Dartmoor Beast Identified As New Species Of European Giant Hyrax?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by common_sense_seeker, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Don't be silly!
    Everybody knows the talking ones are actually giant flying rays in disguise.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

The idea of something else talking does go against mankind's claim to superiority but research has shown that dolphins 'talk' to one another by using individual names just like humans do. It's a stretch of the imagination even for myself that a dogman could actually talk english learnt from humans, but they would have the vocal capacity to do so in theory. Take a look at the evidence here Talking Rock Hyrax

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

"This three-toed footprint was found between Chama and Dulce in New Mexico on October 26, 2010. We also saw a bright glowing light moving strangely in the sky to the West, most evenings, but we regrettably did not get any pictures."

P.S Take a close look to the right hand side of the print. It looks as though there is another smaller three-toed print inside the larger one. I suggest a young one is walking in the footfalls of it's parents to conceal it's identity.

Last edited: May 21, 2011
  8. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

Here's three-toed prints on You-Tube:

(i) three toed print

(ii) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmoCeSxsnaQ&NR=1]More Footprints With 3 (Three) Toes
    Once again, two days after we noticed the first 3-toed track, we looked out the window and saw an entire set of 3-toed tracks. The first print was at the base of a tree, with no other tracks around. These start at the deck and lead to the base of a nearby tree, where they end. Any insight is appreci

(iii) Footprint With 3 (Three) Toes
    Video of a footprint with 3 toes. Besides a sloth, various birds like a Heron (and the Chupacabra : ) I do not know of any animals with three toes. If anyone has any idea what this is from, please drop me a line or post a video response. If you see my other posts, you'll realize this is no hoax.

(iV) unidentified animal tracks
    Filmed these tracks while in mammoth moutains in 2004. I deleted part of the camcorder footage by mistake which clearly showed how far apart the tracks were. I couldnt jump from one to the other!

(v) Alien Footprints In the Snow?
    This video was taken January 27, 2009 - Dixon, Missouri - 8:30 pm. The shape of these footprints are 3 toed with a high arch and a crooked heel. They measure 4-1/2 to 5 feet apart in stride.

9. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

Here's one which identical to the Australian track shown earlier:

Photo of three-toed print

10. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

Vietnam as well, May7 2011:

11. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

also known as "dogs"

12. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

Are you saying that local rural people are idiots when it comes to identifying wildlife or is it something against the Vietnamise in particular??

13. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

nope - but neither am I starting with an a-priori assumption that they must familiar with every canine phenotype and all local wildlife and using that to jump to the conculsion that it must be a cryptid.

until something other than anecdotal evidence is put forward, occams razor suggests that if it looks like a dog its probably a dog

14. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

Dogs of Darkness

Dogs of Darkness

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

North Carolina again (9/7/2009)

16. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

THE LEGEND OF THE LEYLAND CAT CREATURE AND THE BEAST OF BUCKSHAW VILLAGE. The thing is, It couldn't have been a big cat. It would have to walk on it's hind legs whilst carrying the stone block. The "large eyes" are also a give away as well as the all black colouring. It fits the black dog phenomenon, which is reported to move with a feline grace a.k.a giant hyrax imo

http://www.leylandguardian.co.uk/news/local/beast_of_buckshaw_caught_on_film_1_2012565

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  17. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

As I am sure you know the rock hyrax is rather closely related to elephants. So for that reason I think the LLC and the BBV are probably very small, agile elephans that have lost there trunks. My guess is that they have also developed opposible thumbs and are tree duelling - which would explain why they are not regularly seen or found. In all probability they also hibernate which again indicates why they are not seen in the winter much. They have been around for a while which means they have a breeding population. They are probably egg layers. The female will leave her on the bark of hawthorn trees around 20 ft up and the male will fertilize them at his leisure. The pupa probably burrow into the tree and after several years metamorphose into adults. That accounts for the high number of hollow trees in the area.

It all fits so perfectly.

18. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

The Deerman sightings have led to this similarity in the "red eye" description

19. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

20. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  21. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Man-bear-pig sighted in South Park

22. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

The Giant Hyrax hypothesis can also explain the mermaid myths of legend!

Eureka! The Giant Hyrax hypothesis can also explain the mermaid myths of legend!

23. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

So giant hyraxes look like half human, half fish? You're so funny CSS...you see GH everywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.