Communicating With Extraterrestrials

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by spiritconnect, Jul 1, 2007.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

(Q):
    Notwithstanding your penchant for exposing people, I think the fact that Payne has revealed his name and credentials is clear indication that he is not attempting to pass himself off as something he is not. His CV and background is apparently accessible to anyone who wishes to do so, as you have so amply proved.

The same cannot be said for everyone who posts in this forum, so I fail to see why you are so excited. You can argue the points he is making rather than attack him personally.:bugeye:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Is it me, or does nowhere in the claim for legitimacy above does it actually state that it is NOT doing what it says others do?
    All it says, if I interpret it correctly, is: "Scams scam you... and we're certain you see the picture clearly."

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

But of course, one must read the fine print and take it for what it's worth:

"Metaphysics, as it is commonly taught—that is, along spiritual lines–has not been a part of the academic community, again because it is spiritual in nature. Metaphysics is taught in Philosophy courses at academic universities as a branch of “Speculative Philosophy,” which is not the method of teaching commonly used by practitioners of Metaphysics.
    Therefore, Metaphysics, as it is popularly taught today, does not fit into the mold of the academic community. Because of this, your doctoral degree in Holistic, New Thought Metaphysics, while completely legal in every way, is not 23 considered an academic degree but a doctoral degree in a specialized area of Religion. Credit and recognition for metaphysical study alone – which is what we are dealing with – is therefore, placed in a positive perspective, as it should be.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

If you haven't figured it out already, as you often don't, I AM arguing the points he is making, in regards to his alleged education and his gratuitous use of the title, "Doctor."

Did you know that the University of Sedona, although is located somewhere in Arizona, doesn't even have an address on it's website?

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Neither does IGNOU. :shrug:

They have addresses for study centres but thats probably because they are so huge.

Anyway, my point was he could remain anonymous and you would be none the wiser, so is there any point to this?

9. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Actually, he IS trying to pass himself off as a PhD, or didn't you figure that out?

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

What does that matter? There are PhDs and there are PhDs. This is a discussion forum not a job application.

Most of us here discuss stuff we don't know about, people are still debating evolution with accredited biologists; so why should communication with extraterrestrials suddenly require a PhD?

Anyway please feel free to ignore my two cents, which is all they are.

11. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Watchoo say? Please. We have tons of aliens; and not just ghey crappy goatsuckers, either, but the nifty world-dominating kind. Half our membership are Lizardoids! (The other half are just regular Republicans.) You're going to compare our top-rated Rubber-Mask Conspiracy to a furry, half-human creature that runs around in the dark sucking on things?

...Say, whatever happened to Michael Jackson anyway?

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I meant real aliens sucker, like ones without DNA.

Gawd, myuurons are so teduus

13. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

I will do so, But, to be clear, there are many people who frequent this forum, and when someone is calling themselves a doctor and boasting their PhD, it's important to clarify they bought it from a diploma mill. In other words, they were scammed and are now trying to scam others.

If you think that doesn't matter, then you are condoning the scam.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Oh, so do you examine the credentials of every person you know and encounter? And if its from an accredited university does that mean you believe every word they say?

I take people based on what they are, not what they have. So it really does not matter what you think I condone.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

You are creating strawman arguments. If you take people based on what they are, do you take Payne as a scammer or something else?

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

None of your business now, is it? Seeing as you require rigorous vetting to communicate with extraterrestrials, I wish you happy hunting.

17. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

SAM is right, wether his PhD is valid or not, it doesn´t make a difference here. Lets hear what the dude has got to say, and each one of us can reach his own conclusions.
    Why make fun of it and be so judgemental about it? I know this kinds of stuff make some people sensitive, but this is just a weakness that needs to be overcomed.

18. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

No, it is fraud, not a weakness.

19. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

I'm rather shocked, sam, you're a moderator here and yet you are defending a scammer? Curious...

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Oh pooh, try that with someone who cares.

If he was from Harvard, would you be expecting to speak with extraterrestrials anon?

21. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

He is asking us to believe some fairly weird shit. He has already indicated he is unlikely to offer us any solid evidence. We have to accept or reject his statements on the basis of how credible we find him and his tales.

Therefore, it is wholly relevant as to the nature of his Ph.D. If it is from a 'diploma mill' then that speaks of a person who uses deceit to achieve their objectives. Would we then be inclined to believe the word of someone on any topic, when they have already demonstrated an inherent dishonesty in this important area of academic qualifications.

Because he gives all the appearance of being a dishonest, deceitful, scam artist. Such people can either be exposed and condemned for their lies, or ridiculed and lampooned for their insincerity.
    It is necessary to be judgemental to protect casual readers who may be taken in by their lies.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So if you did not have his name and credentials, the casual reader would have to suck it up?

23. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

This is just Hinduism!

Why do we need ETs to teach this?!