Can War be Stopped?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by dbrey33, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

I'm sure Sun Tzu wouldn't mind . . .

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

There are far more intellectual methods of solving disagreements than war. To claim that all humans are warlike is fallacy. All idiot humans solve disagreements with war. All intellectual humans solve disagreements intellectually without violence.

Logical fallacies are not equivelant of logical proof.

Irrelevant. This is illogical proof. It does not prove that humans are warlike whatsoever. Do you even know anything about logic? Stop using this as part of your proof because it doesn't work.

I have yet to see even the slightest form of reasoning that war/violence should not be abolished. That it is in anyway a great and intelligent activity to proudly continue.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I don't think humans are so much aggressive by nature as they are defensive.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Will humans always partake in war? NO.
    Is war part of human nature? NO.

Why are you making a huge issue of these 2 simple facts?

8. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Humans by nature mean all humans. Any thing in human nature is something that all humans do disregarding exceptional abnormalities. For example, eating. Eating is part of human nature. In all samples, there exist exceptions that do not like eating. Those are abnormalities.

Not all humans like war and violence. War and violence are not part of human nature. This is not the same thing as eating. The claim that it is normal to like war and violence, and not liking it is an abnormality. In fact it is the other way around. Healthy intelligent humans by no means need war and violence. Using war and violence means you have psychological problems. If you like war and violence, it is not because war and violence is in your nature. It is because you are a semipsychotic retard with brain issues that neeed to be dealt with.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You're projecting.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

A lot of people are very aggressive and single minded without a pang at the consequences of their actions.

There are also a lot of good people, however very few of those make it to the top of the food chain.

Last edited: May 19, 2007
  10. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

But it only takes a few violent men to cause conflicts and wars. Denying that fact is just hiding your head in the sand.

Baron Max

11. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

If you are going to keep claiming that war and violence are not a disfunction, but part of a healthy functioning intellect, there has to be some reasoning. Fine nothing we are talking about here can be proving empircally, but at least give some better examples about what is so great about war and violence. Stop claiming BS like. Oh we have done it througout history, and are doing it now - - Therefore, war and violence is a great healthy part of our nature that is so wonderful and practical. That argument is so jackasstic, it is not even woth considering. Stop using logical fallacies, and give us some practicality. What is so great, practical, and healthy about war and violence?

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yeah, but we can't talk about those people, Sam, cause it just ruins everyone's beautiful and wonderous pictures of the perfect world! You don't want to ruin people's dreams, do you? ...LOL!

Baron Max

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Survival of the fittest in the war of limited resources.

14. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Fine, let's make the claim that those individuals are disfunctional. That still doesn't answer what the hell you're going to do about them ....and still claim some high ideals of freedom for all, and other such bullshit.

Baron Max

15. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I WOULD LOVE FOR ALL IDIOTS AROUND HERE TO SHOW ME WHERE EXACTLY I DENIED THIS, AND HTF IT CHANGES ANY OF THE FACTS I PRESENTED.

16. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I didn't say these people did not exist.
    Hell, I didn't even say they were not the majority.
    What I DID say was that humans are not that way by nature.

17. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Sometimes I am convinced that Luke Licker is a mildly retarted 12 year old boy, pretending to be living on his own.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I disagree; people use knowledge to make bigger guns as much as they use it to make less fences.

Perhaps in the future, when we are forced to live in an even smaller world, we will learn to find nonviolent ways of reaching an agreement; based on history, however, I doubt it.

19. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

It pains me, Sam, to agree with you .....but I do. Oh, god, that hurts me to say that!!!!

Baron Max

20. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Both are used to protect themselves from perceived dangers.

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Now tell me, Lix ....doesn't that very post show how angry someone can get ....just because of a few words on a screen? Geez, if you get that angry at words, what would you do if I hit you in the mouth with a big club?

Baron Max

22. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Possibly...?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

He would attempt to protect himself - he would react defensively.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.