Coimputer advice...

Maybe it is that simple. Quad SLI has been around for some years already. Superficially searching: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/29918/multiple-headsets-on-one-pc with also noting that these posts were dated back 2016 means that the hardware they used is outdated.

:EDIT:

Also overclocking the CPU? Does it shorten the life of the PC regardless of whether it is done professionally or not?

Like:
AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper 1950X (16-Core, 40MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.6GHz on all cores)

Does that mean I can theoretically run 16 VR players on one PC if I could fit 16 friggen video cards in it? :tongue:

Last edited:
meh, I did online chat with Dell, for four VR headsets this was the just some info I was given:

Agent (Mrittunjoy_C): "okay, I would recommend your Dell's Flagship Alienware Area-51 with Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 graphics with 8GB GDDR5X each (NVIDIA SLI® Enabled)"

Agent (Mrittunjoy_C): "Feeding these video cards will be an Alienware™ 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply with modular cabling [****]"

Agent (Mrittunjoy_C): "And powered by the Intel® Core™ i7-7800X (6-Core, 8.25MB Cache, up to 4.0GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0) + 16GB RAM memory and 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)"

Think guy was talking low end system though.

:EDIT:

However, I did indicate the power level power level to something Arizona Sunshine and above. This VR game I believe you can co op with least one other person.
Zombie apocalypse and all that...

Last edited:
And female.
And looking like Britney.

It is the End of Days.
I don't view VR as something really competitive but has the potential to be insanely stupid fun. Just by role playing absurd incongruity and unwinding after whatever work during the day.

Think of having a couple drinks and getting stoned with friends and whatever.

I've read the topic title a dozen times and only just now realized that "coimputer" is missspelled.

Back