Christian's beef with Atheists

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Redefine91, Feb 17, 2007.

1. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

It's the same system in Finland. Naturally that made me curious. Are all these people atheists who are too lazy to unregister? So I have been asking around. Most are believers just on a very low level: 'there has to be something'. Some are atheists.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

yes, everyone should take statistics with a grain of salt unless we have access to all of the data gathered in the study, the wording of the question, ect.

for example, a survey could say: are you 100% certain that god is real (yes, no). in which case a lot of people would probably mark no, though they are still religious. however, a different survey could say: are you an Atheist (yes, no). which would likely give you vastly different results.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

The same place Christians, Muslims, Hindus, and Cargo Cultists of Melanesia do: themselves.

You aren't seriously that ignorant are you? Satan is a judeo-christian god. Atheists have no gods and since satan requires that christian mythology and superstition be accepted as genuine, no atheist gives any more credence to satanism than any other christian cult.

Again, you seriously can't be that ignorant. Only the most ignorant and under-educated of the followers of a given religious cult would believe they have a monopoly on morals and ethics.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kendall ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

"Originally posted by Cato
    the way you worded that makes it very confusing. how is a person a Christian if they say there is no god? so you are saying that you think that atheists really know there is a god but they say there isn't? if that is what you are saying, I think you are mistaken. I genuinely do not believe in a god."

Kendall-I have heard more then a few christians say they do not believe in god, and some make fun of people who believe in god or are religious, I guess they are not christians then are they! Are they atheists? Tell me what you believe as a atheist? Do you believe in right and wrong, good and bad and truth and lies.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  8. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

these are my "nut-shell" definitions, I am not sure what category your friends fall into.

9. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Interesting point. IMO, I think there are many people who 'claim' to be christian, more so out of habit rather than religious belief. I'd like to know the statistics of people who 'claim' to be christian, who really don't believe christian doctrine.

The adherents web site gives worldwide percentages of those declaring their religion of choice. Christians came in at only 33%, but I am convinced that percentage of worldwide christian population is skewed and is probably much less than 33%.

10. Kendall ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

I am not looking down on atheists its just that I notice that a lot of people who I would not trust have a bit of a fascination with making fun or mocking religion and the idea of god and they often exaggerate there side and under-emphasize the other.

11. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

well, in their defense, there are plenty of Christians who do the same to atheists =]. "godless" is often used as an insult.

12. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

God will reap his vengence on you for even questioning religion. You will die!!!

13. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

So will you shit head!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!