Co-moderator nominations for World Events and Politics

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Porfiry, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Undecided Banned Banned

I also see stupidity as well, constantly. But you cannot have posts that deal with little substance and whose sole purpose is ad homs, or other such irrelevant distractions. To someone who has little knowledge of Politics, how will the person be able to decide if a thread/post is even worthwhile to keep on? I think it's innate in pretty much all of us to see overt stupidity, but there are other forms of stupidity, that someone with little political knowledge can be trusted to discern.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

I disagree but then again that is for the public to decide (considering there is a poll?)

1) It is freedom of speech, no matter how absurd You think the topic is the author has the right to hear opinions on it.

2) One has to be living under a rock to not be able to discern between what belongs here and what doesn't.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Undecided Banned Banned

1) It is freedom of speech, no matter how absurd You think the topic is the author has the right to hear opinions on it.

I know of threads here on sci that have been banned, or even deleted. This is noble, but not reality.

2) One has to be living under a rock to not be able to discern between what belongs here and what doesn't.

Really? It is not as easy as one can think, some issues may have deep undertones of philosophy, etc.

Let me ask a simple question, would you trust a Bus driver who doesn't know how to save the children on the bus, but can drive? You cannot reasonably expect ppl to respect a mod. who knows little about the subjects being discussed.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

*ahem*...you surely do not mean the WE&P forum at Sciforums?

Well we'll let the public decide. I fear we are going off track here in the thread.

8. Undecided Banned Banned

you surely do not mean the WE&P forum at Sciforums?

For instance one could argue that the Marxism belongs in this forum, one could also argue it can be in the Philosophy forum. What matters is the context, and someone who doesn't understand it well will get confused, or apathetic. That's the problem.

9. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

I disagree. I think it would be great. I don't post in WE&P that much, so really, I'm going to tend be a little less bias than the people who post there. I don't think my political party should matter, and I don't really care what everybody elses is.

I have knowledge of politics, everyone with an opinion has knowledge of politics. I have the touch of moderation powers, and the experience that comes with them.

Vote sanity, vote Coffee.

10. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

I wont nominate myself because I am biased: I am Muslim, Arab and anti zionist.

I suggest you choose someone who is :

A- Not Islamophobe

B- Neutural in the Palestinean-Israeli conflict

C- Not pro-American, it will be nice if you have non american moderator, Canadian will do.

Thanks.

11. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

A- I am not Islamophobe.

B- I am Neutral in the Palestinean-Isreli conflict.

C- I am neither pro nor anti american.

But I don't want to moderate; i hate to die of exhaustion.

12. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

If this thread is still valid a voting poll should be set up in SFOG.
    Multichoice would be nice

Hey you know what why don't I set it up? (because Porfiry would kill me!)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2004
  13. Undecided Banned Banned

don't post in WE&P that much, so really, I'm going to tend be a little less bias than the people who post there.

Again lack of experience will be a detriment not a viable point. I on the other hand knows how WE&P works, I know how to tolerant to intelligent discussion. I wouldn't trust myself to mod. anything else because I would be way to ignorant to even attempt, and when you have politics, you have to have in depth knowledge. How do I know, because I have seen these things before, someone who barely posts in WE&P simply cannot recognize the subtle messages.

I'm going to tend be a little less bias than the people who post there.

That cannot be proven, I could have a disinterested will as well.

, everyone with an opinion has knowledge of politics.

That is not true, and anyone who regularly posts on WE&P will know that the axiom presented is exactly the problem WE&P has.

If you want true political experience, and disinterested objectivity, and new ideas you can vote for me. If you want the same ole WE&P and complacency, vote someone else.

14. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Like Proud_Muslim said, (s)he wants someone non-bias. I am non-bias. I only look to enforce policy, not change the topic of debate or edited someone elses opinion because I simply do not believe it.

To say that I don't know how WE&P works, is retarded. Just because I don't post here that often doesn't mean that I don't read whats here. I have been on sciforums for almost three years now, and I pretty much think I got this place down to a pat.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2004
  15. Undecided Banned Banned

I did not underestimate you nor have I attacked you, so don't call me retarded or my policy initiatives. But there is a systemic problem in WE&P, and I don't think you have the background to confront it, you simply don't seem interested to the needs of WE&P community. Does that mean you would be a bad mod? No, but I do think it would make you into a apathetic moderator quite quickly. Now I take this into offence:

not change the topic of debate or edited someone elses opinion because I simply do not believe it.

I have never even said or insinuated as such, what I have said (and what has been done on WE&P before) is enforce substance, how could someone who has little practical knowledge on politics be able to discern such things? It’s like putting a civilian in charge of a division, eventual disaster. Enforcement here is way too low to allow the same old status quo to continue, which you seem to be advocating. If you want change, real change, better discussions, and respectability you know who to vote for.

Sci-

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

has to end!

16. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

I agree that sci-spam, as you have called it, has to end. I am part of the old regime, and I know whats wrong in WE&P. You say you have more experince than me? I call your bluff. Three years almost, count my start date in my profile: 10-20-01. If I could of moderated the WE&P section a year ago, I would have. I can't though, mods have to be voted to power. There has to be a demand.

I know WE&P like the back of my hand, this isn't the same game if I get elected, this is an all new game. Besides, look at the title of this position: co-mod. You take orders from Goofyfish. You can't be a rouge in this position.

You will not get the same crap with me, I will edit people, I will close threads, and I will do my job as I have done since I became mod of scifi.

P.S. I did not attack you, you are reading my words in a hostile manner because we are engaged in debate. I did not call you retarded, I called what you said retarded.

17. Undecided Banned Banned

You have been here for 3 years that is really exemplary; do you have more then 650+ posts in WE&P, what is your propinquity for coming to WE&P? What are the credentials you have to show the people of WE&P apart from the 3 years? I have much to back my name, vast majority of my posts are in this area, it is my homepage, I know the characters on this site, I know at the very least the basics of many of the world issues, I will be a objective mod. by reforming this stagnant portion of the sci community, and bringing long needed integrity to this place. I know WE&P just as well if not even better then you. My track record simply shows this to be true.

You will not get the same crap with me, I will edit people, I will close threads, and I will do my job as I have done since I became mod of scifi.

Right now this is mere rhetoric care to explain under which circumstances?

18. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

This is the last call for nominations. I'll start the election later today in the SF Open Government forum.

19. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Well I will make sure to nominate myself again.

20. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

Posted by Undecided.
    You've been a member of this forum barely three months compared to CC being here for three years. He's got approximately 5 times the number of posts that you do. How do you know this forum better than him?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

21. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I’ll bet the winner has the highest (or second highest) post count!

Please Porfiry make the voting multi-choice, I don't want to have to vote for just one person and have to again choose a loser, I take it very personally you should have seen me after the 2001 presidentials.

22. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

multi-choice seems like a good idea. i forget why they don't do that for general elections?

23. Eluminate Registered Senior Member

personally bad language is ok , we should be able
    to curse and use it freely. I nominate anyone who
    would keep the freedom of speech in tact in its broad
    sense

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.