City Revives Paddling, sees major improvement in Behavior

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by madanthonywayne, Apr 17, 2010.

1. sifreak21 Valued Senior Member

No way i dont know how you can come to the conclusion that i support beating a child spanking and beating are 2 complete different things. if the object you use leaves brusing on the child its a no no i would thing. but as i did state a line needs to be drawn. as of now there is no definate line so its up in the air but parents who beat there kids should be in jail or putin the ring with tyson

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sifreak21 Valued Senior Member

for the time being bells. there is no line drawn between abuse and spanking use your common sence to figure out where that line is and dont cross it.

you are the one who stated i didnt exhause all other options. so im asking you to inform me what i missed. you have yet to do so..

i can take ever sinle one of the studies linked and will do if you wish.
    reword it to say studies have shown that spanking has no long term effect cuz not one study linked had 100% of the study group have long term effects. nore can they say wih 100% positivity the effects came directly from spanking and not from abuse at school being called names ect. and im 100% sure that a portion of thoes studies the children who were spanked had a positive effect as in they stopped doing the behavior so no its not a moot point.

to your example the teacher left marks bruises and scars that is abuse and she should be punished for that, but that has nothing to do with spanking that is what we call abuse. had she used it correctly you wouldnt have scars or bruses of any kind. that being said i wouldnt allow a teacher to lay a hand on my child. but this topic was derrived from parents who wanted it so that is a moot point as well.

and it doesnt prove that spanking leaves long term effects.. it does prove however that abuse does.

the bottom line here bells is that 1. there is no defined line between abuse and spanking.

as for copral punishment i will not have anyone outside my family lay a hand on my children.

3. this whole thing is people who dont spank telling the parents that do spank that they are bad parents. which is complete bull#@$%

i would venture to guess that 70% of this form was spanked and i gaurentee 100% of thoes that were spanked dont have long term problems. so all of your links you post dont prove anything besides everyone is right.

as for your adult with a disibility story.. you keep throwing a bunch of random crap in you cannot compair a compitent child to a 50 year old with the mindset of a 5 year old. you cannot compair an adult to a child

“ Research now supports what parents have long suspected—that the teenager’s brain is different than the adult brain. Recent research by scientists at the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) has found that the teen brain is not a finished product, but is a work in progress. Until recently most scientists believed that the major "wiring" of the brain was completed by as early as three years of age and that the brain was fully mature by the age of 10 or 12. New findings show that the greatest changes to the parts of the brain that are responsible for functions such as self-control, judgment, emotions, and organization occur between puberty and adulthood. This may help to explain certain teenage behavior that adults can find mystifying,
    such as poor decision-making, recklessness, and emotional outbursts. ”

http://www.actforyouth.net/documents...olbraindev.pdf
    thanks to mcgyver in "Why shouldn't a ten year old be allowed to drive?" which was derived out of this topic i assume

my children would be spanked when all other options are exhausted as i have stated in almost every single post thus far

Bells
    "Go to the legislative site of your State and look up the definition of assault. And then examine carefully what happens when one spanks a child. Assault does not have to cause long term physical harm to be assault. Nor does it have to cause mental or psychological harm."

This is the last time i am going to comment on this. as i have every single post thus far. You are compairing adults to children they are NOT the same

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.