Compartmentalization

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Satyr, Jan 28, 2007.

?

Do you agree?

1. YES

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. NO

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. UNDECIDED

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. SCREW YOU!!!

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  1. zenbabelfish autonomous hyperreal sophist Registered Senior Member

This relates to the Evolution of Mutation thread - if there is no environmental stimulus the organism cannot develop and evolve.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. iam Banned Banned

You are very concrete and inflexible in your thinking, better to see things your way. You also misread on purpose to defend your argument. Climate? Don't you realize climate referring to europe is geographical or that climate is is also partly responsible for resources? Do I need to delineate everything as you do your twisted, control-freak, annal-retentive posts. I thought you were smart enough to get the jist of what was meant. I wouldn't care if negroids had to walk a million miles in circles before they reached europe. Europe has the MILDEST weather on the planet, it is neither EXTREMELY COLD nor HOT. It is EASIER to adapt to in the long run. It would be much more difficult for a pinko to adapt to africa than an african to adapt to europe's climate. I live in florida right now and the heat alone saps my energy. When I make a visit to bible belt but cooler north carolina I immediately have more energy, my thinking is crisper and i tend to be more active and productive just by the mild climate alone. You are assuming climate is of less consequence and the change in environment to adaptation is which i disagree. The change in climate and geography was beneficial, not harsher.

You also believe that cooperation is the "bullshit upon which society rests." What kind of a kook are you? Do you think all members of society are in agreement? Do you think it would be any different if you didn't have to "suppress individual freedom?" I'm telling you it wouldn't. Why?? Because you don't exist alone on this planet and someone will address your actions if it effects them. Get it??! You can't escape it and you accuse others of being cowards and living in a fantasy. Its telling you accuse me of being fixated on physical superiority which I'm not, you just schewed the point i was making. It is you who have a self-centered, simple-minded, compartmentalized view of your place in the world who is whining because your not getting things completely your way. Did you know you already joined the club? You accuse me of accepting every bullshit opinion or idea anyone spews. You don't read people as well as you think, you project what you want to stroke your own ego. I know I can't control what other people think or what they choose to say. I disagree with people constantly but that is all the power i have and unfortunately it is their right to think what they choose though i don't have to accept it, of course, just as you don't have to accept others thoughts or opinions. Unfortunately no man is an island.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Satyr Banned Banned

There he is again isolating climate from the concept of “environment” – which included resources, water supplies, geography and so on – to construct a counterargument.

Are the present climate conditions indicative of the past?

Furthermore to a polar bear the polar region is climatically ideal, since it has evolved in the area, just as man evolved in an African environment.
    If you were to bring, my retarded friend, a polar bear down to your “ideal” Mediterranean environment it would suffer and would need to adapt, just as mankind had to adjust to the European environment, no matter how “ideal’ it seems to you when vacationing there in 4 star hotels.
    Also does Europe only include your “preferred” Mediterranean beaches where you ideally enjoy drinks and fine restaurants served by waiters?
    Have you ever ventured deeper into the Greek peninsula, for example?

Wow! The moron finally shows his true ilk.
    See how civility is a façade.
    He desperately wants to preserve his sense of reality, and any civility is suppressed anger and annoyance.

I “read people” well enough to get this reaction out of them.
    What an honest display of his real mind.

He first chooses physical superiority to construct an argument against me. Then he chooses climate to construct the same thing.

I never said that superiority was only physical and I certainly didn’t say that the environmental conditions that caused racial diversity wee only climatic.

A tropical island with only rocks and sand is ideal in climate, yet one cannot survive on it.
    Has this idiot ever gone to the Greek islands?
    Ideal in climate, but the environment harsh and unforgiving.
    The Greeks had to go to sea to maintain their civilization.

I’m sorry my honest opinions are so troubling to many.
    I didn’t invent reality, I just report on it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. iam Banned Banned

You just won't admit the mild climate is conducive to activity and civilization hence we don't live in the sahara desert or in the antartic!! It is always easier once you've developed a skill to use it elsewhere but you need the right environment to facilitate it.

