Daughter's Cheap & Easy to make Pie

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Orleander, Jan 10, 2010.

1. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

That 1 has a nice big window to see the bread... those people mite have got it for Chrismus an didnt even want to make bread... lol... or sombody tryed makin bread a couple of times an it didnt turn out rite an said the hell wit it.!!!

Yes i like doin that.!!!
    The recipie i used contaned a total of 4 cps "flour":::

1 cp flax seed flour

2 3/4 cps hole wheet flour

1/4 cp vital wheet gluten

1 Tbls honey

3/4 tsp salt

2 tsp yeast

1 cp yogert plus about 1 cp water

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kira Valued Senior Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Orleander should be a pro at making SPONGE cake...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Yeah there loss, my gain.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

there loss...

What does a bread machine do? Does it mix the dough for you, or does it just cook it?
    I just make bread in the oven like the old days.

8. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Well... you put the ingredements in the pan an aboout 3 1/2 houres later its time to eat bread.!!!

9. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

But do you just throw eggs and flour in, or do you have to mix them up and combine with your hands and whatnot before throwing it in the pan?

10. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I dont know of any recipie that calls for pre-mixin ingrediments befor puttin 'em in the pan :shrug:

I make cinnamon rolls that call for egges an i jus dump 'em in the pan wit everthang else.!!!

I dont measure real carefully so i do check the doe as its mixin an kneedin an add som mor flour or liquid as necesary... an when the doe has the corect consistency it will be needed perfectly.!!!

When the bread is on the second rise... i poke the doe an determine if i want it to rize som mor or to start bakin it soomer than the machine program calls for... but if you have a known good recipie an measure very carefully you can put it all in the pan an hit the start button an forget about it until its done an ready to eat.!!!

I make 2 loafs a week an i dont miss kneedin by hand an all the mess that goes wit it... but even wit a bread machine you can make adjustments along the way for a mor perfect loaf... an also wit a machine... if you dont know very much about makin bread you wont know how to troubleshoot prollems an can easily make bricks or loafs that cave in at the top... lol.!!!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  11. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

That sounds really cool. Maybe I should get me one of these bread machines.

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

you can buy bread mixes. some for $8.99 (or less) a 2 pack. They are in the baking aisle of my local grocery

I'm too cheap to buy the machine so when I make bread, its the old fashioned way.

13. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

I don't like bread mixes, I normally have all the ingredients in my house.

14. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Som bread makers say they woudnt use a bread machine cause they want full control... well i still have full control... i jus skip much of the mess an all the work of kneedin the doe.!!!

Note:::
    My bread machine allows you to start the bake cycle manualy (if you want to)... an i almos always over-ride the machine program an start the bake cycle when i choose.!!!

The only thang i have agans bread machines is buyin an espensive replacement pan when the bearin wares out... the las pan an paddle i bout was $30... so insted of buyin anuther pan i now kneed my doe in a Kitchen Aid mixer an bake the bread in the bread machine... when the heatin element wares out in the bread machine i will then bake my bread in regular pans in the stove oven.!!!

Early on i tryed a couple of bread mixes an they were good... but its quite a bit cheeper to buy you'r own ingrediments.!!!

I buy yeast in bulk for 50 cents a ounce... an Bronze Chief hole wheet flour (my favort) for $3.89 for 5 lbs... ect.!!!

15. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Made bread once...tasted good..., but too much work. Cooking exhausts me. The easier and quicker the better.

16. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Why buy a mix?

All most recipes call for is flour, a pinch of salt, water, yeast, egg for a basic bread. They you can add seeds, raisins, garlic, spices whatever to that.

The bread machine basically does everything for you.
    You put all wet ingredients first.
    Then the dry ingredients. Pile it up in the middle to make a well for the yeast that gets added last. They say that is the most important thing.
    Do not let the yeast touch the water.
    Press your settings and wait...............
    They have basic loaves that take 3 hours and express bake that take 80mins.
    The longer you bake the fluffier the bread.

17. Ahem embrace simplicity Registered Senior Member

Bridgford frozen yeast bread dough
    :wave:

18. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I agree!!! They even have sweet dough for cinnamon rolls.

If I had a bread maker, I'd buy the mixes. I buy cake mixes after all. Its just how I roll.

I make cookies from scratch though. String has some really good cookie recipes.

19. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Ive had frozen yeast bread dough... grate tastin an perfect bread ever time.!!!