Destruction of Conglomerates

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by lixluke, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Light Registered Senior Member

Yes, I could tell you some very effective ways to do what you want but I'm not about to. Why? Because helping your "cause" would be insane.

It's clear that you haven't got the slightest idea of how things must work! For one thing, without the big businesses there would be NO research, no improvement in products, no new medications, never a cure for cancer, HIV & AIDS and thousands of other things that have improved life and the standard of living for everyone.

And you say "take from the corporations and give to the poor? How utterly dumb! Do you actually know who owns the corporations? Yes, many rich people own stock but the vast majority of the corporations are owned by plain, ordinary citizens. A lot of it is owned by pension and trust funds that were established to support people after they become too old to work. Do you want to make them penniless?

Now let's talk about your "poor" that you seem to be trying so hard to be the champion of and for. Do you really know why most of them are poor? It has nothing to do with "oppression" as you so blindly claim. The reason can be summed up in these three things: stupidity, laziness, and an unwillingness to manage their money. An individual person's problems result from one, two or a combination of all three. They waste what money they have on things that do not advance their situation and don't bother trying to save anything. Look at all the "Rent To Own" places. Who keeps them in business? People who pay $35/week to rent a BIG expensive TV (which if they actually finished paying for would have cost four times it's retail price anywhere else) that they keep for a few months - and then it's repossessed. Then it's rented to a different idiot. But that's what they want - rather than saving and buying an ordinary TV like most of us have.

You are MUCH too quick to blame big business for causing people to be poor. But the real truth is that it is the poor themselves that make themselves poor.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. devils_reject Registered Senior Member

Anyway corporations are greedy butt holes too. I mean look at Wal-Mart, they move into vicinity and all mom and pop stores are in jeopardy. And saying people are poor because they deserve it is pushing it, and I know you know better so I am not even going to go into that. Yes corporations cause people to be poor because unless you have inflation corporations decrease the amount of money in circulation, they don't necessarily make you poor but they certainly won't make you rich either. A far example of this is the first world and third world nations. Oh yeah poor people spend because they want to be happy, you will do the same if you have to put up with a lot of shit day in day out, which is the sole reason why illegal drugs in it's varieties are in demand. Have you heard of Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the former president of the United Arab Emirates and ruler of Abu-Dhabi. If you see his palace, let’s just say....Buckingham palace in England looks like a servant's quarters. They are many other rich oil tycoons in the Middle East who live very opulently, that’s good for them as I have no problem with it. Some of them have good heads on their shoulders while some just don't give a hoot, others...well plan terrorist attacks on the West in the name of greed. However the issue is that all this vast wealth can be reinvested into societal welfare if we establish quotas on how much a corporation can have in assets at any given time, but who's going to even bother with such ludicrous initiatives? Certainly not me either...sorry coolskill. There is no doubt in my mind and place that we need a little communism, maybe that will even...I don't know! Stop the wars and oppressions everywhere perhaps. But like I said man never gave a fuck about attaining balance with nature so who's to say he will with his friends. Ideally the rich need the poor more than the poor need the rich if you excuse me by taking a second look at economics carefully, but it is the white collar that takes home much of the cake. Between the two harlots the white collar guy works the least, if you have ever worked hard labor you know what I am talking about, which is compounded by how much you get at the end of the two weeks. Moreover white collar guys fuck up and its all laws, dribbles, and spins, the clue collar fucks up and he is shown the door or jailed immediately. Economics is like nature everybody plays their part equally but like nature will have it not every ass wipe is equally rewarded. That to me is the beauty of it all.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Light Registered Senior Member

Hold it right there!!!! I never ever said the poor deserve it! Talk about trying to twist someone's words - sheesh!

I said they were poor because they MAKE themselves stay poor. And I don't give a hoot for your argument that they buy drugs because they "want" things and are trying to escape their misery (that's the way I took that, sorry if I got it wrong). All they accomplish by buying drugs and the other stuff I talked about is KEEPING themselves poor! Can you not see that? And that's precisely why I say they are doing it to themselves.

There are some that are really trying, and I give them full credit. But far too many of them just blow away their money.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kmguru Staff Member

No one MAKES themselves poor. It is same as saying it is your fault it is raining. Humans live is a society to take care of each other. Otherwise what is the function of a family, a state or a country? If everyone is out for themselves like animals then why have a country and rules to live by?

8. devils_reject Registered Senior Member

And you think corporations don't do the same? May we mention the lavish parties, the opulent housing, the enormous bonuses, the jet flying and island buying transactions, e.t.c. A CEO in New York once recently made a huge purchase of a forty million dollar apartment in NY...yes apartment. Everybody has a point here, no need for further arguments. And besides not everybody has the capacity to think like an empire owner, which is why we should look out for our friends. This is what coolskil is basicaly saying.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2005
  9. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Really, all a family or country is can be thought of as a circling of the wagons. There are lots of people and groups out there who would eat you alive if given the chance so your only chance is to cluster together and hope they go after easier targets. Then they get more men and you need an even bigger circle to stay alive. It doesn't matter if you hate the guts of the man next to you, you need him. Every living man on your side bearing a gun increases your chance of seeing the morning by a small fraction. When things change, you might be back to being enemies in a second.

