Can Men & Woman Be Friends?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by sderenzi, Nov 13, 2006.

?

I choose

1. Men Can Be Friends With Woman

78.0%
  2. Men Cannot Be Friend With Woman

24.4%
  3. Woman Cannot Be Friends With Men

12.2%
  4. Woman Can Be Friends With Men

73.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Why would you waste your energy posting I don't care?

If you don't care, why even read what I post? Go read a book and educate yourself.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Sandoz Girl Named Sandoz Registered Senior Member

Hahahaha, oh my God, I can't believe you wrote that.

Are you this thick? Go back and read my post.

I still don't see how anything you're saying is relevant to anything. Again: yes, living a good life is better than living a bad life. Thank you for pointing that out. I'm real better off now.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Good life and bad life depends on the people you surround yourself with. They are who makes up your life.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Sandoz Girl Named Sandoz Registered Senior Member

No. I make my life happen.

But I understand what you mean (although you could've said it in a less abstruse and sanctimonious way). Yes, the people who surround me are important. But don't worry, I have friends and people who support me. I don't plan on dying alone.

8. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Your definition of I is not we, therefore you do not exist to us, only to yourself.

What this means is, if you do not recognize that family exists, and that other people matter, they will not recognize you either. I'm not exactly sure why you'd want to be in a world without friends, without love, without family, without any of the "good" things in life, but perhaps you prefer to remain inside and focused on yourself physically.

That's fine if this is how you want to percieve the world, but it's very limiting.

You are limiting yourself to your physical body. You are limiting your definition of I, you will be unable to see yourself in others, or connect with people if you don't surpass these limits.

It's in your best interest to move beyond your limits, because in order to be a part of "us", you have to lose the "I" part of yourself. Seriously, it's worth it, it actually feels good to know someone cares about you. You don't want any of this?

I'm not even talking about dying alone or whatever. I'm talking about the experience of connection, it's IMPOSSIBLE when everyone is temporary and low quality. That's why it's empty to me.

9. Sandoz Girl Named Sandoz Registered Senior Member

I'm sorry, when people say inane shit like
    I stop listening. And laugh, sometimes.

10. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Don't you get it. The only reason you exist to others is because we are connected, either through language such as this text you type which my brain then translates, or through spoken word, it's still connection.

What I'm saying is, by thinking in the perspective you are choosing to think in, you are limiting your ability to connect, because you view yourself as a disconnected part of the whole.

The family is your inner circle, they are the whole, you are a part of that whole, then there is community, country, the globe, or the species, but the wider your scope the bigger you are, and the bigger your whole.

I'm saying, it's better if you widen your scope of perception, because then you'll attract better experiences to you. If you want to just, ignore what I'm writing, thats fine, but at least it was said.

11. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

i'm amazed by the results of this poll

actually, that explains why there is so much missunderstanding between the genres...
    I'm sorry for all of you who posted that men and women can be friends without any interest other than being friends... you are in for a frustrating life

12. Roman Banned Banned

Haha. I didn't read what you wrote.
    I saw that you wrote lots and lots of nonsense, and I figured that if you'd spend all that time on me, I should at least let you know that I don't care what you think.

13. Roman Banned Banned

Don't bother with him. He really is that thick. I don't even read his posts. They're infuriating. He's so dense. Quasar dense. Everynow and then you think you've picked up a sign of intelligence from him, but then you realize it's accidental.

14. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Density is better than being vapor is it not? You focus so much on literal and technical language that you do not understand what I post, yet you feel angry at text on your screen?

That's not a sign of emotional maturity. The ignore list option, use it. It's just pixels, you have complete control over your pixels on your computer.

15. baumgarten fuck the man Registered Senior Member

Not if you use Windows.

16. Sandoz Girl Named Sandoz Registered Senior Member

*rimshot!*

17. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Misunderstanding between the genres? What a lovely way of putting it! Is that because we men and women are capable of making such beautiful music together [retching sounds]? Or are you just thinking of that bloody guitar again?

PS You didn't mean genders... did you?

18. Satyr Banned Banned

Only if my friend blows me afterwards.

19. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Most wives are friends you know. Unless you plan on buying a wife.

20. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

After what?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Hmm, yeah, but according to the statistics, most (over 50%) will divorce their husbands in the first few years of marriage. So what does that say about them being such good friends???

Baron Max

22. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

If men and women can be enemies, why can't they be friends? It totally depends on the type of woman, in fact it depends on the woman.

Some women you can be friends with, some you can't, but it also depends on you. The way you talk about women, and some of the views you have towards them, if you want to be friends with women you are going about it in completely the wrong way.

Also, you have to choose wisely, but most important, when you get married assume it will end in divorce and watch your back. Assume every woman willing to marry you has a hidden agenda to divorce you and run away, with the kids, or half your property, or destroy your life when you piss them off. Just assume the worst and hope for the best, plan for the worst and tell them you expect the best from them.

In the end, you'll get either one or the other, but neither will be a surprise, you can expect women to try to treat you badly just as you can expect men to treat women badly.

23. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

yes i ment genders.... both gender and genre translate to gĂȘnero in portuguese, hence the confusion