Crack Vs. Powder Cocaine

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by jessiej920, Dec 6, 2008.

1. swarm Registered Senior Member

No there aren't.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

It is up to each person to decide whether or not to use illegal drugs. That's the bottom line, no pun intended, for all of us to remember. If you do use drugs then don't cry when you are arrested or lose your money, family or even your life one day because it could happen as it has to millions already.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. swarm Registered Senior Member

You think I've been living in a cave? I know people who've destroyed themselves with it, people who haven't decided yet and people who've tried it and set it aside. Same with alcohol, tobacco, speed, smack, fast cars, rage, jealousy, envy...

Blaming the means of self destruction is ridiculous.

Making everything a person can self destruct on is impossible and it seriously erodes the liberty and stability of the society. It is far, far better to regulate and thereby have a modicum of control over the behavior.

sw: "Cocaine is cocaine. It is the means of delivery which makes the difference. Smoked vs ensuffilated. I.V. powder is even worse than crack."

co:"Not really, many crack addicts tell us that they were getting more intense highs from crack than powder and that's one reason they liked it better."

You didn't read what I said. The increased intensity is because it is smoked. People who shoot powder instead of snorting it get an even more intense high than crack heads. Its the same with any drug. The faster it hits, the more intense. Also bypassing the liver means more drug is active. So swallowing is less intense, then snorting, then smoking, then IM, then IV.

Of course there is also increased risk and damage as well, especially for women. There are very few active women IV drug users who live past their mid 30's. No, I don't know why that is.

sw: "Of course chewed cocaine and cocaine tea has been used for millennia."

co: There's no such thing as "chewed cocaine" but there is coca leaves that are chewed by Peruvian peoples living high in the mountains perhaps that is what you might be referring to? Also there's no "cocaine tea" as well, why do you make this stuff up anyway?

buy your cocaine tea here: http://www.google.com/products?q=co...a=X&oi=product_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title

The coca leaf is the source of cocaine. It is chewed with a pinch of lime (CaOH, not the fruit) or made into tea.

There used to be very popular cocaine wines and sodas, you might have heard of Coca-Cola?

"In 1886, when Atlanta and Fulton County passed prohibition legislation, Pemberton responded by developing Coca-Cola, essentially a non-alcoholic version of French Wine Cola [Vin Mariani]." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.