gospel truth, which is surely an overstatement and further a deception.

We’ve always had myths, but we didn’t always have science. As God vanishes and the world closes in, especially in these uncertain times, there will still be some who wish to appeal to magic, as something to hold onto to: yet, ‘magic’ has strings attached. A little more thought beyond the almost automatic stopping point of thinking no further reveals that we are already free to be, there being no need to restrict one’s self to the idea of some strict family father figure of ancient times, whom they. amazingly, even go on to speak for. Alas, myth will not save the world, but only retard it.

12. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

what's happened to me is actually evidence of a lot of things people like to question and argue about out here. it's evidence to me. perhaps not to some because my life wasn't set up to be some scientific experiment. but imo, that's not the point of life.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

If it's not evidence to me too, then it's not evidence.

14. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

Lori did God tell you to come and write on this forum?

15. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

well i'm sure phlog is happy because he was right, whether he wants to talk about it or not.

according to the poll results, you're the only one.

the message i've received is to care about others. that communion is the answer, and is what gives life meaning and purpose. communion based on love and trust and honesty. i'm the one who's had this experience and i don't feel the same way you do about what it means. it doesn't make me more valuable than anyone. i've learned that we're all equally valuable even though we're different. i see lives like puzzle pieces, formed individually but when brought together make a big picture.

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

How do you know you aren't just personifying feelings generated in your own brain?

17. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

no, not specifically. my initial motivation in participating in the forum though was based on something god did impart to me years ago, and i felt the need to share. i saw this forum and thought it seemed like it was an appropriate place to express it.

18. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

because i'm just not that good. :shrug:

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

So it seems to be a self-esteem problem. Don't be so down on yourself, most people underestimate our brains.

20. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

my intelligence has never been a source of low self esteem to me; quite the opposite actually.

21. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

Could you elaborate on what it is you need to share with us Lori, so I/we can understand you better?

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Why don't you think you have the power to conclude that people should be nice to each other?

23. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

This is interesting. Could it be that you and other humans are more complex than just good/bad or at least that it's not an "either/or".