CNN Airs Sniper-Snuff Video

Discussion in 'World Events' started by mayagaia, Oct 22, 2006.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Nonsense, people knew the war in the Pacific during WWII was brutal, and I think they would support it all the same. It's just that it's difficult to see your soldiers getting picked off in an occupation that was ill-planned and unnecessary.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Roman Banned Banned

Wars that we have the guts for are the only wars worth fighting.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. baumgarten fuck the man Registered Senior Member

Well, shit. I guess if aliens invade, we could always challenge them to a game of basketball.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Roman Banned Banned

Or Hell's Legions.
    Is the threat of alien invasion a plausible reason to kill people?

[edit]
    Americans are spineless cowards anywhere. A bunch of bankers and businessmen with a mercenary army. Leave war to real warriors.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Right. If Americans really believed what they say, they would be over in Iraq with their pickups and guns overwhelming the terrorists with their numbers. I bet there are more guns in Idaho than in all of Iraq.

9. baumgarten fuck the man Registered Senior Member

Well, what do you have in mind exactly? Accuse someone of being an alien sympathizer and kill them? Accuse someone of being an alien and kill them? Scream "ALIENS HATE OUR FREEDOM!" and, without further explanation, kill them? Kill a Mexican?

You have to hand it to the government for getting away with as much as they have when even their own mindset resembles, "o shit we almost lost a single battle im scared!!11 roflchopterz" Add the inarticulateness of the president and the constant distraction of all those smooth-skinned, revealingly dressed pages and you've got a real accomplishment in the face of adversity. They ought to celebrate by hosting a publicly funded bipartisan circle-jerk.

10. LeeDa Danger! Read with caution. Registered Senior Member

Arrrrrgh, the aliens are invading arrrrrgh.

11. terryoh Registered Senior Member

Get the hell out of here with that!

So the news is only supposed to show the good scenes? Where is the reality in that? Showing a bunch of US soldiers getting sniped isn't enemy propaganda or liburul media being anti-American.

In fact, showing that stuff is important, because it shows the harsh reality of the war in Iraq.

People like you are the ones would've chosen to hide all those gruesome photos of Vietnam thanks to us Americans. People like you are the ones who would've chosen to hide all the pictures and videos of the poor Japanese who were scarred for life after Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

None of that is propaganda. It's just showing the truth. What good is news if it ONLY displays one side of the story?

If we were to hide the bad and only show the good, what would be the difference between American media and, say, North Korean media? Or Iranian media? Or Chinese media? NOTHING. There would be no difference. What makes us better than their media is that we have the freedom and CHOICE to watch both the good and the bad of our great country.

People like you support dictatorial spins and lies in media.

12. mayagaia Registered Senior Member

Right- The terrorist's are producing and promoting the sniper and beheading snuff videos not to help in recruiting jihadis and demoralizing their American enemy but simply to provide an unbiased truth about the reality of war.

All those gruesome photos of Vietnam were a primary reason we lost the war in Vietnam and now CNN went a step beyond by airing pictures that were made by the terrorist enemy with the specific intention of demoralizing our U.S. troops and citizens.

If you are too dense to recognize this as propaganda is pathetic but CNN is guilty of the greater sin since they aren't equally stupid but deliberately chose to help the enemy cause. To repeat the bottom line- why do you think the terrorists want to promote this snuff-video? Duh!

13. terryoh Registered Senior Member

HUH? Does watching that stuff make you want to become a terrorist or does it make you hate terrorism more? If it's the former, stop watching the news. Any intelligent and mature viewer would understand that watching our brave soldiers getting sniped is a gruesome reality that we must face, and should, in fact, make us want to eliminate the terrorists even more.

Besides, showing our soldiers getting sniped isn't promoting anything. There is a difference between what CNN shows and what the terrorists produce in their own garages. If you fail to make the distinction, please stay out of current affairs and politics until you can actually handle it like the big boys do.

In other words, you want to spin what the media shows and ignore all the bad stuff that goes on in the world? As I said before, if that's the way you feel, what's the difference between our media and Iranian or North Korean media? They do the exact same thing. They don't show the bad to their people, only the good.

Unlike you, I don't want to lie to the American public. I think they're strong and intelligent enough to take the BAD and the GOOD that comes out of our foreign policy. You, of course, think otherwise and prefer insulting the American public and dumbing them down with daisies, roses, sunshine, and a beautiful cherry on top.

Look in the mirror first.

You don't see the futility in your argument?

Answer me this, since you choose to ignore most of my points anyway:

DO YOU CHOOSE TO LIE TO THE AMERICAN PUBLIC BY SHOWING ONLY THE GOOD AND HIDING ALL THE BAD NEWS (LIKE THE NORTH KOREANS DO) OR DO YOU ACCEPT THAT AMERICA IS SMART ENOUGH TO SEE BOTH THE GOOD AND THE BAD?

Answer me that. I already know your answer, but I want you to personally insult the intelligent Americans on this site like you want to do.

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I suppose the counter to that is the airing of videos starring US soldiers kicking ass. Look on Youtube, that stuff is common there.

15. te jen Registered Senior Member

War - if you can't stand to look at it then you shouldn't be paying for it or voting for it.

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

OK, I'm not going to pay any more taxes.

17. mayagaia Registered Senior Member

Regarding your effort to rationalize the irrational-

There are two words you do not seem to understand the definition of.
    Propaganda: media content that recruits your cause and damages your enemy.
    Terrorism: a tactic of guerilla warfare that employs physical and psychological terror indiscriminately against both civilian and superior military targets while finding refuge within a civilian population.

Put the two together- Terrorist Propaganda as in CNN airing a terrorist snuff video.

At the risk of overloading your brain with logic...the recruiting component of the propaganda is aimed at the millions of Muslim youths who watch CNN's global network already convinced that it is a good thing to kill the "evil Americans". A video of the supposed "evil Americans" being shot by freedom fighters inspires them to join the jihad and kill some Americans too.

The psychological terror component of the propaganda is aimed at Americans- the great majority of whom are poignantly aware of the horrors of war and naturally react with fear, weariness and depression watching graphic scenes of our troops getting killed. Of course this makes us "want" to eliminate the terrorists even more but the terrorists know that by keeping up a relentless campaign the human inclination is to do what the French would do- surrender.

To argue that the alternative policy to not showing terrorist snuff propaganda is- "insulting the American public and dumbing them down with daisies, roses, sunshine, and a beautiful cherry on top." is simply bogus as evidenced by the ample amount of realistic coverage the war is afforded.

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I think the danger of not showing a realistic picture of what's happening in Iraq is much more dangerous than showing it.

The scenes of US soldiers getting shot could have propaganda value in OUR favor as well. It might evoke sympathy to see them getting murdered in cold blood. It might provoke anger in Americans and thus more support for the war.

Aljazeera shows much worse stuff. The con outrage at CNN is just a continuation of their war against the media and truth in general.

19. mayagaia Registered Senior Member

Spidergoat- You're simply repeating the same dubious point already made:

Just wondering if most of your 8000+ posts actually make an original observation?

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Could it be argued that CNN was reporting ON propaganda, not simply passing it on for propaganda purposes? Didn't they edit out the most shocking part, and thus eliminate it's intent?

They also report about political ads. Does a story about a political ad constitute an ad itself?

21. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Interesting position, Spider: but does al-Jazeera report on US soldiers hammering islamic terrorists?

Geoff

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I think so. They report everything they can get their hands on.

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member