can you tell me why!

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by lucifers angel, May 28, 2007.

1. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I don't know ...millions of years of raising kids seems to have gotten us this far in life. Yet, have you noticed the increase in problems with kids today? Perhaps there's a connection, huh?

Until his little ass is so red and painful that he can't think of anything else!

And what if he simply won't let you ground him or take away his computer? What if he does what he's been doing all along ...defying you? What then?

Baron Max

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

the problems with children can also come from having just one perant figure around.

and when you ahve got ADHD children smacking them doesnt make a differance, you will just end up getting frustrated.

and has for the computer thing, take away the power lead i do and it works, i take away the x box and all the other gaming machines they have.

a while ago my oldest son was suspended from school for changing the schools wikipidiea page, (it was stupid and also very dumb of him because he signed it when he was done) now when the headteacher called i made sure taht my son had nothing to play on for a whole week and he ahd to work in the garden he was sore, but he hasnt done it again.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

ok look buddy...

on tv tonight they have on abc...

a spelling bee.

alot of smart kids.

how do you thinK it is that those kids are so smart?

perfect A's.. doing calculus... playing the piano..

at 12 years old..

how does that happen?

is the kid a genius?

or did the parent give the child the right toys.

toys like piano lessons.

training like learning algebra at 5 and 6 years old.

you say its one kid out of three.

probubly the youngest.

wants attention... from you.. from them.

learns... from all of your examples.

what is that example?

when i was a child... i had severe ashma... severe... so i was always calm and not very active..

and as a child....

every time i felt good, and young and healthy and full of energy, and i could breathe normally, and i would run alittle faster, or make alittle more noise.

my family accused me of being hyperactive.

was i?

no.... i was healthy.

they were just used to me being ill, and slow.

-MT

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i do give my child the right toys, and NO i never gave him any differant attention from his brother and sister, he gets punished just like they do when he is abd, he gets praised when he does things good, i know that this would come down to be a witch hunt on bad peranting, i guess i didnt expect anything else from people who have no expierience with ADHD/ADD children.

8. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

you could be right....

what do i know.?

let me ask.... do you apply effort to teach them reading / writing and mathmatics??

or do you leave that up to the schools??

if you do.. leave it to the schools.... then you will be disappointed....

leaving it up to the school... may require things like drugs.

schools dont have patience for excitable kids.

thats why they want you to put them on drugs.

if you were the teacher... you.. would have patience.

-MT

9. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

yes i do apply effort to teach my kids at home, i make sure they do they're homework and even call the school to see if they have any, and i make sure that they get homework. without over stressing them.

and my childs school is the best school he has ever been to, he has been given the extra help and he is doing really well, he still needs help with being with other kids, and knwoing how to share, and doing things for himself, but i hold my hands up and say, yes, he had a sister and brother who did most of the things he wanted to do for him, and perhaps i couldve made sure he did more for himself, but i am not a bad mum, i know i have down falls who has a perant doesnt?

10. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

its very diffcult... no doubt.

and so.... you think drugs are the answer?

yah know... signing your kid up for tae kwon do.... can do wonders.

discipline... personal strength... personal self image...

a can do attitude...

-MT