Dictatorship is an appropriate temporary step toward freedom, agree or disagree?

Discussion in 'History' started by tim840, Aug 4, 2008.

?

Dictatorship is an appropriate temporary step toward freedom, yes or no?

1. I strongly disagree

11 vote(s)
    55.0%
  2. I moderately disagree

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I slightly disagree

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I slightly agree

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  5. I moderately agree

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. I strongly agree

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

It is happening, just not all at once.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

He can't. It'd be constitutionalized
    Then what is the point of this debate?

Anyway, there can be ways of combining democratic, balancing aspects to an efficient system.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Sorry, but no he didn't, he lead his country into a disastrous war that totally crushed the economy, and destroyed the infrastructure of the country to the point that it was no longer capable of functioning.

He cause the deaths of:
    ----Total deaths-------Deaths as % of 1939 population
    -----7,293,000---------------10.47%-----------------

That is not a good leader and it doesn't show good leadership.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Ah, but he also built up that nation and economy
    It is rather unfortunate that he created the war and the holocaust, however again, he also built Germany to power in the first place.

8. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

And his country was cut up like a piece of pie amongst his enemies. His people have had to deal with tremendous shame. They were about as badly traumatized as any country AND could not really get sympathy for it. He made a large part of the worlds' population form pretty severe judgments of Germans and German culture. He convinced a lot of Germans to do things they later regretted. He intentionally killed many Germans himself, the Jewish ones and members of other groups he did not like. He supplied Hollywood with a national bad guy type - the German or Nazi. He forever tied the German accent to a bunch of rather evil sentences.

He messed up just about as badly as possible in a remarkably short time. Very few people have so singlehandedly damaged their own countries so fast.

He is perhaps the worst leader of all time.

And then there are the moral problems he had.

9. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

Very short term. He was short sighted. A poor leadership quality.
    And destroyed it.
    If someone borrows your car and drives it 300 kph and burns out the engine he cannot claim he tuned up you car before he burned it out. He destroyed his country.

10. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

He was a genius political leader, only not a great military leader. However, he also built Germany up from shambles.

He simply got carried away; he went too far. But remember, he built up Germany from the pits of depression.

Such as?

11. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

To what good, they paid more in reperations after the war than was ever produced by Hitlers Economic Build Up, a build up that was financed by Borrowing from the international community.

And then totally destroyed it, to what purpose? That is not a Good Leader, nor is it Good Leadership.

12. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

He revved Germany up on a lot of bullshit. I think the parallel to methanphetamines is a good one. In the beginning you can get a lot done, but you are damaging the body (politic) right off. After a few years of addiction the problems set in. He addicted people to a lot of racial ideas that were lies - and as a semite you probably know this - by revving the country up on these lies and fantasies he got some work done, while committing crimes and lying to Germans right from the beginning. He eradicated democracy and even though you think he was a good leader, he did exactly what Buffalo Roam and I are saying leaders will do in these situations. 'because he can't' was what many Germans thought also and they were wrong.

For a very short time at enormous social cost, even before the war.

What moral problems? Incest with his niece that led to her suicide, mass murder, suppression of freedom, destroying the legal system, lying, megalomanic control of his colleagues and underlings, murder, theft, destruction of the free press...
    the list is rather endless.

13. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

He brought Germany from poverty to power; that makes a great leader. Perhaps we was corrupt, but we can make a way to fight corruption without sacrificing efficiency.

From a certain point of view