canaan or Palestine,or is it eretz yisrael?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by j.a.g, May 22, 2009.

1. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Yep. That's the way I read it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I'm not sure of your meaning here? Are you saying might makes right and therefor Europeans (that happen to be of the Jewish faith [many Germans]) have the right to take Palestinians homes?

I don't get your meaning?

What next? Blankets with smallpox?

I can almost see something similar happening in the future, probably wiping out most of humanity all over some bullshit mythical bullshit. To imagine that IF a Palestinian converted to Judaism (something I would do if I were Palestinian) they can move freely into Israel, probably buying thier old home back?!?!? What a f*cking bizzaro world they live in over there....

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

how could they buy back their old home? the Israelis probably bulldozed it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John99 Banned Banned

just curious, how did the British accomplish that? especially in the late 1700's... sounds to me like another myth. anyone can answer that?

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  8. swarm Registered Senior Member

Small pox covers your body in oozing sores and the pus collects on your blanket and can infect the next person to use it.

The small pox on blankets debate is quite lively. There are some letters from a British officer which suggest it was tried at least once as a weapon.

For the most part though it seems mainly to have been accidental infection.

Most of the problem diseases like small pox are extremely infectious and people just didn't understand the spread of disease well back then, even the educated let alone trappers, missionaries, traders, soldiers and other assorted riffraff, er, I mean "settlers."

Even once the fact the you could use cow pox as an inoculate was discovered, the lack of sanitary conditions meant your inoculation was likely to go septic and kill you.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

That worries them

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1087979.html

10. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

It seems so interesting that someone who claims to be so anti-religion would favor the conversion to a particular religion. It probably has to do with the fact that Jews are now accepted by Westerners as 'white' while Muslim Arabs are seen as colored. Racial animosities seem to be the cause of most of the friction here.

11. John99 Banned Banned

i never thought about that.

12. swarm Registered Senior Member

Its hard to imagine today when plagues haven't struck in most people's life times just how devastating small pox and the other diseases like it used to be.

It was a devastating disease which killed many and left the survivors horribly scarred. The sores would get infected and you could easily die from sepsis or lose a limb from gangrene.

http://www.bt.cdc.gov/agent/smallpox/smallpox-images/smallpox1.htm (graphic pic)

13. swarm Registered Senior Member

Jews local to the area and arabs are indestinguishable racially.

14. swarm Registered Senior Member

You know, that might be fun. Convert to Judaism long enough to pick up Isreali citizenship.

I wonder if their retirement and social services are decent...couldn't hardly be worse than here.

15. swarm Registered Senior Member

Acquisition of Israeli Nationality
    Acquisition of Nationality according to the Law of Return

On the establishment of the State, its founders proclaimed "...the renewal of the Jewish State in the Land of Israel, which would open wide the gates of the homeland to every Jew...." In pursuance of this tenet, the State of Israel has absorbed survivors of the Holocaust, refugees from the countries in which they had resided, as well as many thousands of Jews who came to settle in Israel of their own volition.

The Law of Return (1950) grants every Jew, wherever he or she may be, the right to come to Israel as an oleh (a Jew immigrating to Israel) and become an Israeli citizen.

For the purposes of this Law, "Jew" means a person who was born of a Jewish mother or has converted to Judaism and is not a member of another religion.

Israeli citizenship becomes effective on the day of arrival in the country or of receipt of an oleh's certificate, whichever is later. A person may declare, within three months, that he/she does not wish to become a citizen.

Since 1970 the right to immigrate under this Law has been extended to include the child and the grandchild of a Jew, the spouse of a Jew, the spouse of a child of a Jew and the spouse of a grandchild of a Jew. The purpose of this amendment is to ensure the unity of families where intermarriage had occurred; it does not apply to persons who had been a Jews and had voluntarily changed their religion.

An oleh's certificate may be denied to persons who:

engage in activity directed against the Jewish people;
    may endanger public health or the security of the state;
    have a criminal past, likely to endanger public welfare.

http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/MFAArchive/2000_2009/2001/8/Acquisition of Israeli Nationality

So there you go. Convert and move and you are in!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

No big deal, unless you are religious.