Did Consciousness Cause The Big Bang?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Reiku, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

Can you explain this a bit as I would I would have thought -

'Nothing + Anything = Something which could equate to everything'

but i've only just pondered it so it's a thought of 30 minutes existance....lol
    can you explain your theory a bit more, I looked up the logic/language to be nosey about the history of the word and found this to be quite interesting...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/None

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

How can consciousness exist without time ? Explain that one..

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Oh jeez.. I must have missed this gem

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Everything must have come from nothing because it's the only causeless being.
    So this is proof that nothing is everything ? lol
    Firstly you contradict yourself here. You first said that nothing is everything, now you say that everything comes from nothing.
    Secondly, you have to proof that nothing is the only thing (lol) that is causeless.
    Thirdly, nothing is not a being because then it wouldn't be nothing.

So in the beginning nothing was all that existed, so it was everything.
    No.
    'In the beginning' signifies that there was already time.
    So in the beginning there was not nothing, there was something. This something must be everything.

And since energy can't be created or destroyed everything must have formed from nothing
    NO.
    If energy cannot be destroyed or created there always was something. This means 'nothing' is an impossibility.

so it must still be a form of nothing.
    LOL a form of nothing huh ? Logic is not really your thing is it ?

p.s. the holy trinity is: nothing/father+everything/holyspirit=anything/babyjesus. then there is also a fourth hidden being: something/devil.
    Ok...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Reiku Banned Banned

Easy. There is a subliminal time, and an external time. Consciousness can exist independantly as a subliminal reference to our experiences, whilst without one, time externally takes no real form, as in, real time experiences and measurements...

... This was the ground basis for my postulations on a Reference Theory, where the observer and the universe become entwined when a measuerement is made.

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry, but that made little sense to me.
    What it all boils down to is that you just say it is so.

9. Reiku Banned Banned

No, i base it on the fact, we sense time, and their is a time which cannot be sensed. Why is this difficult to understand?

10. Reiku Banned Banned

This is a fact of neuro-physics conclusions.

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

What's the difference ?

12. Reiku Banned Banned

The difference is, without a mind, then the time we sense, cannot pass us by.

13. Reiku Banned Banned

In fact, may not even pass anything at all. According to relativity without an observer from a QM viewpoint.

14. draqon Banned Banned

well it being pseudoscience...I do tend to agree that in future we will be the primary cause of our own doom and our own beginning.

I have faith that universe is cyclic and that we will create our own universe existence...by means unknown (perhaps sending a particle back in time to annihilate)

15. Reiku Banned Banned

Hi Draq...

...well, even though it is in the psuedo-arena... let me just say, that quantum mechanics can actually answer what you said ''well it being pseudoscience...I do tend to agree that in future we will be the primary cause of our own doom and our own beginning.'' (I'll give references if needed or wished)

So even thought one may be on the fence about a conclusion, most of us are amazed sometimes when we actually, or maybe, speaking from some actual truth as it is, as i conclude from your post.

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

But is still exists, only we're not there to know it.
    You are obviously a solipsist and you are basing your theories on that philosophy.

17. Enmos Valued Senior Member

That is nonsense. Anything can be an observer.. it doesn't have to be a human.

18. Reiku Banned Banned

I have stated i am not a complete solipsist.

I will explain later, as i need to head out for a few hours. Be patient.

19. Reiku Banned Banned

(And no... and yes. Everything is an observer to something else, but it's been proven that a conscious observer holds memory... a very pivotal fact that makes the human... a special observer)... anyway... catch you soon.

20. Yorda Registered Senior Member

it's non-being, non-existence

the world does not begin in time, time and everything begins in the present moment

have you ever thought about why energy can't be created or destroyed? it's because there is no energy to destroy, and there is no energy to create, because all energy comes from nothing and is nothing.

space is a form of nothing. when it becomes more dense, it forms into a planet/star.

solipsism is... wrong.

21. Reiku Banned Banned

Not in comparrison though, in the sense you are trying to integrate here. There is a major difference between two atoms meeting, than there is a CONSCIOUS observer measuring an atom. We value this ability we have called ''memory,'' and it may be that the universe values it as well. In fact, several theories in physics compliments this idea.

Now, a HUMAN OBSERVER, knows time passes, whilst an atom does not. So when i said:

''In fact, may not even pass anything at all. According to relativity without an observer from a QM viewpoint.''

It means everything. Relativity says that the observer senses time flow, whilst without a CONSCIOUS observer in QM, states that time is discontinuous, like flashes of single frames, where everything is frozen in time.

I refer you to, Dr Brian Greene's book, ''Frozen Lake.''