christians and jews, do they believe in each others' prophets?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by scifes, Dec 6, 2009.

1. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

You never change. its perfectly coherent.
    You mean facts?
    ??? you mean after you post on your profile saying I am being a dick and that I don't what a bigot is( i its someone like you who is prejudiced against peoiple do to race ethnicity religion gender age sexual orinatation) and really your going to whine about this after your have continuely trolled my vistor page by calling me pjfood. So I am not allowed to defend my self from your bullshit but you get to troll. well its consistent with your ussually double standard arguing.
    ITs not anti semitic to point out a reason and like most radical pro Israel people you've made anti semite into a meaning less phrase.
    harass?? if you mean refute bad arguments thatn yes and inane arguments sorry you have a problem I want the law to be followed in respect to Israel and am willing to argue that point but that's not inanity. inanity is thinking you know more about than they do od themselves.
    ?? than clearly you haven't been reading my posts. and their is nothing Inane about my posts. Just because you can't or won't understand them or hate that some one would dare attempt to correct falsehoods you utter doesn't make them lack meaning or sense.
    I'm not an athiest. and your right I only a confirmed catholic who spent 12 years in sunday school, and went to christmas mass every year for 25 years(I'm 25 this year) but your right I don't know anything about christianity and you as a jew who hates chistianity and has appartently basing their opinion on evgelical christians and jewish scholars who base all they know about on them and not more mainstream not extreme christians know every thing about.
    only reason I have done so is you have previosly made comments about my spelling and grammer.
    I support ann coulter and her views?? what fucked up alternate reality are you from I despise coulter with a passion. One of the reasons for the comment you say I supports. and secondly getting info from coulter is stupid.
    you probably would. you strike me as the type of person who would violently attack someone for being able to poke holes in your beliefs.
    can't don't believe in hell. I later in life rejected the abrahamic faiths, mainly for the inhernet violence and condoning violence you seem all to willing to embrace, for the neo pagan faiths.

now you childish, self abosrbed, and self rightous twit next time you want to rant and rave about something know what your talking about. You don't know shit about christmas, christianity, or me.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. krazedkat IQ of "Highly Gifted"-"Genius" Registered Senior Member

Uh. It WAS Jews and Gentiles that he taught, many Jews decided to keep their religion. Get your facts straight.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

But he's quite right: you don't understand what bigotry is. You sling it about in dearth of trying to understand what the other person is saying. It's not uncommon, I suppose, but neither is it commendable.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

No he's not. I understand what it means and yes i understand what people are saying. he's wrong and so are you. bigotry is prejudice against a person or people do to their race,ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orinatation, age, and and/or nationality which both of you too show.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Strictly speaking he only taught Jews and considered himself one.

9. mike47 Banned Banned

Secular ?. How ?.
    No religious festive is secular is it ?........

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. krazedkat IQ of "Highly Gifted"-"Genius" Registered Senior Member

Yes, but he did talk to the gentiles...

11. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Illustrate your evidence, then. Or retract your libel.

Is your damnation of theists - well, only of Jews and Christians - bigotry? Have I attacked Islam, or Muslims, or anything other than conservative interpretations of Islam and their proponents? Try. Come on, it should be easy. 20 questions. Try it.

It amazes me that anyone claiming to such a death grip on reality should have such a tiny comprehension of other people, their actually documented arguments and beliefs.

12. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

libel? nice first is true second their no intent to malign your chracter

I have made my displeasure of other faiths including islam well known. and yes you have

your as bad as cheski waah waah you don't understand me or what I am saying and than you show your complete ignorance about the person your talking about.

Their is no point in engaging you any longer it just gives more chances to do what you do best troll and derail threads.

13. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

All right, I confess. I confess that I have not the foggiest idea what this sentence is meant to convey.

Both lies. Next.

Nothing trolling about demanding an apology about maligning my character, or disputing your basic grasp of facts.

14. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

We have no idea. They were written down after the end of his alleged lifetime.
    The Jews' rejection of the alleged person of Jesus is not documented. There are absolutely no records of his existence, of any of the events associated with it, or of anyone's reaction to it. The figure of Jesus only turns up in writings made after he is said to have died.

The most charitable interpretation of this gigantic vacuum is that it wasn't until after his death that people began to say, "Hey wait a minute, was that dude the Messiah?" And someone else replied, "You mean the guy whose mother was a virgin, the one whose corpse was reanimated? Wow, you could be right. It all fits together. How come we didn't think of that at the time?"

I guess there were so many virgin births and revived corpses in those days that this particular one didn't get any news coverage.

If you're saying that Jesus could have been an ordinary mortal and the stories of the virgin birth and the resurrection are fanciful apocrypha after the fact, then you're taking my second option, which is that Jesus may have been a real person but his story is exaggerated. As I said, this could be true. In that case the Jews would have erred on the side of skepticism and not believed it.

Biblical scholars say that most of the first Christians must have been Jews, based on the demographics stated and implied in the New Testament. However, the New Testament was not written until afterward. The only written accounts of the events upon which Christianity was founded are in its holy book, and they were not written until quite a few years afterward.
    This is a place of science and you are guests here whom we tolerate so long as you behave yourselves. Referring to people who adhere to the scientific method as "ignorant" is not a good way to have your invitation renewed. You have all the rest of the world's websites on which to discuss your fairytales as though they were true. This one is ours and we call fairytales metaphors.
    In that case you have foresworn science so you have no business here. Every hypothesis must be supported by evidence and you just admitted that you have none. Nonetheless you are welcome to stay so long as you restrict your antiscientific banter to this one subforum, where the rules of SciForums are relaxed.

Nonetheless this exchange illustrates the usefulness of allowing religionists to speak here. This post has answered our question: There truly is no evidence for Jesus's life or any of the associated events, and that is why Jews (and many of the rest of us) don't believe the story, much less convert to the religion that is based upon it.