"Conformity, Brutality, and the Elite. All of which are American dreams"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Anarcho Union, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

If I remember correctly, the Democrats presently have control over both houses of the legislative branch of the federal government, and chances are rather high that Obama will end up with a second term short of catastrophe.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Our system has always been dependent on participation. We cannot simply sit back and hope things get better. I am hopeful about our future, because so many people became active in the political process through the Obama campaign, and also the Teapartiers (misguided as they are). Things are slowly getting better as far as social justice, but we still have a way to go. Don't like what your cops are doing? Form a citizens group to discuss their actions. This happened in my town after several questionable police shootings, and now they get way more attention.

The biggest problem in the American system is the influence of money. Politicians are not free to do what's best for the American people because they need to constantly campaign and raise money, and then they are subject to political pressure from their financiers.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

Oh, yeah, participation of all those slaves, women, poors, inmates & convicts was historically appreciated. Today, mass cult & education took control over so universal voting rights are no longer dangerous for the power structure. Cutting edge brainwashing techniques guarantee results.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Actually, it was participation by slavery activists, women for sufferage, and others that resulted in government paying attention to those problems.

8. C-Moon Registered Senior Member

So you should be taking this up with Dems. Obama extended the Patriot Act, and he is reportedly an expert on constitutional law.

9. C-Moon Registered Senior Member

:roflmao:

I guess if it's said repeatedly, some people will believe it.

10. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Prove me wrong. The only person of color I've seen was the nutbag with the AR-15. I also seen another one who performed in Texas last year. Like I said, 99.9% White.

11. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

Participation in what? Air breathing?

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Activism. The political process.

13. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Confirmity to what and what problem is it causing you?

Kind of general. Do you have something specific in mind?

Reganomics made that happen.

Some people might.

As long as race difference exists, racism will never disappear.

Not really any of the items that you listed. If you want to be sick of something then be sick of the control special interests hold over government. Out country is supposed to be run for the benefit of the people; however, since Regan (at least) it has been run for the benefit of corporations (and not even U.S. ones anymore). The end result is that America has been plundered, and the gutting will continue.

What do you mean?

About what you listed? No, not unless you can clearly define what it is you are talking about.

Those lyrics were made by teenagers with a niave view.

14. navigator Registered Senior Member

I don't see the point, unless your implying they are prohibiting other ethnic groups from joining. I think one of the main things the Tea Party stands for is slowing the increase in funding to new entitlement programs that mostly minorities reap the benefits of and often just end up wards of the state due to the inefficient implementation of the funding. So it would only make sense that these minorities are not going to be at Tea Parties, I wonder how many actually even vote?

I doubt renaming themselves "The White Tea Party" would be of any benefit, unlike, say if a group of 99.9% blacks named themselves "The Black Coffee Party". For some reason many blacks would be interested, but if the shoe was on the other foot, the whites in the white tea party would be rascist.:shrug:

15. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

There's no consistency in the tea parties protest. Like I said, when the bill of rights was shredded under the last administration, we didn't hear a peep out these tea baggers. When George Bush passed the prescription drug bill, it wasn't paid for, I didn't hear a peep out of these tea baggers. When the Government was arresting and detaining people without a trial, I didn't hear a peep from these phony, selective constitutionalists. But as soon as a Black Man takes office, all the sudden all of this stuff suddenly matters.

Typical racist sentiment. The biggest benefactors of entitlement programs are White people who use Medicare and receive social security. And there's more White people on Welfare in America than Blacks. I know you're going to say, "but Blacks per capita are more represented". Then I'll respond with Asians have a lower rate per capita than Whites. So I guess that justifies any derogatory sentiments and contempt that Asians may harbor toward Whites?

What a bigoted statement, I wouldn't expect any less from you since bigots use emotions instead of facts to support their arguments.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/01/us/politics/01census.html

Blacks are 12 percent of population, and they made up 12% of the vote, so I hope this answers your question.

Oh really, how many Black people are members of the Black Panther party? Do you have any facts to back up what you're saying or are you just the typical tea bagger full of ignorance?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  16. navigator Registered Senior Member

Kinda like the war?

First, none of those are new programs and the only people advocating cuts to Medicare are the ones favoring this bill, not the Tea Party. As far as welfare, the white people on welfare avoid the Tea Parties for the same reasons, because its not about race.

Did I make any derogatory sentiments or show contempt toward somebody?:shrug:

LOL, I was pretty sure what to expect, but actually you took it hook, line and sinker. You have a knee jerk habit of labeling people in derogatory ways. I have often wondered how many people on welfare actually vote, does that make me a bigot? I have also posted on this forum that IMO the right to vote should be an incentive to get off welfare, we need as many incentives as possible. These people need help, not a handout. You know, give a man a fish...teach a man to fish.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Thats great, but it does not tell us how many of those were on welfare or relying on entitlements for their welfare(remember, thats the premise of why their not at the Tea Parties).

Facts to back up what? If there was a "Black coffee party" and a "White Tea Party", which one wouldn't be noticed and which one would recieve scorn ?

17. C-Moon Registered Senior Member

Yeah, white is the majority in America so why are you complaining/shocked/whatever that the Tea Party majority is white, assuming this is the case?

Do you know, or does anyone know, the racial identities of all the Tea Partiers? I think maybe they identify as American first and foremost rather than by skin color, so we may never know.

All people have a skin color. Do you mean non-white/causasian?

In other words, you readily believed the propaganda and didn't bother to research it yourself.

The person who composed the Tea Party anthem is a [gasp] BLACK MAN! LLoyd Marcus (BELOW)

Alonzo Rachel speaking at Tea Party
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Qr_gn6lqw

continued

18. C-Moon Registered Senior Member

19. C-Moon Registered Senior Member

20. C-Moon Registered Senior Member

21. Jack_ Banned Banned

22. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

You speak using abstract terms which may embrace everything under the Sun. What's activism? What is political process? How poor Southern whites, for example, exercised powers of "activism" and "political process" to get their right to vote? The simple fact is that most (if not all) of the changes (credited to "activism") were imposed from "the above" in a response to the changing social, economic, etc. forces in order to maintain control.

Seriously, if one to believe that a few marches into deep South defeated segregation, one can believe just about anything.

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They responded to social forces or else no amount of money could keep them in office. The change was bottom-up. The marches helped build up support for the movement. Stories about what happened inspired people to change their minds, especially young people.