Crop Circles and Other Lies

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Lifemare, Feb 6, 2000.

1. Tony H2o Registered Senior Member

... And i'm sorry to say i'm not high on life, if i have to be high on anything i guess i'm high on death... i shouldn't have brought this to the conversation (not only is it too depressing it's also too damn deep in me to be brought out without anestesia) but i guess i'll have to explain myself better, won't i?
    oh well... let's get personal!
    Don't you ever get the feeling that all that keep's you going is te fact that you know you can die at any point of your life... all the people i know that are high on life end up agreeing with me on this, after i pushed them hard into them selves. Because deep down they know they are high on life just because they're so desperate to live, desperate to forget about endings and about anything else that can distract them from live!
    hey... forget it! This is going nowere! Sorry to have brought it up!

Keep smiling!
    Lifemerry[/B][/QUOTE]

Lifemare, I've been there.

Essentially your saying that people are high on life because they know they will die. People don't want to face it so they live hard and fast high on life. The thinking is lifes short live hard, die young.

My thinking is lifes long, and after death life goes on. Other posts like Dreams and Visions will explain my postion better. But in a nut shell I'm high on life because I've got eternal life, eternal love and an eternal home with the creator of it all. Man alive who wouldn't be stoked at that!! It gives me a buzz, it charges me up, it makes me sing at the top of my lungs and way outta tune but who cares?? I love the life that I've been given and the one who gave it to me. I love the shear enormity of it all, you know standing at the top of a mountain, or surfing down the face of a 15 foot wave, or glancing into an infinite universe, or exploring a world beneath the waves, or watching a bird make a nest or ants and bugs doing their things or rain drops falling and lightning cracking (that really gives me an amp up)or a baby take that first step or say its first words or learning from an older persons wisdom or sampling the cultural diversity of the human race. We are blessed beyond belief, we always seem to look for the great and marvellous but overlook the shear magnitude of what's going on around here. It helps me to know that we are not the centre of the universe, that God the great I AM that I profess has made something beyond our comprehension and at the same time is so interested in me as an individual that He knows every hair on my head, every atom, every molecule, every cell. Mind blowing stuff that gives you a big happy.

High on life!

But hey I'm much the same as most. I get down on destruction, I get saddened by the lonlieness I see in peoples faces, by the fear in their eyes by the venom and bitterness in a voice by the wanton destruction and waste of the human race by the loss of a precious little life in a third world country by selfserving and missleading politicians by corporate greed by the A bomb by the natural disasters by wars and famine by abuse and neglect by rape and murder by all this and more. It makes for a big sad.

We are human without the changes and fluxes in our emotions we would be computers. Hey Boris, I chuckle too I also cry and laugh, get angry and sad. It seems we always want to measure things to prove yes or no, to meet our intellectual need for an answer. But how do you measure Love? How do you measure happiness? How do you measure the depths of depression? By what datum do we compare? By who's standards do we judge?

Life tips us up and throws us down, rythms of life? Cycles of Life?

Once in a while we need to just STOP, close our eyes and listen for the still small voice in the chaos that is life. Its there, I assure you it really is there.

Well that was a bigger nut shell than I meant it to be.

Take care - H2o

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Dang, I turn my back for two days and the place gets flooded.

Lifemare-In regards to your response to my post, you must be talking about the Nazca lines, which are not crop circles but are glyphs drawn on the ground without the presence of crops. It's a whole different ball park from crop circles. The Nazca lines have never, in any worthwhile piece on them, been presented as anything other than the work of terrestrial peoples. The question is what their purpose is. While some believe that they were designed for communication with airborne people (read: extraterrestrials), I believe that they are what we today know as "art for art's sake". A little primitive surveying equipment, easily manufactured with straw and sticks can provide a pretty straight line. Simple map-making can provide a blueprint to do your surveying from. If the images are local gods, what's to say the artist wasn't merely honoring them with his or her efforts? When a modern artist paints a Christ figure, he or she isn't necessarily worshipping the image. They are only exerting their artistic efforts to commemorate the figure. Do any other species on the planet express themselves artistically? Very few, and then only to attract a mate. I think we are the only ones who use art recreationally. Therefore, we can assume with relative safety that some ancient artist saw Nazca as a canvas to express either himself or his devotion to his gods.

------------------
    I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight, kill, and die for your right to say it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tony H2o Registered Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ivan Kruk Registered Senior Member

Lifemare,

I'm another one, who have to adjust your statistic. Likewise Tony, I'm also high on live, but I completely don't afraid the death.
    Think about it!

Ivan

------------------