You don't think I know they had to adapt, build shelters in the winter...hello?

You got a reaction out of me?? I'm retarded?? How many times did you say "ta ta" in your feminine gorilla manner??

You've been accusing others of generalizing and compartmentalizing and you do the same.

You are a moron who believes civility is a facade because we experience emotions of frustration. That's a laugh! The heart of civility is a desire for neutrality, noncombative. It's not a facade because it is a projection of our own needs. We want to be "civil" to ourselves and that is mirrored and projected by others.

You are as much an idiot as your 'head in the clouds' conception of reality. It's so much easier when you don't have to navigate emotions and concepts of morality, isn't it?? It's just so much easier and therefore makes you intellectually superior, lol. But then again, if someone assraped you, I doubt you would react irrationally by experiencing an emotion, Oh No!!!

You are not even original. You preach as if no one has ever thought or is aware of what you spew and they have. Ain't that something? lol

8. Satyr Banned Banned

There you are AGAIN, choosing to selectively consider climate in your retarded deliberations.
    Summer & Winter are the only concepts you associate with environment.

Moron, pay attention.
    I ask again:
    Have you ever been to the Greek islands or to the interior of Greece or Italy?
    According to you this is an ideal environment because it is warm and sunny.

I ask again:
    If you bring a polar bear to the ideal Mediterranean, will it not have to adapt?

Idiot, pay attention.
    I ask:
    If the Mediterranean was so ideal why did man first emerge in Africa; or are you claming that he didn’t?
    If he emerged in Africa wouldn’t it be logical to assume that those conditions were ideal for man?
    A penguin considers its environment ideal and would suffer in another.

I ask:
    What produces progress and advancement: comfort or discomfort?
    Does a muscle grow when at rest or when stressed?
    Think, imbecile, think, with those few neurons nature gave you.

I ask:
    Are these present “ideal” Mediterranean conditions true of the past when man emerged and might have migrated?

Are you an imbecile or what?

As many as I want to.
    Do you think I’m answerable to you and your kind?
    Do you think I am shamed by your standards of evaluation?

I do as I like.
    TA, ta….There I go again.

Okay…where?
    Challenge me, idiot, don’t just claim to challenge me.

So our supposed “selflessness” is selfishness.
    Well, done. You’ve proved my point.

Huh?
    I don’t have to ”navigate emotions and morality”?
    Wow!!! Am I an alien, do I live on some other planet?
    Watch how honesty is not the best policy

Ouch!!!
    The vengeance of the weak, of the slave, is predictable.

If this moron has thought of all this stuff then why does he rile against it and why does he think I would be hurt by such a revelation?
    No idea is unique. Everyone is influenced and builds opinions on the opinions of others.

9. iam Banned Banned

Wow, you are such an idiot, asshole and an imbecile. "Listen, idiot?" Is that what you said? You are so tightly wound but it only takes a little disagreement to your supposed superior and all encompassing understanding of the universe to watch you backpedal.

I was only citing climate?? Because climate encompasses most aspects of the environment including ideal weather for agriculture. Do I have to explain point by point for you to comprehend it?

You were using the excuse that total nihlistic harsh struggle was responsible for progression. And you accuse me of not seeing the forest for the trees. Now you change your tune by pointing fingers at my example while conveniently correcting your own.

Did you know mediterranean europe including the Greek isles is referred to as the "Lost Eden?" I wonder why, lol.

Do you know the history of Pre-roman Britain, the empire that would launch the current world power America?? Did you know they were attracted by the weather, abundance of wild game, and fertile plains? It also provided some protection and isolation to THRIVE.

All "selflessness" is selfishness?? If that is the case then you might as well interchange the terms because they only have the meaning you give them. So you desiring to stay alive is selfish and you sacrificing your life to save your child is only selfish as well?? No, it isn't, there is always a personal sacrifice. If there is mutuality, both selflessness and selfishness come into play. I didn't make any point for you. That is your own simplistic interpretation.

