Can we create heaven on Earth?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Norsefire, Feb 8, 2010.

1. sandy Banned Banned

Nope. No Heaven on earth. Heaven is where God/Jesus' kids go when they die. It is a place of perfection. As long as man has free will there will never be perfection on earth. We can make the best of our time here by having good/positive thoughts, ambition, desire to help others, self-responsibility etc. I started the same way my neighbor did. She is broke and living in squalor in a hellhole now. I am not. My thoughts and who I worship are the only reason I am what I am.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. baftan ******* Valued Senior Member

Any "constructed" environment, even if it was "Matrix-like", can not be fake. Some sort of software manipulation, energy requirements, codes and many other small or big application and process is required. No system can work without its existential "realities".

So with or without other humans, there is no heaven for conscious minds; not in this universe. Humans are not the only elements who turn life into some unbearable chaos; the rules of nature (if nothing else; atoms are decaying) have bigger impact on what we call "the existence".

We don't need any default heaven, not our species, no... It wouldn't satisfy us. We need more control in order to maximize our manipulation over things. No heaven could match the level of satisfaction that we get from "knowing and controlling" things.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ahem embrace simplicity Registered Senior Member

If a perfect world/environment could be manufactured, it would only have effect on the current generation it was made for.

The next generation wouldn't realize its perfection without the experience of imperfection. If the following generation had to attend world history classes in order to realize their good fortune of living in Perfect World, it would be tainted by empathy or guilt.

The knowledge of imperfection to the next generation would be similar to Adam and Eve eating the fruit from the tree of knowledge in the Garden of Eden.

Uh oh. Here we go again. <wink>

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Of course. Last time I checked I was a human.

8. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Will ther be free-will in heaven.???

If you coud program a simulaton of a fantacy you desire... woud you... an woud you make use of that simulaton.???

9. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Yes... wit that scenerio... perfecton woud soom degenerate.!!!

But in my creaton of perfecton... any "off-spring" woud also be a part of the simulaton... ie... instilled wit whatever necesary to cause happyness.!!!

wink-wink bak at'cha

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It woud still be a dog-eat-dog world... is that perfecton in you'r eyes.???

10. Enmos Valued Senior Member

So what is it that you want to get rid of?

11. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Originally Posted by Enmos
    Get rid of humans

You didnt answr my queston.!!!

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I'm trying to by posing you a question.

13. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

that's it get rid of dogs

14. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I'm all for it.

15. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

we might not have the same notion of what exactly it is I mean. But yes of course I would take the offer, it's like 30 years of mental work in an instant - sounds good to me.

16. baftan ******* Valued Senior Member

Who wouldn't? However, my point is this: How will we power this simulation? What type of software will it use (I mean, what "Microsoft" will hold the power?), what type of relationship will be established between this software and my existence dependencies (aka "reality")? You see, I question the price or burden of this pleasure.
    Otherwise we would endlessly drug ourselves and "enjoy" the simulation.

17. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Originally Posted by cluelusshusbund
    If you coud program a simulaton of a fantacy you desire... woud you... an woud you make use of that simulaton.???

Those who are close-minded/frightned/superstitious :shrug:

Thats a very reasonable concern of a thankin person... but for the sake of this discusson... asume that ther is no "catch"... that eternal happyness coud be made avalable to all... woud you want it.???

18. sandy Banned Banned

I don't know. I do know that those of us going will be blissfully worshipping Jesus/God and probably won't care about anything else. We will be on permanent highs.

19. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

As a temporary diverion, sure. As a permanent state, no way.

That is not exactly true. Evidence suggests that having children reduces the happiness of couples, yet most do and most imagine that the opposite will occur, that children will be a source of happiness rather than a net loss. Relatedly, many people strive for a "relationship" as the end all be all thing that will make them happy. While the evidence is not as bad as it is for having children, it still suggests that being in a relationship is net neutral effect on happiness. There are good times, balanced out by really bad ones.

Humans are notoriously bad at judging what will make them happy, and we acclimate quickly. If you won $1 billion tomorrow, you'd be ecstatic. After a few months of living with the cash though, the thrill of it would be gone. After your tenth bottle of Cristal, you'd start to view is as the "new normal", lesser products might then make you unhappy, but an 11th bottle of Cristal would leave you thinking "meh, this okay, I guess."

We are, as a species, not designed to be happier that our baseline for extended periods. Every person, meanwhile, has their own baseline. Some people are naturally jollier or depressive, and in the long run that is damnably hard to change.

Fake struggle, you mean. Who programs and maintains these simulations, by the way? I want his job. He's the king in the word of sheeple who want to hide in their sad little simulations.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  20. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Will ther be free-will in heaven.??

How happy is that thout... on a permanent high blissfully worshipin Jesus

BTW---I sent you a frind request.!!!

A-Man.TTT

21. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

If you coud play a "simulaton-game" whare you coud esperience anythang you disire an it woud seem "real"... woud you do it.??? ”

...i dout that even you intentionaly choose paths that lead to un-happyness.!!!

That agrees wit my pont... people dont tend to intentionaly choose un-happyness.!!!

Edit:::
    What i had in mind but didnt make clear... [people dont tend to "knowingly" choose un-happyness].!!!

Esactly... but my version of eternal happyness woud over-com that human trate.!!!

Good questons.!!!
    Each person coud design ther own "simulaton" (sad if they wanted... lol)... esactly the way they want it... an it woud all be "fake" but seem perfectly "real".!!!

Each simulaton woud have a beginin a middle an a end... you coud run the sam simulaton over an over an it woud be jus as enjoyable time after time.!!!

As you read these words... you mite be in the simulaton you created.???

Why woud you not choose to feel the way you want to feel as a permanent state.???

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  22. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

cluelusshusbund - if one person described paradise, and then were offered it - how often would the person refuse it? Never.

I think you unearthed the secret to selling vacuum cleaners. Is that what you're doing here? If the next thing you say is...

"And what if I told you I could give you exactly that. With 3 easy payments, do you want to talk more? (PM me)"

23. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

And what if I told you I could give you exactly that. With 3 easy payments, do you want to talk more? (PM me)