Democratic Candidates for 2020

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bowser, May 16, 2019.

1. Bowser Right Here, Right Now Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mathman Valued Senior Member

I don't live in Iowa, so I'm going to wait until then to start sorting them out. There are too many and I never heard of many of them before now.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat Venued Serial Membership Valued Senior Member

I like Warren, Sanders, or whoever wins the primary.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat Venued Serial Membership Valued Senior Member

I hope it's not Biden. We need a detour away from the GOP, not a speed bump.

8. wegs Matter & Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Andrew Yang

9. sculptor Valued Senior Member

<-----will caucus for Tulsi Gabbard

10. sculptor Valued Senior Member

betting
    The odds makers are giving Trump a 3:2 advantage no matter who runs against him.

a neighbor couple who are very republican occasionally register for the democratic caucus
    my brother suspects that they do this to caucus for someone who they think cannot win

I often caucus for someone espousing a position I like, even though they most likely cannot win the primary
    I do this in hopes that this will encourage a broader acceptance and espousal of the position

11. spidergoat Venued Serial Membership Valued Senior Member

Conservatives will try their sabotage, including allowing Russians to participate, but tRump is a loser who can't win except by cheating. Democrats can win on the issues.

12. origin In a democracy you deserve the leaders you elect. Valued Senior Member

My absolute favorite candidate is the one who ends up running against Trump.

sideshowbob and pjdude1219 like this.
  13. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

what did biden say about alex ?

i cant see biden living out of a tour bus and a suitcase non stop for around 3 to 4 years

how many years did trump have to spend paying his own 5 star country club fees with working class poor taxes to recover from his campaign trail of 1 year ?
    quite a lot !

ortega is the only choice even though americans hate women ... alabama it must be good for something...

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  14. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

i dont know him but he appears very statesman like.
    im guessing it wasn't anything nasty, it flashed on the news a few days ago and i missed it.

15. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

typo

16. iceaura Valued Senior Member

For the job: executive experience, a firm grasp of the reality of the Republican Party and media ("progressive" values and agenda fall out of that automatically).
    For the campaign: plain spoken, an appearance (as well as a reality) of competence (doesn't move their head when speaking, for example).
    For strategical reasons: prefer not to lose a Senator.

Problem is, Warren has the strongest claim.
    But there's a long time before any of this matters.

17. mathman Valued Senior Member

Gillibrand seems to have a problem gaining traction. She appears to be the weakest candidate among the senators running.

18. Beaconator Registered Senior Member

If you elect a democratic candidate for a republic position are they still democratic?