You are such a fuking liar and deceiver. You need both nurture and challenge to succeed. If your mother had dropped you on your head when you were an infant, fed you crap, took drugs neonatal, kept you from schooling, you would not be here to spout your condescending, demented, unrealistic and bent crap about how harsh your life was and how great you are in overcoming it. You are so full of shit. lol

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  10. Satyr Banned Banned

Dear retard,
    You still don’t answer the questions.
    Listen, imbecile, if your Britain was so fine a place why did no hominids evolve there and they had to migrate there?
    If the human species evolved in Africa then that was its ideal environment.

Imbecile, I asked very specific questions.

If comfort is so ideal for progress and civilization then one can assume that you sitting on your fat ass will produce huge muscles and a working brain.
    Challenge produces a reaction to it – a do or die.

A crocodile has evolved and still remains in the environment it evolved within.
    It has no reason to change.
    If global warming persists, let us say, and its original environment changes, it will have to migrate or adapt to different environment.
    If these different environments provide more resources, in comparison to its original environment, and the crocodile does not perish in the process, then it might build a civilization. If some of its fellow crocodiles are fortunate enough to not face the full consequences of global warming and they find a comfortable niche where the conditions remain relatively unaltered, they will not evolve. They will remain stagnate.
    Then this brother of theirs, having been shocked into change and having survived and learned to use the abundance it found itself in or produced through husbandry, would return as conquerors.

Civilizations flourished where populations migrated into, adapted to and invented methods of taming and using the resources to their full advantage.
    Gold mentions that the abundance of adequate resources for domestication accounts for the rise of civilizations in particular ‘fertile crescents’. But you, idiot, jump ahead and neglect all the intermediating steps before the fact.

It was the fact that man had to move into alien, to it, circumstances and learn, by studying the new environments, not to mention that said environments held the right circumstances to enable their usage, explains why the Negro sat there with spears while others built ships and guns.

The Negro was the ideal for the environment he evolved within and never left – he never left home.
    He stagnated.
    There was no need for him to invent technologies or to adapt to a different circumstance by using what resources he had access to.
    Evolution is the interplay between organism and environment. To assume that environment had physical effects but had no other influence on human development is the highest of the highest prejudices.
    One might as well claim that species evolved in relation to environment but that this evolution was cosmetic and only physical and that all species are mentally similar, even if they differ externally.

That humans benefited by opposable thumbs, as some groups benefited by environmental conditions, is a given. This benefit was not only external but it changed the way the mind thinks and behaves.

Civilizations, moron, began after centuries of human habitation and after the sub-groupings had adapted to the new circumstances or had innovated methods in response to it.

The questions, idiot, remain unanswered by you, because you are one of those lobotomized half-wits who must defend the current status quo, as their ideal environment and must excuse himself from suffering.
    Need produces progress, not comfort.

--------*edit*----------------
    As for “backpedaling”, simpleton, if you look back on my posts I consistency use the word “environment”.
    Environment!!!
    Environment, imbecile, includes your precious climate, and resources, and other species, and geography, and water supplies and so on and so forth.

You, choose to only use climate, erroneously concluding the Greece is an ideal place for a primitive humanoid.
    I assure you, ignoramus, that it is anything but hospitable.
    It is rocky, infertile land with little rainfall and even less accessible water sources.

Comfort, stupid, is a product of dominating an environment. It comes as an aftereffect of struggle and domination and progress.
    It isn’t leisure that produces civilization it is civilization that produces leisure…and this, in turn, leads to decadence; the cycle of civilization is complete.
    You can no more build a body-builder’s physique by planting yourself in front of your T.V., or build a mind by never challenging it to think, than you can build a civilization by being comfortable.
    The biggest technological innovations occurred during times of war and strife and struggle.
    The Roman Empire was built on conflict and suffering and its subsequent success resulted in its downfall.
    In a similar manner the human mind succeeds and then creates an environment where it stagnates and deteriorates, like yours has, languishing in comfort and abundance.

I’ve remained precise and on-topic with my views.
    You attempt to redirect by using clever tactics like isolating climate to construct a straw-man argument or isolating color as the only racial characteristic or using a political geographic area to prove that Africans created civilizations.
    This is compartmentalization, no different than a religious fanatic using dual reasoning to keep his faith unchallenged by reason.
    Add a few more “lol’s” to feign indifference.
    What my mother did is evident by the person I am as is what your mother did.

