can I unregister myself to vote.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chris4355, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Well, that's why you are being called again and again...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Just for citizens. Still they sent me an "inviation, that I respectfully declined....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. chris4355 Registered Senior Member

whats a civic child?

1) I do not avoid paying taxes

2) I don't care about voting because politicians can never be held accountable for lying to their public. I don't believe anything they say because typically they do not do half the things they claim they will do. If the public could prosecute politicians for lying, then I would care about voting. I do not debate who's better between Obama or McCain because for all I know they will end up doing the exact opposite of what they claim they will do today in order to get elected.

3)There are many people who could volunteer for this, and many people who could be jurors as a profession.

4) Anyone working for the government asides for the military usually makes decent money doing their work with plenty of benefits, why should it be different for jurors? 15 bucks a day is not a fair income, nor it is one that can pay the rent/food. My drive to court is 40 minutes, thats 20 bucks on gas everyday.

No thx.

5) I would prefer having a judge decide on my verdict rather than 12 jurors who are easily manipulated by lawyers.

In other words, I think the whole system is unfair and flawed.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Nasor Valued Senior Member

I believe there are statistics showing that judges are substantially less likely than juries to find defendants guilty. Presumably judges are better able to critically analyze evidence and not be swayed by bullshit emotional arguments from the prosecution.

Of course, it's probably mostly innocent people who demand a judge rather than a jury. If you are guilty and want to use bullshit arguments to get off, its probably best to go with a jury.

8. Nasor Valued Senior Member

Not everyone can afford to lose their income for weeks while they sit on a jury that pays $15/day.
    HAHAHAHAHA...oh, wait, were you being serious? Do you know how much the Government spends on infrastructure? It's about 60-80 billion/year - roughly 3% of the federal budget. Much of the other 97% goes to things that I am much less excited about paying for than safe roads and bridges.
    If I am ever accused of a crime I would most definitely NOT want a jury trial.