This is the basis for all civilization. This is all that separates us from animals.
    We play the same game as them. Only we are better at it.

10. devils_reject Registered Senior Member

well spoken. like my mate at work. I don't think he really likes the job but he sure makes life easier for me

11. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I'm not so sure that it even separates us from the animals, Clockwood. Most herd animals, if not all animals, do exactly the same thing ....circle the herd, protect the "women and children" until the threat is over. Then the males go right back to fighting with each other to see which ones get to breed with the females!!

Every time I see something about how "human" we are, I'm always drawn to see those correlations in the animal kingdom. We just ain't so far removed as we like to think we are.

Baron Max

12. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

I freely accept and embrace that we are still animals. I just think we have a little bit tacked on top for good measure. Animals react. We plan, scheme, and innovate. Each time man or mankind faces something, we come away in some way better. We learn new tricks, better way to make our circles, ways to slip our way into bigger and better circles. Eventually, if skill and luck are enough, perhaps even to run your own circle.

Like I said: We play the same game as them. Only we are better at it.

13. Light Registered Senior Member

Wow! All I can say is that you must know little about people and pay even less attention than most to what is going on around you.

What about the millions of individuals and families that have gone into bankruptcy primarily through credit card spending? did the companies force them to buy all that stuff - or did they want it themselves and DO it to themselves?

As to humans taking care of each other, that's only to a very limited degree and, as such, has little bearing on what I'm trying to get you to realize.

14. devils_reject Registered Senior Member

Light

I don't know but this is one of the funniest light's post I ever read. Its the "hold it right there" that really made me laugh. It just sounds....Funny. I like most of your posts and that one was nice too.

15. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

How “must” things work?
    Says who?
    Must there be poverty?
    Must there be rich and poor?
    Must there be people living in desperation while few get to enjoy luxury?
    How would you say things "must" work?

With no big business, there would be none of these things?
    Proof?
    Big business exhaust resources to create waste.
    If all this tons of wasted resources could be used for real progress, we would not have all these problems.
    What makes you think that we would not have more and better improvements without big businesses?

What exactly is your indication of a successful economy?
    An economy where desperation is minimized or maximized?

Of course. That is the whole objective. They are the enemy. The rich are the enemy.
    In one way or another, we are forced to support the rich.
    We really have no choice.
    Either work for them, invest in their stocks, and use their products. Or live in the jungle.
    You consider this freedom?
    We do not have the choice.

You do not think the system ensures that poverty exists?
    You believe that the system allows for every single person to live a rich abundant lifestyle as long as they take it?
    Why are they stupid, lazy, and unwilling to manage their money?
    Are you stating that people are not being manipulated by the media?
    You do not think that these big businesses are competing to be the one to take the money of the poor?

As far as I am aware, big businesses oppress the poor in many ways to keep them poor.
    You do not think that people are being oppressed?
    Do you think people are being nurtured and well taken care of?

Is it OK for big businesses to take advantage of people?
    Is it OK for big businesses to manipulate the law so that they win in any legal dispute?
    What is your view of independence?
    Do you think being dependent on big businesses is how we should live our lives?
    We should depend on big businesses for jobs, products, services, technology, and everything short of the air we breathe?

Should we be thanking the corporations and the rich? How is that different from the slave thanking his master? Thanks for letting me do all of your work

while you give me barely enough to live on. And thanks for taking advantage of my stifled environment to ensure that I lack the education/intelligence that

should prevent you from manipulating me into giving you all my money for your worthless products.

Do you believe it is not possible for everybody to live abundant lifestyles?
    Do you believe that no matter what, there will always be somebody in poverty?

If people are stupid and lazy, would they not be more intelligent and active if they were exposed to more freedom and better lifestyles?
    Babies who are in a nurturing environment where they can learn and grow will be physically and emotionally healthier in later life than children who live in

stifled environments.
    Or is this science fiction?

Good idea.
    We should have our own currency too.

16. Light Registered Senior Member

CoolSkill, you obviously have about as much understanding of how society functions as a 9-year-old kid who advocates anarchy as the "best way."

Why don't you climb on top of a very tall mountain and scream your ideas at the rocks and trees? You'll get a much better response from them than you'll ever get from people - who can actually think and reason.

17. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Geez, I don't know ....I think most 9-yr old kids have a better grasp of it than Cool Skill, don't you?

Now as to fantasies and dreamworlds, Cool Skill might surpass a 9-yr old!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

18. Light Registered Senior Member

Agreed. That would be a major fantasy for sure.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

You have yet to answer the questions. Trollish comments show you know nothing.

20. Light Registered Senior Member

Yes, I actually know quite a bit, thank you.

If you'll limit yourself to asking a maximum of three questions at one time, I'll make a serious attempt to address them. But I'm not even going to bother if you toss out something like 50 at once like you did a few post back. It's impossible to carry on a clear dialog with a volume that large all at one time.

21. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

1. Must there be poverty? Is poverty/desperation inevitable? Why? Is human nature a factor, and if so, what is your opinion of human nature?

The objective in city design is usually to design a society that utilizes the earth's abundant resources in a way that nurtures the individual and noursihes the environment in a way that will allow it to renew itself. The key to understanding city design is understanding the individual. It is only natural that the more happier, healthier, and well adjusted the individual is, the less problems will be in the city. Dealing with problems places a burden on the city as a whole. Problems cause the city to expend resources. A competent city is able to avoid unecessary problems with proper planning and organization. In understanding the individual, there are various factors that are known to contribute to health/well being.

The antithesis of this theory is the idea of the deprivation of the individual. As such, these theories state that if you provide for the indidivual, they will be in fact less productive. Therefore, it is impossible for a city to function in a way that nurtures the individual. Because of human nature, so to speak, the individual that is provided with a high level of well being would be less productive due to lack of the incentive of desperation.

Freedom is a relationship between access and obligation.
    Obligation and access are on opposite sides of a scale.
    Therefore, as you move towards the "access" end, you are at the same time moving away from the "obligation" end. Therefore, your level of freedom is increasing. In the same way, your level of freedom decreases as you move towards the obligation end of the scale. This is where oppression comes in.

Is it unreasonable to feel as if society is taking advantage of you? Does the individual have any sort of obligation to society? If so what is the individual's obligation? Should the individual have the choice of whether or not to support a society without obligation? What if the individual feels that society is taking advantage of him? Should the individual retaliate against the society instead of support it?

Superman is more powerful than a normal person. Therefore, Superman feels it he must watch that he does not use is superior powers in a way that would hurt others. The rich have more power than the poor in terms of money, ability, and influence.

Does the fact that somebody worked hard to obtain a certain level of power necessarily mean that they are well capable of handling it without hurting anybody? If Superman would use his power to hurt another person, should we hold that person responsible for their plight? If a rich corporation hurts a poor person (whether knowingly or unknowingly), who is at fault? Are there enough legal restrainst to prevent the rich from abusing their power/influence? What is preventing the rich from manipulating these legal restrainst to get away with hurint the poor?

22. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Oh, god, Cool Skill, it's a wonder to me that anyone responds to you at all!?? Ye're so fuckin' idealistic that nothing would satisfy you short of absolute perfection. You live in such a fantasy world, such a dream world, that talking to you is an effort in self control.

Baron Max

23. Light Registered Senior Member

Absolutely. That's a given. Why? The reason is simple - because people are people. It is a very basic part of human nature to attempt to get the most of anything it can while exerting itself as little as possible. And it gives no consideration as to whether or not that causes harm or discomfort to others. It also explains, in part, why some become rich and others stay poor. But there are other factors as well - things like ambition and laziness that also come into play. Along with intelligence and the lack of intelligence. Your nice, idealistic ideas will never remove those elements.

And if you will really, really think about that for a few minutes you will find that it answers ALL the questions you have posed here.

The objective in city design is usually to design a society that utilizes the earth's abundant resources in a way that nurtures the individual and noursihes the environment in a way that will allow it to renew itself. The key to understanding city design is understanding the individual. It is only natural that the more happier, healthier, and well adjusted the individual is, the less problems will be in the city. Dealing with problems places a burden on the city as a whole. Problems cause the city to expend resources. A competent city is able to avoid unecessary problems with proper planning and organization. In understanding the individual, there are various factors that are known to contribute to health/well being.

The antithesis of this theory is the idea of the deprivation of the individual. As such, these theories state that if you provide for the indidivual, they will be in fact less productive. Therefore, it is impossible for a city to function in a way that nurtures the individual. Because of human nature, so to speak, the individual that is provided with a high level of well being would be less productive due to lack of the incentive of desperation.

Freedom is a relationship between access and obligation.
    Obligation and access are on opposite sides of a scale.
    Therefore, as you move towards the "access" end, you are at the same time moving away from the "obligation" end. Therefore, your level of freedom is increasing. In the same way, your level of freedom decreases as you move towards the obligation end of the scale. This is where oppression comes in.

Is it unreasonable to feel as if society is taking advantage of you? Does the individual have any sort of obligation to society? If so what is the individual's obligation? Should the individual have the choice of whether or not to support a society without obligation? What if the individual feels that society is taking advantage of him? Should the individual retaliate against the society instead of support it?

Superman is more powerful than a normal person. Therefore, Superman feels it he must watch that he does not use is superior powers in a way that would hurt others. The rich have more power than the poor in terms of money, ability, and influence.

Does the fact that somebody worked hard to obtain a certain level of power necessarily mean that they are well capable of handling it without hurting anybody? If Superman would use his power to hurt another person, should we hold that person responsible for their plight? If a rich corporation hurts a poor person (whether knowingly or unknowingly), who is at fault? Are there enough legal restrainst to prevent the rich from abusing their power/influence? What is preventing the rich from manipulating these legal restrainst to get away with hurint the poor?[/QUOTE]