Chosen People = Racist Supremacist Ideology

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Brian Foley, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i cant count how many times i have explained the traditional jewish interpretation of the "chosen people" idea.
    i dont care to do so anymore.

please ban brian foley, mods.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

well can you direct me to the explanation?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Every group wants to believe they're the best.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

He has done it here
    Yet he wont elaborate with any biblical or Torah verses to validate his approach to this chosen people concept .
    How about offering up an explanation for these verses , you afterall readily voluteer your opinion on Islamic matters why not here ?

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Yawn...ok. Already clarified what the analysis means. I considered Jews to be a race in the genetic sense before I saw the data, but the data indicates that they are a 'race', best case, in the sense that they're a culturally distinct group with marginal breeding isolation. I was wrong in my assumption about Jewish genetics, but then again I'm not into human genetics. Crawling out of what, exactly?

I'm pleased you noted that I've only been here a little while and already pwning you.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You big sweetie. I think my membership's from December or November, though. Meh, whatever.

On this thread, dipshit. If you want to call those statements racist, then the Jews by definition have to be a race in your argument, since you claim they're excluding anyone not of the Jewish "race".

And then, of course, it follows that your constant belabouring of them is racist.

Heh - can't have it both ways. Off you go: lick some cane toads before they're all gone.

Actually it proves you can't rub two neurons together. Lemme see...16 million Jews worldwide. Yeah, their world domination is real likely. I can't say I'm too scared. Moreover, it says God will give them all this, not that they should go out and chop off the heads of infidels unless they capitulate or convert. It doesn't say, for example, "strike at the necks of the unbelievers" or mirror the subtle fascist message of Q 2:256. There's a world of difference between the Judaic passages you cited and islam.

Seriously, I fail to see how you can be so dense.

Geoff

9. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

it is a cultural interpretation of the idea of being a "chosen people".

i am not going to offer scriptural justifications because i am done arguing scripture with people on the internet, and i dont wish to seem "holier than thou" on a religious matter. i see all religions as being valid, as do almost all followers of judaism. you do not know a thing about the religion, but you spout your ill concieved opinion on a subforum that you once criticized me for frequenting. hypocrisy, anyone?

no follower of judaism interprets "chosen people" to mean that they are favored above anyone else. if you knew anything about the actual practice of the religion, you would know this. as it is, you only wish to defame the practitioners of any belief other than your own, which is deplorable.

brian foley=bigot.

ban brian foley, please.

10. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

So you finally agree with me and mountain that Jews are simply a loose confederation of converts consisting of many different races , nationalities and cultures .
    No I never said anything of the sort on this thread , I have not said it was racist I said it was a supremacist ideology . Now I would like an explanation why you don’t find these verses offensive .
    God did tell them to take it by force and murder the inhabitants its completely within Exodus 6:2-3 please read it .
    And some more :
    Yes it does ! What examples would you like of Biblical and Torah verses which speak of such actions ? Tell me and I will provide .
    Sounds like to me you are fucked on this thread .
    Another cop out , you haven’t the mettle to engage me in a debate about religion you are a straw person .

Last edited: Mar 28, 2006
  11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

As far as I know, Moses said it.

12. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

Moses only wrote up to the first 5 books of Exodus .

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Hmmm, it sounds like God is describing a special relationship with these people because they have acted like He wants them to. It's not like the Jews all get together and decide what's in the bible, it was written a long time ago. They can't just change it, either. I mean, we all know ham isn't that bad for you, but many Jews still won't eat it. They do alot of things just because it's traditional.

Most Jews that I know don't have an enflated ego about it, in fact they seem to be the most self-critical people around.

Sure, this passage may seem to justify living in Israel, but it's interpretation may be questioned. In Judaism, there are places where they all debate what things from the Torah mean. I saw it in Yentil.

14. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

it is obvious that you know absolutely nothing on the subject.
    exodus is ONE of the books in the torah, the torah is not called "exodus".

from here on out, you should stop pretending to know what you are talking about, and go back to your fucking redneck shed for the daily circle-jerk with cousin jeb and uncle zeke.
    might give you incentive not to open your mouth anymore. remember what happened last time you opened it in front of those two?

'nuff said.

mods, will you please ban brian foley?

15. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

yentil...haha. nice.

16. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

1) There is no such thing as race.
    2) Yes some Jews are racist but so are some Christians and some Muslims.
    3) I know some Xians that have converted into Judaism (like The Devil Inside) but I don’t know if the majority of Jews think this is OK or not OK.
    4) Also, I know some Baptist (The Taliban of Xianity) that think the Jews are a race AND the chosen people and would be seriously confused to learn a Xian converted into a Jew. They’d simple say the converts aren’t real Jews and ignore any subsequent questioning.

Michael

17. Harlequin Banned Banned

Racial differences exist, Michael, regardless of whether or not you've been indoctrinated to think they don't. Rather than watching cutesy little adverts regarding white and black kids sharing a hug complete with tinkly sweet background music and forming your opinions based on what makes you feel better, do some bloody research.

18. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

no no no no

I think that "race" was a term that had meaning when people that "looked" differently "spoke" differently "ate" different foods, "worshipped" differently, "celebrated" differently etc.. then sure someone would say that those two peoples were of different "races".

For example, pre-WWII it was the norm in America to think that Poles, Germans, French, Italians were all different "races".
    Now we don’t think that ….. do we?
    The Chinese think China has 54 different "races" of Chinese. Does it?

Is there a racial difference between Germans and French? Between Tibetans and Hong Kong Cantonese?

As a matter of fact some people confuse the term race with religion, geography and nation.
    I`m of the Jewish race (confusing religion)
    I`m of the Japanese race (confusing nation)
    I`m Asian (confusing region)

I told a Japanese once she was Aisan. She said, no I`m not I`m Japanese.

The term “race” had a lot of meaning 200 years ago but not now.

Define "race".
    What is it?
    How do you measure it
    ?

Lets say there is a Chinese/Indian couple and a African/French couple, whose children marry and have a child who then converts to Judaism. What is that childs race?

Michael

19. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

No, that is incorrect. Occidental and European Jews and Palestinians have very low genetic differentiation. However, this group appears to have stronger genetic differentiation with other groups nearby, including European. The now-falsified "Khazarian Levites have high Y-chromosomal introgression, therefore all Jews are a 'loose confederation of converts' " hypothesis failed of its own merits when it was noted by me that the Levites comprise a tiny percentage of all Jews worldwide - perhaps 1%? The vast majority come from the (landholding) tribe of Judah and to a lesser extent Benjamin, which are not implicated in the above hypothesis.

So, no, I don't agree with you, in any way. Believe me, Foley: agreeing with you is the very last thing a person of intelligence would want to do.

Why is it that you struggle so hard to achieve: nothing?

Your argument was that they were racist - ergo you think that the Jews are indeed a race. It seems that you need to convince yourself of your own supposed point: that Jewish people are not a race. I have no idea where you're going in this respect, and I suspect that you have no idea either.

And they're still doing this? My understanding was that the present situation arose because local Palestinians got angry over Jewish immigration and failure to submit under sharia. Of course, your position is that it's all the fault of the Jews, because your daddy couldn't wrap his head around the fact that the current troubles began long, long before he arrived and that the Jewish immigrants were responding in kind; long even before he was a glint in the milkman's eye. It's funny how short-term exposure to limited circumstances prejudice views, eh?

Provide what you like; then, illustrate how such messages are meant not as historical reference; then, cite how Jewish people are using such passages to justify their actions.

Geoff

20. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

The Jews believe only they have a special relationship with God which excludes Gentiles . And the Jews believe their God ends up making these gentiles the slaves ,whilst the Jews rule the world and all the worlds races and nations from their capital in Jerusalem .
    Who wrote the Bible God or man ? You talk here as if you actually believe this Bible was written by God himself . The Bible is mainly a rip off from other religions stories such as genesis came from the story of Gilgamesh and samson from the Egyptians .
    Self critical , could youn give me examples of this self criticism .
    Could you discuss the verses I quoted and tell me what you think of them.

21. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

No you have no idea I have and another poster have tried to engage you on this and :
    This was your answer :
    A cop out , you have no idea how to argue this point , because you have no scripture knowledge , so the matter is closed .
    I meant first 6 chapters of the book of the exodus , besides you arent Jewish so why would it bo ther you and secondly before I forget :
    Now this will be the last time I answer you .

22. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

No , it is completely a retraction and stand down from your assertion here :
    Plenty here agree with me , there is a concensus here now on sciforums that we a dealing with an idiot called GeoffP .
    I dont think so , on here alone I have accomplished yet again showing you caught out contradicting yourself . I ahve to wait for mountainhare to see this and join in , he is at uni studying , dont worry if ever someone has made himself look a total Arsehole its you .
    I know where its going , once again 7 posts from GeoffP and true to form he has not even touched the verses i quoted in my thraed .
    Yeah , how many Palestinians have died since 1948 ?
    Ahhhh , for starters isnt the Jewish claim to Israel a Biblical claim ? I mean you can read here how Israeli Jews are doing just that .
    Savvy ?

23. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

banbrianfoleypleasebanbrianfoleypleasebanbrianfoleypleasebanbrianfoleypleasebanbrianfoleypleasebanbrianfoleypleasebanbrianfoleypleasebanbrianfoleypleasebanbrianfoleypleasebanbrianfoleypleasebanbrianfoleypleasebanbrianfoleypleasebanbrianfoleypleasebanbrianfoleypleasebanbrianfoleypleasebanbrianfoleypleasebanbrianfoleypleasebanbrianfoleypleasebanbrianfoleypleasebanbrianfoleypleasebanbrianfoleypleasebanbrianfoleypleasebanbrianfoleypleasebanbrianfoleypleasebanbrianfoleypleasebanbrianfoleypleasebanbrianfoleypleasebanbrianfoleyplease

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.