Can a house build itself?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by eScrewDotCom, Aug 9, 2003.

1. Fathoms Banned Banned

The Big Bang Theory is highly useful in describing the observations we have of the universe today, more so than any other theory. For this reason, I choose to accept it as fact. Although I don't believe it represents the beginning of the universe, or that it will be at the core of any Theory of Everything...

If the Big Bang represents the beginning of the universe, than it it represents the begining of spacetime, in which case asking what came before it is like trying to find the edge of a circle. I use "God" as a variable for something exotic and unfathomable that is the underpinnings of all reality, and all existential rumination. Maybe God is a higher dimensional universe that occasionaly, through causality or some other process, produces smaller universes such as this one, or maybe God is something completely illogical (logic gets way to much of the credit from intellectuals) but true. The point is, human logic can not possibly ever come close to explaining why anything exists at all.

Our pretenses about logic are rooted in the evolution of the mind... Relevent to this discussion is the concept of time!

Time has never been proven to actually exist. I think it's merely a function of the mind that allows our perceptions to flow in a smooth, linear fashion. In my view space-time is most accurately described as the simultanious existence of all "past", "present", and "future" happenings... Our minds developed in a very specific way that is conducive to evolution's dictates: and not the persuit of truth. It works really well most of the time in describing our reality, but it breaks down when we get to close to the edges, whether they be through a microscope, through space, or through "time".

Whenever we run into these deeper, existential conundrums, the logical mind becomes a hinderance. Reality should be humbling enough to concede of this much.

I've never heard of this Cromption effect. I don't keep up with my cosmology nearly as well as I'd like

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

In my head, the idea of "God" is not an answer, but an inspiration to look deeper, think differently, and reject the linear. If you look at things in a linear fashion that you'll only entrench yourself deeper in the sandtrap.

Causality is an endless succession of events. Even the first domino, cannot fall without the push of a hand.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SKULLZ Banned Banned

Well,the i guess i could say i think a little like you,when i try to imagine how we got here i prefer to think that there is this one singular infinite energy dimension that produces many universes.

In your final line you say the dominoe needed a hand to push it,i agree however i dont believe the hand is intelligent.

And rather than dominoes i think in terms of dice,a robot arm can be set with just a constant motion,in fact we could set an arm up using wind to blow the arm about.

So i think in terms of this arm in infinite wind blowing pointlessly,in that arm is a whole infinite bunch of dice,so this arm is getting blown about throwing the dice all over the place and the dice combination that creates a universe is not by desighn at all,the dice,arm,wind are all unintelligent,but trillions and trillions of dice with different combinations=trillions of outcomes.

Leave chaos theory to control how the dice roll evolves and you might just get a universe like this out of probability alone.

Its just an analogy you understand,i dont mean there is really this arm flapping about with dice and what not LOL (before anyone starts!).

How to explain the dice,arm and wind?
    well id absolutely love to but i cant cos im not any good at math or physics/quantum physics etc

I suppose you could have this higher dimension which is infinite and is producing universes the way i describe,you have to swap the arm and dice and wind with something mathmatical/quantum physical.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.