Colorado train passengers capture Bigfoot on video

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Oct 14, 2023.

1. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Then why did Miroslava Munguia Ramos, project manager at the UCLA California Environmental DNA program, agree to analyze the eDNA sample from the tree structure?

Are you saying she has no reputation to protect?

And what of Dr Mayor? Does she also have no reputation to protect? Why did she agree to go on an expedition specifically tasked with trying to find evidence for Bigfoot?

Are you saying that the sorts of scientists who go on such expeditions, or who involve themselves in such investigations, are not worth listening to? After all, if they had reputations they cared to protect, why would they ever agree to be part of any such an investigation?

Won't people just consider Dr Mayor and Miroslava Ramos to be crazy people who collect Bigfoot casts etc? Why would they volunteer for that, if what you claim is true?
    That didn't stop Dr Mayor or Miroslava, did it? Why not?
    Why didn't Dr Mayor or Miroslava go along with the crowd, as you thesis would predict they should?

You really haven't thought this through, have you?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Really, Dr Mayor? How so? You aren't claiming you found Bigfoot. Are you?
    So what Ramos is saying here is that she identified all sorts of DNA from known species of apes, such as chimpanzees. But there is no mention of any DNA from unknown species.

Speaking personally, these results sound incompetent. If Ramos is saying chimpanzees live in the Appalachians and they do not, then clearly Ramos's samples must have been contaminated somehow - either accidentally or deliberately. Maybe contamination controls in her lab are lax or non-existent. Maybe somebody who was motivated to see bizarre results deliberately contaminated things and it's not Ramos's fault.

Either way, there's no news about Bigfoot to be found in this.

Who knows what this might be about? What structure? Magical Realist hasn't provided any information.
    So they found some rocks that looked stacked up? Ho hum.
    Interesting thing to say, just after she had explicitly talked about a few of her guesses.
    But no answers so far, Miroslava? Nothing conclusive, obviously.
    Yes, and the takeaway here is that Miroslava Ramos discovered zero "new" DNA from any unknown species. So, nothing to see here, folks!
    So, the summary is: Ramos found no "indisputable genetic evidence" of any unknown species in her investigation. Nothing to see here, folks!

But it makes money for the the people who sold the TV show of this fabulous Bigfoot hunting expedition. And it makes for a pleasant enough hour on the couch in front of the TV for viewers who don't want to switch their brains on.

TheVat likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Apparently there's a minority of scientists out there who are openminded enough to assist in the quest. My faith in humanity is affirmed.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Sure. All scientists are a collective mind who act in unison and all think the same way - a way that matches TV show cliches.

Just like all UFO enthusiasts wear tinfoil hats and lick toads.

Also, all football players are angry bullies, and all kids with glasses are snivelling math nerds.

Keep on trollin', MR. You're cementing the case for your negative credibility.

8. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Oct 30, 2023
  9. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Not a valid link. That's your saved videos.

10. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

It's not my saved videos. I don't have any saved videos. It came up on a Google search.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2023
  11. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Perhaps. But it is a Facebook page ( https :// www. facebook.com /watch/?v=701436230630641 ) the links of which are known to not play well with the rest of the kids.

That link immediately redirects to https:// www.facebook.com /watch/ , which is just the generic watch page.

Something to be wary of when posting links. It's always good manners to chase down the YouTube video itself and provide that link for readers.

I'm curious what happens when you click the link in post 145. Does it still work for you? Or do you get the same generic page I do?

12. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I get the video in a box that starts playing immediately. I preferred this to the youtube versions because it includes about 15 seconds of extra video showing the figure close up.

13. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Sure, but what's convenient for you isn't convenient for your readers if they can't see it at all.

14. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Here's a report from some guy on this Bigfoot video. He pretty much dismisses it, and for a few good reasons:

15. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

So this guy is actually a believer (having allegedly had his own encounter) and believes there is a bigfoot, but also feels 99.9% of videos are hoaxes or misIDs etc.

https://www.youtube.com/user/parabreakdown

16. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Tks! That's interesting that he has had his own BF experience but remains largely skeptical about videos. I wonder if he made a video about it.