Can we change space into matter?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by NietzscheHimself, Jan 19, 2012.

1. wlminex Banned Banned

MD: I have NO problem with THAT visualization . . . . .

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Motor Daddy Valued Senior Member

Good, so certainly you can visualize that there are more objects in space than just our universe? Certainly you can visualize that our universe is orbiting a more massive object in space, along with many other universes orbiting that same body, and that our universe, as well as the other universes orbiting that body, all came from that body and continue to get further away from that body, just like all objects came from their core and continue to get further away.

Mass evolves to space.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wlminex Banned Banned

Sorry MD . . . 'certainly' have to disagree with your summation. . . I have no problem 'visualizing' your scenario . . . just don't agree . . . IMO, your 'space' does include the universe . . . but also the 'energy' matrix from whence the material (observable) universe has evolved . . . and is evolving. I can't 'buy-off' on the multiverse idea(s).

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Motor Daddy Valued Senior Member

You don't have to agree, no problem. You can lead a horse to water...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

My "space" is all inclusive, infinite in nature. Yours, on the other hand, is a gold fish's idea that his small tank of water is everything. Little does he know that his tank resides in space, which is full of other objects, literally an infinite amount of objects in an infinite volume of space.

So sad your view is. So limited in scope Einstein was...

8. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

So full of it you are.

9. Motor Daddy Valued Senior Member

Such an educated response. Please answer the questions I asked you instead of posting meaningless garbage.

10. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry MD, I can't do that.

11. Motor Daddy Valued Senior Member

Of course not, because your scope is limited like the gold fish's scope is limited. Einstein isn't here to proclaim more BS so you are at a dead end. It must really suck being limited to the ideas of someone else, not being able to think for yourself, always being told what to think. I pity you.

12. wlminex Banned Banned

. . . Well . . . at least Arfa and I have something in common . . . . the 'goldfish view'!

My view re: space-universe, etc - has more in common with:

“Concerning matter, we have been all wrong. What we have called matter is energy, whose vibration has been so lowered as to be perceptible to the senses. There is no matter.” Albert Einstein

IMO . . . The so-called 'infinite' portion of space is "energy", from whence mass (observable universe) has evolved . . .and IS continually evolving.

13. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

Infinite volume infinite mass... Now your starting to think outside the box.

Let's say that "thoeretucally" the core of the singularity known as the whole universe actually lies at the extremities. The largest body of mass encircles us all. The force of gravity from this core pulls equally on all sides of any object. Galaxies far apart from the one your in would always appear to be accelerating faster than closer ones.

like if we were to stretch a black hole out. The self contained horizon would convert enough space into mass to make sure the density isn't lowered to an amount light can escape. So the space expands in between the horizon and the mass held by the hole. When the space becomes sufficiently large. It's gravity pulls on the energy intrinsic to mass. The mass spreads because it has more space to move in. It begins to take different forms under different amounts of pressure.

So you move a volume of anything into a different pressure and it will change.

14. Motor Daddy Valued Senior Member

Because you were told to think that. You were lead to believe that "gravity" is this mysterious force that "pulls" objects together and creates more massive objects as a whole, such as the current mainstream view of how the earth was created.

What a load of garbage!!!!!

Mass doesn't come together to form larger objects of mass, larger objects of mass evolve to space in accordance with the second law of thermodynamics.

The earth came from the sun! All the mass surrounding a black hole came from the black hole. The solar system IS the sun expanding. The galaxy IS the black hole expanding. The universe IS the singularity expanding! Mass evolves to space!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  15. river

by energy

its not mass into energy , its energy into mass

thats what the Universe is about , high energy , into lower energy states

16. wlminex Banned Banned

THERE you go! . . . . "converting space (sic, unobservable energy) to (sic, observable) mass . . . the thread topic!! I agree . . . . just have a little different 'take' on the process/mechanism involved . . . .see my thread in Alternate Theories.

17. Motor Daddy Valued Senior Member

Wrong way, the universe is about taking a piece of wood and burning it and turning it into energy by means of evolving mass to space. You can't reverse that process. Impossible.

18. Grumpy Curmudgeon of Lucidity Valued Senior Member

Motor Daddy

Not to be contentious but you have a flawed view of what space is.

What erupted out of the Big Bang was spacetime, it is FINITE and unbounded and it and the Universe are one and the same and inseperable. We see matter in the Universe but there is much more of that Universe than that which we see(visible matter constitutes ~4% of what is actually there). There are three dimensions of space and a half dimension of time(I say a half dimension because, unlike the three whole spacial dimensions we can only travel in one direction in time, toward the future. Or, as many physicist think of it, toward higher levels of entropy). There is nothing else but the Universe in spacetime, spacetime is a component of the Universe, having been created at the same time as the Universe and having no existence "outside" of that Universe. Space and time both were created with the Universe.
    "Warning, rank speculation ahead"
    As to that half dimension of time thing, I personally have a hypothesis that the other half is what you find within the event horizons of Black Holes and the only place you can go is back to the Big Bang in a short circuit(IE you can travel backward in time, but there is only one destination you can travel to). This completes the explanations of Relativity while at the same time avoiding any paradox such travel would entail if it happened in this Universe(that within an event horizon is no longer part of our Universe, leaving behind only it's gravity, charge and spin). But then, I could be wrong.

Grumpy

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. wlminex Banned Banned

. . . . I think you may be "burning wood" in YOUR 'goldfish bowl'

BTW: I am only TOLD what to think . . . . by my spouse!!(<--humor here)

20. Motor Daddy Valued Senior Member

First you need to define your initial conditions.

Do you understand what volume is? Do you understand what an object is? Do you understand what mass is? Do you understand what density is? How about distance? and time?

Start with volume. What is volume to you, and what is your concept of there being no volume?

21. wlminex Banned Banned

MD: "and what is your concept of there being no volume?"

h-m-m-m . . . . no volume? . . . perhaps no dimensions (3D)? . . . perhaps a 'container' of zero 3D dimensions . . . that contains 'nothing'?

22. Motor Daddy Valued Senior Member

Wrong. It is impossible for there to be no dimensions. Infinite distance is inevitable, like infinite volume is inevitable. Infinite distance and volume are by default. There is no way or concept to do away with them. You do not create distance and volume, they are infinite and inevitable!

23. OnlyMe Valued Senior Member

No kidding!