Can Sound Waves Boil water at overunity efficiency with specific frequency of sound?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Sci-guy, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

If the microwaves can enter the sphere why do they bounce around inside instead of exiting?

Sounds apocryphal and unsubstantiated. And an amphora is one one of these: it's a vase.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And you asked me to "proof" to you I was educated.

Another unsubstantiated story.

If the inner surface reflects microwaves how do they enter without being reflected?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. vortex pei Registered Member

yes thats right a vase , and it it right it is unsubstantiated, but hopefully a clue, but I thing it was out of bronce and dont know what shape.

in my experimental microwave THe place where the beam entered into the insde cooking area, had a cardboard cover with a reflecting plate the i removed , the card board caught fire and i took it out worked fine after

the place where the beam would enter the sphere would have to be waterproof , maybe glass or plastic , whatever works best in vitro

opening on top covered with aluminum window screen

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. vortex pei Registered Member

the beam would in my opinion keep bouncing around because of the charged steel ball acting as the another cathode, in the inside magnatron , there are resonate chambers, from there the waves via a magnet effect bounce from the cathode , in simple terms i call cathodes electron disturbers , same as a picture tube anode and cathode cause rapid electron exitation at high votage

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Hilarious.
    You do know what in vitro means don't you?
    Apparently not...

8. vortex pei Registered Member

within glass , experimental process , there you go educated boy, girl from the sesame street peanut gallery, or is it vulture , or are you one of the 57 documented species of humanoid aliens , .or little green marsians or sombody peed in you cornflakes this morning , and are now angry , but listen buddy , you are bitter and what makes you feel better is to poop on someone elses roof or idea or opinion or anything else , BECAUSE SOMEBODY HAS TO PAY FOR YOU BEING MISERABLE, i hope you take that to heart , dywyddyr

9. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Huh? Your woo is showing...at least you spelled Dy's name right.

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Didnt mythbusters do this one?

11. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Um, microwaves heat the water because they are attenuated by the water molecules. If they just bounced around in the vessel they wouldn't heat anything. If they were absorbed by the water causing an increase in the translational kinetic energy of the molecules (I just like saying that phrase) then they wouldn't bounce around.
    So in short - WTF are you talking about?

12. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Nope.

Ha ha! I think we should keep you. You're lovably gullible.

I'm not angry.

Nor bitter.

No. What would make me feel better is less arrant stupidity in the world. Or at the very least on SciForums.

The way we all have to pay for you being ignorant?

13. lightbeam Registered Senior Member

This has to be one of the most entertaining threads I've read.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  14. BWE1 Rulers are for measuring. Registered Senior Member

I sing a really high note but the kettle always breaks.

15. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

oops

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  16. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

oops

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  17. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

The way to reduce loss of energy due to evaporation is to prevent the evaporation. For example, use an insulated pressure cooker. The rest of the energy loss is systemic, in other words, due to inefficiences in the system itself. An acoustic heater, like a microwave oven, enjoys the benefit of having less system losses than a wood burning stove, for example. Water resonates remarkably well in the microwave band, by the way. You can get a microwave pressure cooker that resonates a lot less than water, apparently passing through just about all of the energy generated in the oven. I have one and it works quite well. Also, please note, there is no such thing as overunity efficiency.

18. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

wow . Still on the same quest . That is devotion .

19. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Yep, because a quest against ignorance never ends. Hopefully, somewhere along the way, someone will learn something from my efforts.