Creationist Ken Hovind, 10 year sentence?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Asden, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Balerion Banned Banned

It's that they don't know, Betrayer. They don't know a thing about evolution beyond what they hear from creationists, who are, of course, twisting it to fit their agenda. All it takes is google, and you'll know that it has been observed, but these people won't be bothered to even do that.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. apokalupsis Registered Member

In my opinion, we haven't observed anywhere near the level of speciation that would support the conclusion that these processes brought about the formation of the world we have today. In fact, I dare say very precious few speciation events have ever been observed that would be considered much more than what is sometimes termed micro-evolution. Even fewer that occured without cross breeding by intelligent designers. It's like saying my particular car is the cause of global climate change. It's not that my car doesn't produce carbon, but to claim it can produce climate change by it's lonesome is where the leap is. Especially in a mere 4 billion years. And the problem with the geologic column is it just so happens to be the same geologic column that creationists use to prove their point. Makes a more neutral person wonder if both are right and wrong.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

ahhh..poor dr. dino

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. chris4355 Registered Senior Member

good riddance

8. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

maybe he can shack up with Thomas Noe, a bush butty ..coingate

9. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

The guy is an idiot, but kudos to him for refusing to be robbed.

And evolution is practically a fact (if it simply isn't one anyway). How can you argue against something that has been observed?

10. apokalupsis Registered Member

Hovind's organization offers (or used to until recently) a $250,000 reward to anyone who can provide "proof" of evolution. Now I think they define "proof" by changes that produce new information in the DNA, but don't quote me.

11. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: It is not illegal to teach religion in the USA. Religion is taught everywhere everyday in the USA but is not allowed to be taught in public schools.

12. swarm Registered Senior Member

May be there is a god.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!