Do you believe global warming is taking place?

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by Mind Over Matter, Nov 28, 2011.

1. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

I think I see what you are talking about. . . but you really could be more clear, and language could help with that. I have nothing wrong with capitalism in theory. You really need to draw a distinction between that and corporatism.

capitalism
    corporatism

One is sponsored by big government and absurdly government enforced Stare decisis. It's not I that am making the generalizations here. It is you that are placing them into my mouth.

However, you are correct, I am making a direct attack on the consumerist lifestyle as the principle source of value for human beings source of happiness. I think our source of fulfillment should be the pursuit of knowledge, and the service to others, not the pursuit of material comforts and endless distractions. This is completely in opposition to the elites planned slavery control scheme of a servant consumerist society where the masses are kept ignorant and under control.

Look it up. Planned obsolescence, and the engineered and orchestrated daily bombardment of perceived obsolescence are the demons of our society. I still wear some of the clothing I had in high school. . . and that was twenty years ago, how about you? But then, I'm too smart to fall prey to destroy the environment and the planet just to "stimulate" the economy for the fat cats. Only the starry eyed believe these trends, or "style" or "global warming" or "new ice age" bullshit. Or whatever the MSM will pump out next. . .

The earth will go on the same as it ever has. We are just one small creature on it, and will have to muddle through, same as any other creature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eAQa4MOGkE&ob=av2e

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

And yet the two biggest items most people ever buy, their home and their cars have no such thing as planned obsolescence.

Homes are made to last longer than people live and while in 1961 the very expensive Lincoln Continental was the first car manufactured in the U.S. to be sold with a 24,000 mile/2-year warranty, cars now routinely come with 100,000/10 year warranties.

I replaced all my old CRT TVs with Flat Screens for reasons of technology, not because these well used sets (more than a decade of daily use) had stopped working.

My Pioneer Receiver from the 60s and HPM-100 speakers and Dual Turntable with Shure cartridge all still sound great, though I added a recently added a Yamaha AV receiver for it's HDMI capability.

My refrigerator, dish-washer, Stove and Oven are all over 20 years old and all work great, my light-bulbs are mainly bulbs that will last 5 or more years etc etc

Indeed, you are so out of touch with reality that I don't think I've seen anything more ironic than your "Only the starry eyed believe these trends, or "style" or "global warming""

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.