Daily quotations/thoughts

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Lykan, Aug 5, 2002.

1. EvilPoet I am what I am Registered Senior Member

"False face must hide what the false heart doth know."
    -Shakespeare

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lykan Golden Sparkler Registered Senior Member

"See with your heart what your eyes cannot, and you will find the door that is not." - Patricia A. McKillip

"So he yielded to it, standing motionless in the night, knowing it was illusion, and that the acceptance of it, like the acceptance of the impossible, was the only way beyond it." - Patricia A. McKillip

"For every doorless tower there is a riddle to open the door." - Patricia A. McKillip

"Be still like a mountain and flow like a great river." - Lao Tzu

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lykan Golden Sparkler Registered Senior Member

"What other people think of you says more about them than it does about you." - Anonymous

"What's real lives forever." - Wendy Pini

"Those who think as immortals are free from fear." - Wendy Pini

"It is in deep solitude that I find the gentleness with which I can truly love my brothers. The more solitary I am the more affection I have for them... Solitude and silence teach me to love my brothers for what they are, not for what they say." - Thomas Merton

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EvilPoet I am what I am Registered Senior Member

"It's never too late to be what you might have been."
    -George Eliot

8. Lykan Golden Sparkler Registered Senior Member

"If the world hates you, realize that it hated me first." - Jesus ... (John 15:18)

9. EvilPoet I am what I am Registered Senior Member

"War is not a true adventure. It is a mere ersatz. Where ties are established, where problems are set, where creation is stimulated—there you have adventure. But there is no adventure in heads-or-tails, in betting that the toss will come out of life or death. War is not an adventure. It is a disease. It is like typhus. -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

"There lies before us, if we choose, continued progress in happiness, knowledge, and wisdom. Shall we, instead, choose death, because we cannot forget our quarrels? We appeal, as human beings, to human beings: Remember your humanity and forget the rest." -Albert Einstein

10. stray dog Registered Senior Member

"A man should be careful not to raise the anger of a woman,
    because he has to sleep sometimes, and with his eyes closed."

-Ancient Chinese Proverb

11. EvilPoet I am what I am Registered Senior Member

"IDIOT, n. A member of a large and powerful tribe whose influence in human affairs has always been dominant and controlling. The Idiot's activity is not confined to any special field of thought or action, but "pervades and regulates the whole." He has the last word in everything; his decision is unappealable. He sets the fashions and opinion of taste, dictates the limitations of speech and circumscribes conduct with a dead-line."
    -The Devil's Dictionary

"War, n. A time tested political tactic guaranteed to raise an incumbent president's popularity rating by at least 30 points. It is especially useful during election years and economic downturns." -The American Heretic's Dictionary

12. JimMik Registered Member

"The world's greatest rapper is a white guy,
    the worlds greatest golfer is a black guy, and germany doesn't want to go to war. Damn have the World Changed

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.unexplainable.net
    Your portal to UFO"S and Paranormalrld changed

13. hazy_cosmic_jive Registered Member

best quote ever

Someone once asked comedian W.C. Fields if he would like to play a game of tenis, to which Fields responded:
    "When I want to play with a prick, I'll play with my own."

14. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Life is scribbling and scratching and half finished pages at dawn. If anything, I've learned you can't always go home... you can't always be warm inside. That without love, we're never more than strangers in paradise.

15. EvilPoet I am what I am Registered Senior Member

"Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much...the wheel, New York, wars, and so on, whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely the dolphins believed themselves to be more intelligent than man for precisely the same reasons." -Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

16. EvilPoet I am what I am Registered Senior Member

"Time is the longest distance between two places."
    -Tennessee Williams, The Glass Menagerie

17. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

"Wherever I go, there I am." - Socrates

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

funny but true

"God gave man a brain and a penis, but only enough blood to work one at a time." Robin Williams

19. EvilPoet I am what I am Registered Senior Member

"What drivel it all is!... A string of words called religion. Another string of words called philosophy. Half a dozen other strings called political ideals. And all the words either ambiguous or meaningless. And people getting so excited about them they’ll murder their neighbours for using a word they don’t happen to like. A word that probably doesn’t mean as much as a good belch. Just a noise without even the excuse of gas on the stomach." -Aldous Huxley

20. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

"On the first day, I gave up my vices; and on the second, I killed myself for my life became someoneelse's, my goals became someoneelse's, I lived for my neighbour and he lived for me but he did not live for what I had lived--my vices"

"If money is a vice, then must poverty be a virtue? If it is then I choose the vices"

"You make a poor foul an outcast for a natural act like pillowing, but when two converts behave unnaturally--yes, even treacherously--when I seek your help, urgent help---and I'm your friend---you only make 'suggestions'. You understand the seriousness of this, neh?"---Toranaga, from Shogun.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."--Lord Action

"Surely, you've seen through that particular stupidity. I mean the one that claims the pig is the symbol of love for humanity----the creature that accepts anything. As a matter of fact, the person who loves everybody and feels at home everywhere is the true hater of mankind. He expects nothing of men, so no form of depravity can outrage him"----Wynard, from The Fountainhead

“The essence of every great man is his ability to lie”.

"True rage cannot be destroyed, merely stored or released. True rage cannot be released at the time when the event causing the rage occurs, for the feeling of rage takes time to be digested. Your brain in the first moments of rage protects itself. It builds fences around itself to protect its well-being—your sanity. After the emotion is digested, and always after the event, your limitations and insecurities take hold. Then you feel overwhelmed, worthless, vapid, and unable to fully react. So you store the rage, and it builds up. After a while, you build enough of this rage to overwhelm the fences of your brain and then you wait for the spark. It is almost palpable when the rage has built up enough for the brain’s defenses. Everything suddenly feels translucent and clear. You sneer, you invite the spark and yet deep down you whittle at the thought of the explosion of the rage. You are still confused, you are still overwhelmed, but you have power. " --- Me; from my novel-- wait for it in 1.5 years

:m:

21. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

"If you expect nothing, you expect too much"

unknown

22. ben nevis Registered Senior Member

Never give a walking stick to a lame donkey. Ben Nevis.

23. EvilPoet I am what I am Registered Senior Member

"They say that dreams are only real as long as they last.
    Couldn't you say the same thing about life?" -Waking Life