Collapse of U.S. Economy Imminent *

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Solve et Coagula, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Alejandro -2 Minutes To Midnight- Registered Senior Member

yeah guess thats it in a nutshell. you can make more flipping burgers in America than a computer programmer does elsewhere.

not to mention the loses from shoplifting at $25 million a day http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Shoplifting - organised shoplifters and JD's...i curse them every time i open a DVD and it takes 20 minutes

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

saw something on CNN about Exon making incredible $$$$, if it got too bad could allways borrow from them.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Don't be silly. that money is building car factories in China. Big oil plans to wreck another society as they have the US - They are just getting their wealth out while you still do not realize you have been had. See my prior post.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Yep, that's what all these recent oil profits are about. Milking us while they still can.

- N

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

There is nothing wrong with this. It is their country and they can run it however they want to – who are we to tell them how they should run their affairs? Singapore is probably more State owned than private, and most Singaporeans like it that way.

Most so than ours?!?!?

You know, during some years per person Texas put more people to death.
    We’re dropping new-brand-labeled Napalm (Mark 77 firebombs) on Iraqis.
    THAT’S NOT PSYCHOLPATHIC?
    We sold arms to Iran to kill Iraqi, while selling arms to Iraqis to kill Iranians and then used the money to push out a democratically elected government in Nicaragua??
    THAT’S NOT EVIL?!?
    Not to mention the pollution, the Vietnam War, the nuking of Japan, the Korean war, fire bombing of civilians in Dresden, killing off of 80% of the Cherokees, selling African’s a slaves, taking Mexico’s land as ours.

Keep going back in time and the EVIL never really ends with us.

Americans may have an idyllic artsy-fartsy we-love-to-help-and-save-the-World, but look at our history and I think you’ll find the exact opposite it true.

So, I really don’t think we should be worrying so much about China and maybe start worrying a little about ourselves.

Agreed?

Really though, get Americans to stop buying Nikes or stop shopping at Wal-Mart. Only buy from companies that pay to have independent people monitor their over-seas production.

If not then that is OUR FAULT.

Also, people don’t want to pay 75K for a crap SUV when they can pay 15K and get a decently made Toyota. Detroit screwed its own self over. I used to for GMAC – GM was a crap company then, crap management, crap employees, crap facilities, crap product, hell I’m surprised it lasted this long.

Yes this does suck.
    I don’t know what the f*ck has happened in the world. I’m in a pretty decent position but am far from happy with it. There is zero security and no one looks out for anyone except number 1. I’m going to look for work in Japan next month – specifically as a Medical Researcher (neural stem cells), but the old days of having a secure good paying job are about kaput.

8. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

If you do, I hope you will stay connected. You are one of the few here that can actually think and realize what is happing, and knows what has happened. (Have you been doing self implants as part of your research?

)

I note that your exit from US, is one example of how the right wing /Christian voting block is damaging the US, especially in the stem cell research field. I hope GWB realizes he was wrong about stem cell research when he contracts Parkinson or Alzheimer’s disease; but it is not very likely he will get either disease as they only attack neural cells, not cranial fat.

9. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Yeah, my research is all but banned in the USA – in that it can not be funded by the NIH and therefore not many scientists can afford to do it.

That said, CA is going to open a State funded research facility this year. If nothing comes from my Japan endeavor I may actually look into that.

But I’m not in the USA presently. I saw the writing on the wall and migrated to AU about 7 years ago - they used to have a pretty good system here. Now I am a citizen of both USA and AU. Which is nice because then I can live near the ocean, as AU has plenty of ocean-front space. Unfortunately AU is following the USA’s lead - and in some areas AU is even worse than the USA

But AU is resource rich and so they’ll be fine here until global warming bakes the planet.

LOL

You know though, I really do worry about this huge debt. Actually, where did all this money go??? Really does anyone know? That's alot of money for nothing - I don't get it???