butt naked, what's the concern?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Search & Destroy, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

I bet you would if it was legal to have sex on the street corners.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

No, I wouldn't. I'm old and wrinkled and have an ugly body. And worse, my usual sex partners are old and wrinkled and have sagging tits, sagging asses, flabby thighs, and they're ugly as hell, too!! I'm a mean sonuvabitch, but even I would not inflict such visual torture on even my worst enemies!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

And that's thread closed, I think.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Are you a moderator??? And how is it the thread is NOT closed???

I'm confused ...which is becoming a constant state of mind for me at this fucked up site!

Baron Max

8. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

Here are some related texts I found through google / wiki

9. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

I meant I bet you would see it.

10. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Calm down, Max. Just wishful thinking on my part.

11. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

And those are nothing more than a few people's own opinions about nudity ...and nothing in it about nudity within a society or the effects on that society.

Posting a few more opinions, even if from some hot-shit "scholars", is nothing more than a few more opinons ....which we don't need at this point!

Baron Max

12. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

Research & Opinions from people who have given it more thought than you or I. Don't undervalue it just to help your point.

And is it really impossible for you to draw inferences about societal nudity from nudist colonies & family nudes?

13. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

It's even better when you do this:

Thread closed due to stupid, inane content and worthlessness.

14. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I don't undervalue those opinions, but they're still nothing more than opinions, just like yours and mine.

Inferences? From those very few people who practice nudity in special, non-societal locales? No, definitely not!

Inferences? Should I also draw similar inferences about humans by noting the numbers of murders that occur? The number of violent assaults? The number of violent rapes? If we did, what do you suppose we'd have to say about humans?

Baron Max

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I'd say...the US should send you to the caves of afghanistan and get rid of the taliban.

War on terrorism by nudity of rednecks with 'un'concealed weapons of visual destruction.

16. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Baron, you failed AGAIN to see the difference between offending and harming.

17. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Oh, no, I understand the difference, but what you nor anyone else is explaining is ......who makes that decision? The perpetrator or the victim? Or some other, neutral, outside judge? Or a majority of the people of that society? Or a small group of people in Indonesia?

Who decides?!

Just for interest; When a little 5-year old is stripped and photographed by her "loving" uncle ...no sex involved, but perhaps a little touching (caressing?) ....is that harmful or offending? And again, who decides?

Baron Max

18. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

I still believe you're undervaluing them. They have research and a lot more time spent thinking and refining their opinions. Ours is limited to a few posts. They are all opinions, yes. But that doesn't mean some opinions can't be valued more than others.

Why not? There are differences, but there are also plenty similarities.

We could infer many humans are the murderous, assaulting, and raping type. Likewise, we could infer many humans are insecure about their bodies, and if children exposed to nudity in themselves and in others around them are proving to be less insecure, than it's likely the trend would continue on a larger scale.

I assert a lessened insecurity would continue onwards to a larger societal scale. You assert it wouldn't.

But I have evidence suggesting it would. What's the evidence suggesting it wouldn't.

19. Carcano Valued Senior Member

In the west we get a a lot of our views on nudity from the ancient Hebrews (via Christianity), who made it the first item on the EVIL list...in the garden of Eden.

As soon as Adam and Eve ate from the tree of knowledge, the very first thing they 'knew' was that the body is EVIL, and must be hidden from sight, first by fig leaves and later by cloaks of skins God fashioned for them.

Wait a minute...isnt God the one who created those bodies?

This whole paradigm was more or less unknown among the ancient greeks, who are often seen cavorting about nude in their art.

20. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

I agree.

A lot of female clothing (and I'm sure this is true for males too) gives the impression that they are better looking naked than they are.

And like you said, not seeing it makes you appreciate it more.

I'm totally in tune with this way of living and I sure as hell don't want to change. If I saw too much public nudity I think it'd kill all my sexual urges.

21. Carcano Valued Senior Member

And besides...without bras women's breasts would sag lot faster, and would soon be intolerable to gaze upon.

I understand that the halter women wear in India is a compromise 'inspired' by the muslim invaders, who were appalled by the indigenous topless traditions.

22. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Why does everyone associate nudity with sex?

23. Roman Banned Banned

Because the only time we see each other naked is before we play hide the salami?