can someone explain somthing about sleep to me

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by ashpwner, Jul 31, 2007.

1. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

Hi, i was wondering this alot lately i have had trouble sleeping for exapmle i couldent sleep all night but at a certian time eg 6 a clock im wide awake as if i've had the full out hours rest does anyone know why this is?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. allisone417 i'll be in my room Registered Senior Member

Sometimes our bodies can compensate for lapses in our sleep/wake cycles. You probably felt really shitty around 11. But without knowing any more about what you were doing, its hard to say.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

sorry what do you mean at the last part?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. original sine Registered Senior Member

Well, the question of what you have been doing before you sleep is a helpful indicator as to why you can't sleep. What is your usual schedule like? I might wake up at 12pm and stay awake until 3am. What do you do during the day? Are you active, or sedentary? Meaning, do you regularly engage in physical activities and exercises, or are you more of a passive observer, watching television, reading books, sitting around, using minimal energy...?

There are other factors that might delay your ability to get a restful sleep. Eating habits, the things you do immediately before bed (like reading), or the way in which you sleep. Any additional information you can provide will probably help others in assisting you to resolve these problems.

8. vslayer Registered Senior Member

i find that i feel most refreshed after about 6-7 hours sleep. i can easily get back to sleep and have another 3 or 4, but i find i feel like shit after sleeping in for some reason.

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Same here, and its really annoying.

10. DanceAndExplode Fear me, for I am Death. Registered Senior Member

i dont know why but the other night i only had one hour sleep and i felt so awake the rest of the day.. it didn't disturb my sleeping patterns either because i fell back into them quick, and didn't feel bad or sleepy at all..
    i found it really easy to get up in the morning too, whereas when i have the recommended 8 or 9 hours i feel totally lethargic and can't wake up..
    its all quite confusing huh? lol

11. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

yea, but in response to orginal ni i'm not very active but i have cut out choclate completly and now am leaving on 3 meals a day and that is all do you think that may have anything to do with it

12. draqon Banned Banned

melatonin. buy it and use it.

13. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

same for me, my son had me awake all night and because my husband drives for a living its not fair to have him stay awake all night, but i fealt really awake and happy and playfull, but by 9:00 that evening i felt like crap!! both myself and my son slept around 12 hours that night.