Disclosure Conclusions

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by craterchains (Norval, Oct 4, 2005.

1. phlogistician Banned Banned

OK, so it's consciousness. That ends when you die. It's a product of the brain working, like the music that comes out of a piano when it's being played. Stop playing the piano, and the music stops too.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. duendy Registered Senior Member

so, you are saying consciousness is a 'product' OF the brain?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. phlogistician Banned Banned

Yes, because if the brain is damaged, so are our cognitive abilities. If we expose the brain to chemicals, we experience different things, so I think consciousness is merely the noise that the machinery makes while it is running.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Laika Space Bitch Registered Senior Member

"consciousness is a 'product' OF the brain"

Hell yeah! I agree with that.

8. craterchains (Norval What will you know tomorrow? Registered Senior Member

Interesting words you have typed Meanwhile. Many artists have covered their great works with inferior work, not being true critics themselves.

9. duendy Registered Senior Member

whatsoever we experence we are STILL conscious. also there have been NDE cases of 'braindeath' when the person has been conscious 'out of the body'! before 'returning'.

10. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

If consciousness is merely a noise generated through normal operation of the machine then what is the operation that is causing this noise?

Thanks

c20

11. shaman_ Registered Senior Member

I assume you are talking about cases where there is no electrical activity in the brain and they still have a nde. How do we know that they didn't have the nde as the electrical activity was ceasing? ... and/or beginning again?

How are they able to confirm that the experience happened at the time that the brain was 'dead'?

12. duendy Registered Senior Member

i am presuming that experincer would be able to judge this, if they WERE conscious. also check this:
    http://members.lycos.nl/Kritisch/noactivebrain.html

13. shaman_ Registered Senior Member

But they are not conscious.

14. duendy Registered Senior Member

but they obviouly are if they say they were conscious when body seems brain dead....?,,,othewise how could they see themselves lying there etc etc, IF they were not conscious?

15. shaman_ Registered Senior Member

I think I was using 'conscious' differently to you duendy.

Anyway my question is, how are they able to tell that the experience happened at the time that they were 'brain dead' ? It could have happened before or after..

Also there is a the question of how you can see anything without light hitting your retina. hmm

16. duendy Registered Senior Member

or, how does consciousness seem to exist apart from brain?
    how do you feel about Nature being sentient?

17. shaman_ Registered Senior Member

What I am saying is that I don't think the stories of NDEs prove that the consciousness exists apart from the brain.

What do you mean by nature being sentient?

18. duendy Registered Senior Member

it means that all matter-energy has feeling. is not wat classcial and even modern science (mainstream) usually tells us. I.e., that matter-energy is blind energy with no inner awareness.
    Rather what i am exploring is that that belief is originating in a mindset which is cut off from its OWN intrinsic feeling, tus it projects tat mindset onto Nature. dead bodymind looks at dead Nature!

19. craterchains (Norval What will you know tomorrow? Registered Senior Member

It sure points out the seemingly brain dead here in this thread,,, FOCLMFAO

And, here I thought this was about Disclosure Conclusions?

20. duendy Registered Senior Member

i see....you are callin us braindead are you. charming i must say, but think on this. you are wrong, and yo reveal the signs of braindeadeness in tat you cannot see how tis would enrich a thread. rather than keep it to your strict dead linearlinesubjectmode

21. craterchains (Norval What will you know tomorrow? Registered Senior Member

Brain dead = there are no aliens.

Brain active = there are aliens.

Duendy, I thought you were of the opinion that there are aliens?

22. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

A deluded brain is an active one. Just had to point that out.

23. duendy Registered Senior Member

no, what i am exploring is that tere is propbably a diversion being manipulated by secret services--CIA etc whih WANTS people to assume that behind all strange craft an abductions are 'aliens'. and that is why CIA funds both te debunkers of tis teory and the proliferators of this theory. and that that activity would lso be commensurate with teir backing oter so-called conflicting parties..........in ote words i am trying to see patterns, and not just focus on the 'ufo issue'......

however, i also dont discount te possibility of aliens. i ws for example intrigued by the Carlos Diaz experience