Casual Sex

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by NeoBeetnik38, Mar 26, 2003.

1. NeoBeetnik38 Registered Senior Member

Who beleives in it and why?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spacemanspiff czar of things Registered Senior Member

well, my personal view is that there's nothing wrong with two consenting adults agreeing to make it short and sweet

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I wouldn't do that sort of thing all the time, but there may have been a girl or two in my past who's names escape me, or that i never captured. But only a few.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. NeoBeetnik38 Registered Senior Member

Then I guess my question is this. Is premarital sex ultimately harmful to future relationships? Keep in mind that we are humans, and consequently retarded.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spacemanspiff czar of things Registered Senior Member

premarital? no. perhaps excessive random sex can be. but sleeping with one woman before you're married won't screw anything up. why would it?

the important distinction shouldn't be married or not, it should be relationship or not.

8. NeoBeetnik38 Registered Senior Member

But heres my reasoning. Weren't you there to see a generation of hippis going on about free love, and then several years later after a rough marige ending it in divorce? I don't know about you, but the message I got out of that is: Love is not free.

I think there may be something people are missing in the early stages of a relationship that they replace with sex.

Thoughts? Comments?

9. Krassos Registered Senior Member

Casual sex and pre-maritial sex are 2 different things. Casual sex is simply sex, no emotional attachment. It's just a physical activity. Too much of anything that is purely physical can be potentialy harmful.

Pre-maritial sex can encompass casual sex. But on the other hand it can also be with someone with whom you have formed a relationship. You're enjoying each other, which in my opinion is perfectly fine.

10. Xev Registered Senior Member

Cherry.

Considering that everything in the universe is "purely physical", the implications of this statement are - interesting.

11. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Xev,

I think that he's one of those people that have to touch it, and see it, in order to believe it. So it just doesn't exist to him, maybe?

12. Xev Registered Senior Member

Wow.

*Imagines a life where sex didn't exist*

*Thinks*

*Screams and runs to hide under her bed*

13. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

Perhaps, but that is only a result of conditioning over millenia to reinforce the concept that having sex with someone other than your partner is a "betrayal". My experience has shown that even those who purport to believe in casual sex carry deeply hidden wounds when their partner actually acts on that belief, regardless of what they say openly. If that belief was not there, then sex would be an entirely different concept than it is.

14. NeoBeetnik38 Registered Senior Member

Come to think of it, causual sex wasn't really what I wanted to argue about. Pre-marital sex, or alot of other thigs. D@mn, where to begin.

15. temporary_illusion Goatgirl Registered Senior Member

Hmm..I guess it's up to the people involved to decide =)
    Although I don't personally agree with casual sex..

I think it is something sacred..It is more than just a physical thing.. It is emotional, mental, and even spiritual as well.
    It's not something that should be taken lightly =)

16. NeoBeetnik38 Registered Senior Member

I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to get back to this when I've had more time to think out how I want to word it.

17. Krassos Registered Senior Member

temporary_illusion -

Sex is the means for re-production(just for anyone who fell asleep in health class in jr.high). That's it and all it is. The act of sex is fun, and it's been a favored passtime for humanity for the last 50,000 years. Need proof? Once apon a time there were 2 people, now look at how many there are.

Sex can manage to gain an emotional value. But it's not nescessary to be in love or what-ever to enjoy sex. I'm along the lines that sex isn't spiritual, or emotional, it's just a romping good time. If you wait for marrige for sex, fine, more power to you. If you want to have sex before marrige, also fine.

Xev, you can always get the hot Stanely Tweedle loving.

18. NeoBeetnik38 Registered Senior Member

But, could it be ultimatly healthier to wait?

19. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

Of course it would. The Neanderthals didn't wait for marriage before they had sex, and look what happened to them!

20. spacemanspiff czar of things Registered Senior Member

what makes marrige so special? I mean the important thing is the realationship between the two people. You can have a good one with or without marrige. getting married does not mean that you have a good relationship, maybe at least you think you do. maybe a better way to ask that is should one wait until one is in love or in a serious relationship or something like that. being actually married is of little importance.

21. Krassos Registered Senior Member

How do you know that they didn't breed into the other human population?

22. M. R. A. Registered Member

First, I think that pre-marital sex is not only beneficial for a relationship but quite necessary. Taking a philosophy that I've adopted from a friend, a relationship requires three things, or a triangle need to be sated in order for it to be successful. The success I'm talking about is life partnership, marriage, etc., not something directed toward sex. The three sides of the triangle are emotional, intellectualy and physical. The important aspect is balance which is subjective from couple to couple.

Now as far as premarital-sex is concerned, I believe marriage to be something that is truly sacred and not to be taken lightly. Another words, I'm not a fan of divorce, I think it shows great failure in person. So, holding marriage in such high regard, I would not gamble a third of its success. Meaning, if I am striving to find the perfect partner, then I'm going to make sure everything is as satiable as possible. Would I "dump" a woman solely on the fact that she wasn'tt good in bed, no, but I would try and remedy the situation. So after much thought, yes, I believe in pre-marital-sex.

23. ~The_Chosen~ Registered Senior Member

At an evolutionary viewpoint, sex is more important than life itself.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

There is nothing wrong with casual sex, if you are good in bed-you will be wanted.