Democracy is not freedom

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Norsefire, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Democracy - rule by the people
    Anarchy - without rulers

Anarchy is the only freedom. Not collectivist anarchism (which is a replacement of the state; you can't force someone to be equal, they must make the choice themselves)

Capitalism isn't compatible with government. Free market anarchism is the only system where you can -

- choose your own lifestyle
    - work for yourself and those you voluntarily wish to aid

And, in free market anarchism you can live in an "equal" and sharing community if that is your desire, as it is your property, or the property collectively owned by that group.

Property allows for me to establish my own rules on my property without violating your ability to do the same.

If it is your wish for an equal community where services are freely available, the free market allows for this, but you must do the work; but you cannot be forced to be equal. This isn't freedom and this is why left anarchism isn't anarchism.

Free market anarchism allows for free association

What is selfishness?
    It doesn't mean keeping only for yourself. It only means doing what you think you should do....

...if you think you should aid others, then you are able to under capitalism, voluntarily. Selfishness is simply living according to your own free thinking mind. If your wish is to help others, you can pursue this interest.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

anarchy is like a 0, lack of any laws and rules. Want to live by anarchy? you can't. Its impossible. Unless death comes.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Of course it is possible! Anarchy is natural; this is the basis of social darwinism. I do not deny the dangers, but it is natural.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

natural is what lives on. see any anarchists around?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

no? so don't I. Its def. unnatural for anarchism to exist.

8. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

And what happens when people start to rape, murder, or decide that a certain group are inferior because of skin colour or language, and deny them their rights?

9. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

The victims fight back, as they should.

And there are no "rights" in anarchy, it's up to YOU to ensure your freedom.

That is natural, though: social darwinism.

10. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

And when there are 8 enemies and only one of you?

11. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

It's unfortunate, but there is nothing that can be done about it. Are you willing to sell your freedom for protection?

12. Clucky Registered Senior Member

So you claim this warped anarchy perspective is the way to go, but also claim that the military, an organization used to fight for the views of a certain group is fundementally wrong? Your two views are incompatible.

You know, Darwinism was not meant to be employed in the eugenicist fashion.

P.S: I AM willing to trade some freedoms for protection. The fact that I don't rape, pillage and murder, means that I can function as a member of society, and hopefully, be protected from people who do.

13. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

I think you get it backwards. The more mature a system is, the more rule it has, and the stable it becomes. Just compare undeveloped countries vs developing countries vs developed countries. Which ones have more rules? Which ones more prosperous (as a whole)? Which ones ensure more freedom?

14. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Then obviously, you weren't "meant" to survive.

15. Clucky Registered Senior Member

You know, I'd really hate to live in his militarized, murderous, disordered zone of pillaging, rape and death. I think I'd rather trade off ultimate freedom and live in a democracy, where people have opportunity, protection and stable communities in which to live.

16. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I have not sold my freedom for protection, unless you want to count my freedom to punch stupid people in the face.

Your kind of society would degenerate to the point that only the biggest most aggressive gangs would survive. Just how free is that?

Say a gang of mindless thugs murder a scientist who knew how to make a cure for AIDS. That's ok, according to you?

17. Clucky Registered Senior Member

Although he claims this is Darwinism, for me, it seems to be backwards-evolution.

18. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

No, you forget about property. This is the saving grace. Property allows me to live how I please without harming your life choices.

Property.

19. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

I think you're being over-generous: it's pure nonsense.

20. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

What property?

21. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

And when a gang invades your property, beats the shit out of you and rapes your girlfriend/wife, what are you going to do then about preserving your freedom????

22. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Private police

23. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

And where is every single citizen in this place going to get the resources to form their own private police force??