You are an example of how a retard reacts when his accepted concepts of reality, passed on to him by his culture and his parents, are confronted by another possibility.
    It’s not that you defend racial equality, but that you want to protect yourself from being judged through your appearance.
    I suspect it’s less than great.

Until you dare to answer my questions talking to you is a complete waste of my time.
    If you had been born in another place at another time you would be regurgitating the beliefs and cultural norms of that time and place.
    You are a little sheep.
    Civilizations are built with your kind.
    Never change.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  11. iam Banned Banned

I use compartmentalization and generalizations and you don't? The very first sentence of your post was a generalization. As a matter of fact, to even state one does not use generalizations is delusional. Evidently your ego has run away without your brain. I isolated color or climate for specific points. You are twisting and reinterpreting.

I also did not "skip" anything. Of course anyone even half-learned is aware of the migration pattern out of africa and the ingenuity and evolution of skill and intelligence to adapt to new environments. You are placing too much emphasis on this so-called 'harsh struggle' but not to the already fit hominid out of africa.

You still miss the simple point. The humans that migrated to the harshest and least inhospitable places did not build the epitome of modern civilization. It wasn't until they migrated to more neutral territory. It is a simple fact that there are no new york cities in the north pole, antartica, or the sahara. You have a problem accepting this for some odd reason probably because you are a typical white supremacist. The way you express yourself, so twisted, so stereotypical, generalizing terms such as "slave." Did you know that those who want to subjugate are just as weak for needing to eliminate competition because that means no need to "adapt." Lol. It's all pov, baby!

Arguing with you just drives home how bored I am because it's like bitching with a fuddy-duddy textbook computer. Look at a map, take a pen and point to europe or asia, start making concentric circles over the entire map and you will see a pattern. Advanced civilizations started to proliferate in neutral climates or migrated to neutral territory to do so. Was that so painful? Awww.

12. iam Banned Banned

Hehehe...Really! You know what I look like?? Just your superficial statement alone is stereotypically shallow and a major GENERALIZATION. I'm a little sheep and am a product of cultural norms?? And your not???? You are a terrible judge of character. I am definitely not sheep.

Do you know you are really superficial and artificial?? As a matter of fact, there are quite a lot of people like you in the world regurgitating the same beliefs and cultural norms masquerading their limited understanding as superior truth. What cultural norms do I espouse that are of this time and place??? Huh?? You have no clue the real ideas I have or what i really think fool. You only know what i let you know, we all converse and deal with others with socially understood and tried and true and keep the less conventional or socially unnacceptable thoughts to ourselves.

13. Bells Staff Member

ENOUGH!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

If none of you can conduct yourselves in a manner that would indicate you are part of the human race, instead of like a bunch of baboons throwing fecal matter at each other in a locked cage, I will close this thread.

A few insults here and there is one thing. However this thread barely covers the topic it is meant to be discussing, instead you are too busy throwing childish little insults at each other. If I have to warn again, the thread closes and is moved to cesspool.

I think I have given enough leeway, but if you continue to act like a bunch of degenerates, I will treat you as such.

14. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

It's entertaining, is that not enough? And if they want to throw fecal matter at one another, it will be more entertaining.

15. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Satyr's 'discussions' are always like this - as Bells knows. It's the key to their appeal. Bells is probably just in a bad mood or something. Heh.

16. TheMosaicMan Registered Senior Member

I don't like your comment.

Let me post again that quote from desmond morris to emphasize why:

I recall seeing in another thread you mentioning you dealt with criminals in your ex-work.

You of all, then, should know the above!

Rhetoric, insults et al let off steam for people or in other cases, are a source of entertainment..

Its normal enough.

Theres been a lot of interesting stuff said in here, closing the thread would be irrespsonble.

17. zenbabelfish autonomous hyperreal sophist Registered Senior Member

What about a fox in a chicken shed?

