Divorce in Islam, and Other Cultural Issues

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by tresbien, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Bells Staff Member

Yes?

This is also interesting reading.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kadark Banned Banned

Bells:

You're going off topic. I'm talking about how the Western culture exploits people's insecurities to physically change the way they look, all for money. You're talking about how sexual activity is viewed in certain Middle Eastern countries. Please try to stick to the topic at hand.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

You act like it's either one or the other. Culture in general is a scam. Consumerism is no one's culture, it's just the triumph of con men over good taste and craftsmanship.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bells Staff Member

And I am reminding you that some cultures place ridiculous expectations, sometimes with risk of harm, abuse or death, if the individual does not adhere to said expectations. You find it easy to criticise the West for their exploits, without realising your own society also has such expectations, leading women to undergo surgery to repair their hymen, whether they had sex or not, because their family and spouse to be demands they are virgins when married. In short, don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.

The topic at hand is whether it is acceptable to ask for divorce if the couple's sex life is bad or the other person in the marriage is bad in bed.

Mod Note — This is a relevant excerpt of a longer post from the original topic. Extraneous material has been removed.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2008
  8. Kadark Banned Banned

Which society are you referring to when you say "your own society"?

What expectations of beauty does "my society" uphold?

9. Bells Staff Member

Oh.. I should have said that many of the same faith as you.

Change "beauty" to "purity" and you might actually get it.

10. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Pay attention, damn it!

You really should learn to pay attention, Kadark. I wasn't stupid enough to marry her.

Which, it would seem, is one of the recurring themes of this topic. I'm sorry if I confused you by not making the point about not marrying her, but since you're aware that I mention the issue every now and then, I would think you could have picked that part up by now.

11. Kadark Banned Banned

That's still incorrect. People of my faith are very diverse. You have Muslims that think the burkha is mandatory for all women (of any age), and you have Muslims who think it is unIslamic. Most people of my faith disagree on many issues with me.

Again, "purity" has nothing to do with it.

12. Kadark Banned Banned

Do you say things like this to her in person? "I'm so happy we're together, but thank God I wasn't stupid enough to marry you!"

Well, did you describe her as a "girlfriend" or as a "partner"? Maybe the wording confused me. Or maybe, small details about your relationship with women seem to go through one ear and out the other with me. Who knows?

13. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Mod Hat - Advisory

Mod Hat — Advisory

This topic has been split out from "Divorce Because Of". The posts included here are removed in full or part from the prior discussion, with the exception of the topic post, which was reproduced for reference purposes.

This topic will remain in EM&J for the time being. I will redirect it appropriately (most likely to Religion) in the near future.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  14. Leo Volont Registered Senior Member

And how many western women would announce on their wedding night that they were supremely accomplished sluts?

Any woman who marries a man whose obsessive hobby is sex sex sex... well, she deserves what she gets.

No man whose hobby is sex will EVER be faithfull.

Oh, and any woman who is obsessed with sex as a hobby will never be faithful to her husband.

A slut is a slut is a slut is a slut.

15. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Is it even acceptable to have one place?

16. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

That kind of rules out the claim of Muslims that Islam is perfect?

17. Leo Volont Registered Senior Member

There is no claim in Islam that it is perfect.

Aren't you ashamed to be just making this shit up as you go along?

But the real problem with Islam is Deterministic Falatlism. that is to say that God is Omnipotent and that EVERYTHING that happens is thus necessarily the WILL OF GOD.

Well, the political effects of having a populace that widely believes in fatalisitic determinism, is that they THINK that whatever they can get away with must be the WILL OF GOD.

This DETERMINISTIC FATALISM along with everything about glorifying the SWORD leads to every problem with Islam.

Unfortunately the Koran tells all those stupid Rag Heads that Might Makes Right. They might as well be making a Prophet of George Boush.

18. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Making it up, me?

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So you personally think atheism is severely flawed?

20. Leo Volont Registered Senior Member

I know that all of you are used to a stupid and uneducated audience which is very tolerant to receiving what ever imaginary thing you choose to post.

But in the REAL WORLD it will be asked if any of it is REAL.

21. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Show us the REAL WORLD, Leo! :yay:

22. Leo Volont Registered Senior Member

This is where it begins to matter whether one is intelligent or stupid.

One can lead a horse to water but cannot make it drink.

Intelligence measures the ability of a person to predict the future from the perceived current events.

Intelligence supposes that a person can create an intellectual model of the Universe that can project into the future.

For instance, an intelligent person who is accepted for a Job and told that he will start on Monday morning, that he will show up on Monday morning. His Model of the Universe was able to put that all together for him.

But sometimes we are not asked to show up. We are not tested. And so we are allowed to persist in our own delusions and inconsistencies.

So, I can not show you the TRUTH.

But I can ask you to look at THINGS and EVENTS and project into the future what you think will be the likely consequences.

If you are delusional, then your projections will be wrong. Then you will have to realize that your thinking is dysfunctional and that perhaps you have been projecting along side the wrong premise and mind set.

So, in a few words I cannot tell you the truth of all things. Only a good education and a conscientious faculty of dicsernment can do that for you.

Oh, and here is a story. After Jesus had cured ten blind men and had given them there vision, a man came to Jesus pulling his idiot brother by the ear, and he asked Jesus to heal him. Jesus said, "I can't heal stupid".

23. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

NO, NO, NO, Leo! Tell us how you REALLY feel?