Civilization 3. OH MY GYAD

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Pollux V, Nov 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mech_The_Muon No, not Moron you twit! Registered Senior Member

Civ 3 is way to boring, at least IMHO (which I'm sure no one wants

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)I love to manage every thing, mainly combat. As such, I'm very good at RTS, and I vastly prefer them to Civ 3. If I really felt the need for a turn based strategy, I tend to play Heros of Might and Magic and Age of wonders. PS, my fav strategy for Civ 3 - go to war with the first Civ you met. repeat. hehehehehehehehe happyness level at around 20, science as high as it can go, at least 2 troops in every city.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Right, this damned mandatory turn thing is REALLY annoying me. Can anyone tell me for sure what I have to do to get that biatch off!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Thor I'll send you the program I got or the URL for it when I get home. You can tell me if it works...

I'm so happy with my game right now. I'll post the map in a few hours. I'm playing as France on only one continent, and my vast empire of pink stretches from one end to the other. I've vanquished three other foes, and left one to be a buffer state between me and Japan, the second-strongest nation in the world. After I defeat persia (which is inevitable, since they don't have tanks and I have synthetic fibers finished in one turn) I'll invade my ally america and wipe their stinking filth from MY continent. domination will be mine.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Right, I figured it out.

Before the game starts I put 'allow domination' and when it comes to 2050 it asks if you want to play for a few more turns

8. Eli Z Registered Senior Member

It always asks that when the game ends, whether you win or lose. It has nothing to do with having Domination Victory on.

2050 is simply the mandatory end game year.

9. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

It didn't ask me that until I clicked on Domination. Serves me right for not buying the game

10. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Right, I was just getting in a quick 5 minutes of Civ3 and when one of my Modern Armour Units tried to move through a friendly city that was garrisoned by another Modern Armour unit, they both attacked each other resulting in ones demise. Why the feck did they attack each other??? Is it the beginning of a civil war?

11. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Just friendly competition, that's all.

Probably a bug. I think something similar happened to me once.

12. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Right, since posting that, it has happened everytime I move a unit through the same city. Could their be a revolt in the midst?

13. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Bringing back a thread

Does anyone just have some pointers for playing on regent? I just can't keep up with the other civilizations techno wise

What's the best difficulty any of you have beaten?

14. Eli Z Registered Senior Member

15. Balder1 Registered Senior Member

This game was such complete and utter crap. Endless micromanaging, no gratification, and no fun. It's just tedious and pretty addicting. The AI is so terrible that you have to do everything yourself. A good turn-based strategy is Alpha Centauri. If you can get past the strange graphics, it's way better than Civ 3.

I'm looking forward to Master Of Orion 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.