Colorado train passengers capture Bigfoot on video

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Oct 14, 2023.

1. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

What is presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
    A random pic from imgUR is not evidence.

Reported for trolling.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Who is the bigger fool?

The one posting random Google pics without bothering to verify their provenance or authenticity?

Or the one who would fall for it more than once?

You have negative credibility. If you post about something - anything - that historically counts as points against its credibility. Such is the price of being a troll.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Lol!

MR, if there are ever any Bigfoot ghost sightings, I’ll show more interest, as I’m partial to ghosts.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

LOL Apparently you. Maybe you should review the recent posts before whining about trolling.

8. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Indeed.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

9. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Professor Jeff Meldrum's Interview on Bigfoot casts and hair samples..

Last edited: Oct 24, 2023
  10. gmilam Valued Senior Member

11. TheVat Registered Member

One prima facie argument against the Bigfoot hypothesis is that we live on a planet overrun with dogs. And not one bone has been found. Think about all the skeletal remains that dogs find when they join their humans on a hike, or just go off into the woods by themselves. There are also specially trained sniffer dogs that search woods after a wildfire for cremated remains. Even older remains can be found by the HHRDDs, the Historic Human Remains Detection Dogs. If we are to toss MR a bone, then one must be found first.

Pinball1970 likes this.
  12. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. TheVat Registered Member

I really should resist, but I can't: how does one determine that a howl is a Bigfoot howl?

As for hoaxing, I would think one of the fundamental lessons of living on this planet is that there is a lot of hoaxing going on. People LOVE to hoax.

Just ask Binoculars, my talking dog!

Pinball1970 likes this.
  14. TheVat Registered Member

And that, my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana shaped.

And thanks for the kind greetings. Full disclosure - I used to admin a science forum in the long ago time. And was, too briefly, a field biologist.

Pinball1970 likes this.
  15. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Primatologist records alleged Bigfoot calls:

Hoaxing in a remote forest in the middle of the night? Not likely..

Last edited: Oct 25, 2023
  16. TheVat Registered Member

Sorry I couldn't find the part where we establish the source of the call. It's just a weird call. The recording that she blasts into the night is also unidentified. For purposes of faux drama, we are told it is a Bigfoot recorded previously, and that this attempt at contact could be dangerous. How do we know this? My favorite line in the video is " I'm just hearing frogs."

The remoteness didn't preclude a team of primatologists so why would it preclude a mischievous hoaxer. As for the time of day, the middle of the night would seem optimal for hoaxing. Not only for cover of darkness, but also for the several hours of barhopping that might well have preceded it.

17. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Possible Bigfoot caught on thermal camera with light orbs:

C C likes this.
  18. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

"Orbs" accompanying BF seems to be in line with what I mentioned in an earlier post about giving credit to Bigfoot enthusiasts who move on to contending that BF is a fully paranormal or anomalous entity. Rather than one of Earthly biological provenance (the latter category should be leaving non-controversial, validating evidence, but isn't).

I like the intense whispering in the communication devices. Granted, it arguably does serve a legit purpose in terms of not disturbing the Heat Signature of Interest, but there's also something about it that radiates: "Serious significance! Look how cool we are out here playing Bigfoot investigators!"
    _

19. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I'm sorry. Can you please explain to me why you think that actual scientists are not "real experts" and are not qualified to analyse purported physical evidence for Bigfoot?

What makes these amateur "investigators" better qualified to do the forensics than... er... forensic scientists?
    Demonstrably, there's a lot of hoaxing going on. Are you really going to pretend that you're unaware of that? Who do you think you're fooling?

Meanwhile, the questions you need to answer include:
    • Why are the all photos and videos so terribly unconvincing and inconclusive?
    • How did you establish that any of the hundreds of casts of footprints came from a Bigfoot?
    • Why has nobody analysed any of these fur samples? Is there a shortage of DNA scanners? Or is it more that the "expert" hunters and "investigators" don't know how to do DNA analysis and don't want to ask somebody in an ivory tower who does?
    • How did you establish that any of the recordings you mentioned was a "bigfoot howl"?
    • What analysis have you done that has led you to reject the possibility of hoaxing when it comes to Bigfoot? This is especially important, seeing as you are pretending not to even be aware that hoaxes have been perpetrated and exposed many times in this particular field of pseudoscience.
    Isn't it about time you started addressing some of these basic questions? Why are you so dishonest?
    Stop trolling, MR. I see you are nervous again. Is that because you're aware that you're about to be officially warned again? You hope you'll be able to get away with a bit more trolling, but you're not sure quite how far you can push it, so you're a bit nervous?

You should be nervous.

Stop making straw-man claims and stop trolling.
    Okay. So, this is from 2012 - over ten years ago. In 2012, apparently, your man Jeff had big plans to finally get to the bottom of the Bigfoot thing by flying a blimb over the mountains because - you know - there's really no more sensible way we could possibly solve the Bigfoot mystery.

You followed the Great BigFoot Blimp Chase, I assume. So, what happened there? I've seen no headlines screaming "Jeff Meldrum finds conclusive evidence of Bigfoot using a blimp!" Why not?

Did the blimp ever get off the ground? Or did it crash and burn, just like all your woo typically does? Just fizzles out to nothing.

TheVat and Pinball1970 like this.
  20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

You forgot to post a summary, your analysis and commentary on the video.

21. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

If you were planning on hunting for deer out in the woods, who would turn to for advice? A scientist that can tell you everything about the deer species. Or an experienced hunter who has actually spent alot of time hunting deer in the woods. I think the answer is obvious.

22. TheVat Registered Member

I'm not going into the woods to hunt deer. I'm going in to seek evidence in support of a scientific conjecture. For the latter mission, the answer is obvious: a field scientist with a keen understanding of how to locate, and record sightings of, and trace evidence of, an elusive species. (IRL, that's often just poo....lots of poo) Field scientists do not dwell in ivory towers, and they have backwoods skills common to both game hunters and their own discipline. The Ivory Tower scholar is a strawman.

I think you can understand this, and are just arguing in bad faith. If you actually respond to any of the points being made with a good faith attempt to understand sound methods of data collection, then I will resume this chat.

23. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

The scientist, of course.

Only a fool would get advice from a (self-proclaimed) deer hunter who had never managed to catch a single deer.