Cars that turn people into arrogant idiots?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by lucifers angel, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Don't be absurd, most teens can't afford to buy and be insured on such cars. Most of the people who drive those cars will at least be in there mid 20's and probably be going on to middle age if they aren't there already, and of the many that are business cars you usually have to be at least 21 for insurance purposes along with having a degree.
    I suggest you focus your anger at older drivers instead of taking the easy option, all these teenage drivers doing this and that, it's a wonder I see anyone else on the roads.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

sorry but where i live most accidents are caused by younger teenage drivers

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Till Eulenspiegel Registered Member

G. F. Schleebenhorst

I've owned lots of cars during my life; '47 Lincoln Zephyr, '57 Chevy Belaire, '62 Impala convertible, Karman Ghia convertible, VW Bug, '63 Corvette convertible, '58 Eldorado convertible, 2005 Mitsubishi convertible, 2000 Mercury Mountaineer, '88 Jaguar XJ6, Hudson, '98 Pathfinder, 2000 Honda Accord, and a few can't remember at present.

Among the worst was the Jaguar. The electrical system was a joke and the car spent more time in the repair shop than in my driveway. I will never again purchase a Jag.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

The statistics have a habit of saying whatever people want them to unfortunately, one minute it's high powered cars that cause accidents, then it's teens, then something else, all things that logically don't fit together(for instance teens are less likely to drive high powered cars), it's pretty exclusive of one another.
    It's like the one about 4x4's being the safest type of car, but the statistics don't mention that only applies if you're inside it.
    From my observations carelessness causes accidents, lapses in concentration, and people in large cars who think because their car is bigger they can do what they like as you'll have to get out of the way. Whilst teens might be the most inexperienced, I think the very old are more likely to experience lapses in concentration - forgetting to indicate for example.
    Essentially whatever is wrong with your personality, be it forgetfulness, self-importance, or just generally not giving a shit about others, you're not going to change that much by getting in a car.

8. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

oh yes you do, my husband even changes, but i will admit that he is considerate of road users and pedestrians

9. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

So what changes, he is more aggressive? Anything else in life make him more aggressive?

10. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

no hes not more agressive in afct the oposite, he is to calm in fact!!

not that we got a high powered stupid car, we have kids so we dont need one.

11. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

I guess what I was getting at is there are probably other things in life that have the same effect on him, so his personality probably isn't that different really.
    Very strange though being more calm, I find all social interaction provides amusement but also the people that are a pain in the ass, driving no exception.

12. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

he just softens up when he drives, honestly though, we have more laughs in the car than at home.

and we just got:

13. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Just tell him to cycle on the pavement....no one gives a shit, and it's 100 times safer. If he is courteous to pedestrians there shouldn't be a problem.

14. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

I actually find when driving a big car that I think "I'll never fit down there" and let people through first. Probably helps that I have a big relaxing auto. Maybe it's just the gear tugging high-revving types.

15. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

All British cars have shitty electrics. Jaguars made after 1990 or so are pretty reliable though, and the engine is built like a brick shithouse. One of the smoothest in the world too.

I always wanted a 72 Impala convertible like in Fear and Loathing.

16. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Do they make those in beige?

They should.

17. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

I’ll admit being rude to youngsters (i.e. chavs) as well as whores. I have very little respect and patience for them. However I always stop and give way to children, women and the elderly.

It’s true that some people behave like lunatics when they are on the road. Van drivers are the worst in my opinion, most of them are extremely aggressive, impatient and rude. They don’t give anyone a chance. I remember this one time I was having a lesson, I think I was doing about 40mph (the speed limit) when some van driver tried overtaking me, as soon as he went into the wrong lane, I sped up so he couldn’t turn back into my lane (imagine the look on the guys face!) then my instructor slowed the car down using his brakes. (There was no oncoming traffic in the other lane)

Range Rover drivers can also be quiet bad.

18. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

It is rude not to use those gestures.

When it comes to manners, London drivers are the worst. I can't stand them.

19. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

I can't wait til these stupid things go out of style

They are ugly, loud as hell, and everybody that drives them thinks they have the most powerful cars on the road.
    Guys who drive these always do lots of weaving around lanes, and drive far too recklessly.

20. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

They should be illegal on the road!

21. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

They may sound louder, but they are still the same 4-piston engine on the inside.

22. Till Eulenspiegel Registered Member

Florida drivers are not only rude, they are stupid. They drive at half the speed limit in the passing lane, cross three lanes of traffic without signaling when they want to turn off a road, never signal when switching lanes, wait at least twenty seconds after the light turns green to begin moving their vehicle.

I spend summers on Long Island and winters in Florida and the one thing that really gets my goat is Florida drivers.

23. sandy Banned Banned

Tell that to the cops I pull out of ditches in snow storms. Tell that to people I get to the hospital when the ambulances can't run. Tell that to the desperate people I run errands for in bad weather. Tell that to anyone but me.

Hummers are AWESOME--especially the ones with machine guns on top!! :xctd:

http://arcweb.sos.state.or.us/state/mil/pics/91hummer.jpg

:yay: