Can God commit suicide?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Greco, Jun 19, 2003.

1. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

New forum?

I have a suggestion. Since okinrus knows everything there is to know about the Bible and Christianity, maybe he should start up a Christian thread where people who believe what he believes can discuss till hell freezes over the their false religion.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. okinrus Registered Senior Member

I don't know everything. I'm just stating what I believe that's all. If I started my own thread like that I'd be the only one speaking.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John Locke Registered Member

I have an even better idea:--

Why not disable the commentators of religion who bash it with no grounds for doing so whatsoever because of their false preconceived notions of it? Should there not be some sort of screening test? For the majority of the members of sciforums.com who comment on religion, generally, and Christianity, specifically, do not "understand" the Faith which they are dissenting. For, as the great Aquinas expressed, if they did understand it, they would never see reason to debunk it. The fact is that those who do the debunking, quite frankly, have no idea what they're talking about except for their materialist position. And the only facts they know about Christianity at all is what they have learned about Christianity as a contrast from their materialism. If any at all, very few have tried to "know" it from the Christian's perspective. And they never would: for to truly "know" involves a lot of work and commitment. And, of course, the bottom line is that people do not want to be held accountable for anything, nor do they want to break out of their selfish complex and circular logic.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kajolishot Registered Senior Member

Re: New forum?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Circular reasoning can be a poweful ally

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

okinrus, Free Your Mind...

...and close the ficticious book with dead words and discuss your religion coherently.

8. Balerion Banned Banned

Even better idea: How about you stop assuming you know why people are debunking religion. I was baptized, been an active member of a church. I've been on that side of things. I know exactly what it's like to be religious, to live in a religious family, to attend a religious school. I know what it's like, pal.

And I question it becuase I want the truth. Call me crazy, but I don't usually take things at face value alone. I want to know how, why, what and where, and if you can't tell me convincingly, then guess what? I don't believe it. Like this whole religion thing. I don't believe that this god written about in the Bible, simply because the Bible is contradictory and has holes all through it. And, on top of that, there's no logic in it, period.

And talk about not being held accountable, how about you people who refuse to blame yourselves for a damn thing! "The devil got to me" or "Satan has his hands clenched around my heart!" What bullshit! It's exactly your religion that allows you to NOT be held accountable for a damn thing!

And finally, you say we don't know what we're talking about...but so far in this forum, I've never seen a religious person bring any scientific evidence forward here, or offer up what gives them the right to hold a certain translation of the text. Nothing. The only ones who have done so, are the people who search for thruth, not your kind. Circular logic? What a cop out. Tell me, sir, how does logic get any more circular than "Because God said so?"

JD

9. Jasper Registered Member

2 plus 2 equals 4 whether god likes it or not

THis is yet another installment in the old question of whether or not god can do impossible things.
    No victoria, god cannot make 2 plus 2 equal five.
    and HE cannot make 2 plus 2 equal six,
    and HE cannot make 2 plus 2 equal seven,
    and now that you mention it,
    there is an infinite number of things that god can't do.
    Example:
    God can not go back in time and re-write th Bible so that it deplores slavery.
    an infinite number of these examples exist.
    God can not commit suicide, neener neener neener, but we can

10. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

Interesting observation, okinrus, and why do you think this is so?