Child Psychopath

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Orleander, Oct 5, 2008.

1. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Lock him up.

Before you get angry, that's not meant as a punishment, it's to keep him somewhere he cannot hurt others.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

VI, that's what I said, except why lock him up? Execute him, and then we don't have to waste resources and facilities.

Not as a punishment, but as maintenance

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

This is not correct and many a cat owner has had the mundane experience at home. Have you never seen a cat torture a mouse or bird for a long time before killing it.

This is an overgeneralization. Many predators kill and forget where they stashed food. Animals are known to kill and then simply walk away. They kill if territories are crossed.

Dolphins, for example, will even rape other members of their own species.

You are idealizing animals.

Tell that to members of a pack. Social animals definitely have rules and expectations around regard, respect etc.

Factory processes speak against this 'we' you are talking about. There have been some better recent trends but 'we' have very mixed practices in relation to this.

We have many hunters who hunt for fun and for the trophy. As one counterexample amongst many.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Not only he's idealizing animals, he's not accepting that he's an animal as well.

8. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

Asguard,
    I have to agree with
    John99 here.

There are many people who own snakes. They go to the store buy baby mice and even adult mice and drop these in the tanks with their pets - because certain snakes, perhaps most, will only eat live food. The rodents - mammals - are terrified and get crushed to death.

Are these snake owners sociopathic?

Look I agree the kid has problems, in fact serial killers tend to be cruel to animals when they are children.

But I want us to stop pathologizing small portions of the world and start noticing how widespread patterns are and also to take responsibility for where we accept or even demand pathology.

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

It's disgusting that they have to mention how much it cost them. I understand they are concerned with the cost of the situation but it hardly seems the right place or moment to bring it up.
    I guess in the end it's just business..

10. Enmos Valued Senior Member

The tendency to see animals as objects or things that are for your own benefit, and if not are a nuisance, is what's wrong with the world. Kids do pick up on that you know..

11. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

Maybe he's just really smart. Ever thought of that? :\

12. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Are you talking about me ?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

To everyone. I actually hadn't read your opinion when I posted that. He's smart, he understands life is meaningless, and only something which exists. He can see things from a purely objective view point, searching for knowledge by conducting experiments. He seems perfectly fine to me.

15. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I couldn't disagree more. He doesn't seem to have any understanding of life at all.

16. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

And if he experiments on you?

17. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

Betrayer of Hope,
    When you read this
    and responded with this:
    you can simply think of Norsefire as an experimenter like the kid. You know life is meaningless, etc.....

18. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

I was just surprised Norse would say something like that. I thought he was for morals and junk.

19. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

His morals are sometimes absolute and very harsh. Not a lot of grey area. But now I understand the emoticon.

20. Balerion Banned Banned

His morals are best described as "Texas Evangelical". Basically, kill the fags, and keep the blacks out of white bathrooms.

21. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

'Course I'm for morals. Torturing animals isn't very moral, don't you think so?

I feel that society would be alot better off if we would just be willing to do the dirty work. Compassion, sometimes, is a weakness.

22. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Regardless, you came to the wrong conclusion.

I value life highly, especialy human life. However, this does not mean I value all human beings equally, or that I even value all of them.

The cold-blooded, twisted, evil, and corrupt, I don't value much, if at all.

I value the willing, the hard-working, and the well-meaning. Not the vicious criminal scum.

23. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

I was pointing out that his incredible flexibility when it came to the kid should also apply to you. I did not think you were an experimenter or thought of yourself that way.