18. TheMosaicMan Registered Senior Member

Humans vs humans compared to two different species, which are also predator vs prey.

Not a good example.

19. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

someone posted

"A person starts to live when he can live outside himself.
    -- Albert Einstein"

That sums up compartmentalization of the conscious mind and the fundamentals of the original post well.

so yup, I voted yes

20. zenbabelfish autonomous hyperreal sophist Registered Senior Member

I'm trying to establish that 'needless' violence exists in the natural world...ok say same species violence...many species engaging in mating rituals, and obviously primates.

21. TheMosaicMan Registered Senior Member

There are people who have satisfied their physical and basic emotional needs to the point where they don't need to work, or don't need to work much to stay overall satisfied.. then people from this group whom appear to have everything and who then descend into a disgusting squallor..

I think that this latter is a result of self-ignorance, of a person not understanding their own mind enough to find what it is they need intellectually, as well as physically.

In the absence of such knowledge or even the idea that they _need_ be looking for it, their habits become them and they slowly lose all impetus in life. (I would never describe them as content, lots of movies and literature illustrates this idea too)

The life = need, need = suffering, ergo life = suffering thing is lucid, yet I think lacks balance, just as the idea that life = satisfaction(ing), lacks balance.

There is a point where suffering crushes a human being. They need some successes to work from, the memory of which inspires them, drives them onward..

I see nothing wrong with contentment, but then I don't see it as ever being complete either.. its ongoing. For those who achieve such an ongoing contentment (to the level where they perceive improving still further as being more effort than they are willing to put in) I think they are the mainstay of civilization.. they are the base from which those whom are pushing the limits, may work.

Without the mainstay, I don't think the latter type would have opportunity or time to push the limits as they do, certainly not to the same extent.

The beauty of civilization is that its everyday cycle increases the number of 'tools' that are available to us.. Adam smith spoke of that concept, about the industrial world 'leveraging up' the rest of humanity bit by bit.

Machine-tools are slowly giving us the ability to replace the bottom class, whose work keeps the mainstay of civilization content. (note that while it is giving this ability, its not nearly broad enough yet, nor is it being utilized while the people who run corporations are content to exploit the poorer people)

Leaders + army to middle class mainstay, to bottom class workers, is an improvement over despot + army, to bottom class workers as mainstay.

Those who see civilization - and the supporting structures of nature - as an extension of themselves, realise on achieving the basic level of contentment, that there is a LOT that they still NEED to do, in order to grow both individually and through their human/urban environment... We will not be bereft of challenges for a longer period than is comprehensible to us here and now, thats for sure... perhaps not even then.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  22. TheMosaicMan Registered Senior Member

I didn't say anything about needless violence.. I could say that it is needless in the sense that its inefficient, impractical to mass slaughter one another, however all this that has gone before may have been neccessary to establish that concept in the civilized mind, so to take it to that extreme is silly.

So with that out of the way.. where are you going with this?

Why did you bring up mating rituals?

Primates don't wage mass wars on one another for the sake of some nationalistic ideal.

No creature is as good at self-destruction as us. Nor is any creation as good at self-empowerment either.

23. Bells Staff Member

Hence the warning.

I do not wish to close this thread, but I will if it continues on being a:

"you're an imbecile"..
    "no, you're an imbecile"..
    "no, you're an imbecile and a moron"..
    "no, you're an imbecile, a moron and a retard"...

type of thread. This thread is akin to male posturing in primary school. Change the words to "you hang up".. "no you hang up first", it would be akin to a teenage romance and equally annoying to the adults who have to witness it.

Short of combing through all the posts and removing them manually, I am asking each of you to behave in a manner that is desired. The topic is interesting. The constant "you're an imbecile" routine is not. I have asked once before and it went well for a while there. And then the posturing began again and appears to now be out of control. You are not discussing anything. You are merely wasting time putting interesting little tidbits amongst the childish insults.

In short. Grow the hell up.

A few insults is one thing and we have all participated in throwing them about (myself included), but when there are more childish and annoying insults than actual topic content, the 'interesting stuff' tends to get lost in the fray.